MetLife Stadium review

Ethan in Cleveland

I was generally happy with the MetLife experience today. Both the Jets and Bills fans looked to be tailgating in full force before the game. Getting in was reasonable. Took a few more minutes than usual. A guy in front of us was carrying brass knuckles and they made him give them up after a brief conversation.  I was in section 237 with my wife. Front row around the 35 yard line. Odd with the wall there. You could see the entire field but hard to see the Bills sideline without leaning forward.  Jets fans were cordial. Lots of empty seats. Bills fans looked to be at least 30% maybe more at the start and by mid 3rd quarter it was well over half and probably close to 2/3rds. Is that the norm for a Jets game?  On one kickoff touchback in 3rd quarter, Taiwan Jones was gettin the corner fans going and it looked like a sea of blue.

Club level food was good. My only real criticism is having only two bathrooms for the whole club level. 
Getting back to NYC was a nightmare. Took us four attempts before we could get a Lyft driver to figure out where the pickup area was. And then traffic via the Lincoln tunnel was terrible.  
Went for Indian food at Awadh for dinner. It was excellent.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

LOL. And you were happy overall with this experience OP?

Must have set some very low standards.

If the brass knuckles are caught, and they are not used on YOU, that’s a relatively good thing. 

I think. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I live right by MetLife. I go to every Bills game there each year.

I think I know your section but not positive. 

I actually sat in section 350. Upper deck,  Directly behind the goal post. It was one of my best experiences as far as seats go. Was shocked how good the seats were.

I could see everything.  It was like watching the coach cam. 

Where'd you tailgate? We were between K5 and K6. Overall had a great time myself. Glad you enjoyed yourself 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The big question is did he get a claim check for said knucks and pick them back up after the game? ;)

They gave him an option to leave them in some trailer and getbthem at the end of the game. He just let them throw them out.

I don't know much about brass knuckles but these weren't made of brass.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I was generally happy with the MetLife experience today. Both the Jets and Bills fans looked to be tailgating in full force before the game. Getting in was reasonable. Took a few more minutes than usual. A guy in front of us was carrying brass knuckles and they made him give them up after a brief conversation.  I was in section 237 with my wife. Front row around the 35 yard line. Odd with the wall there. You could see the entire field but hard to see the Bills sideline without leaning forward.  Jets fans were cordial. Lots of empty seats. Bills fans looked to be at least 30% maybe more at the start and by mid 3rd quarter it was well over half and probably close to 2/3rds. Is that the norm for a Jets game?  On one kickoff touchback in 3rd quarter, Taiwan Jones was gettin the corner fans going and it looked like a sea of blue.

Club level food was good. My only real criticism is having only two bathrooms for the whole club level. 
Getting back to NYC was a nightmare. Took us four attempts before we could get a Lyft driver to figure out where the pickup area was. And then traffic via the Lincoln tunnel was terrible.  

What did you order?

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You can't take a car back to the city after a game---this is always the result.  Take the train.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Better than the old Shaefer stadium in NE (went there twice). I think they had two bathrooms on each side for the whole stadium.

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

There wasn't a train option that I could find, at least not one that got you close to the stadium.  I was shocked there was not a train stop at the stadium. 

There is, though.

NJ Transit from Penn Station. Believe there's an exchange at Secaucus. Then direct to the stadium. Always a sea of people, but it's efficient. Been a few years since I've done it, but always good. 

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Black pepper and pomegranate marinated chicken for an appetizer.  My wife had goat cheese and spinach stuffed mushrooms. For entree I had lobster in a cream and saffron sauce. She had the vegetable bityani. Two taj mahal beers.

I must be going to the wrong Indian restaurants.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

There wasn't a train option that I could find, at least not one that got you close to the stadium.  I was shocked there was not a train stop at the stadium. 

Path train round trip from Penn Station to Secaucus and then switch to train right to stadium.

43 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Catch an Uber, to Hoboken, and take the PATH train, into Manhattan.

The problem is the Uber around the stadium.  

1 hour ago, Plano said:

There is, though.

NJ Transit from Penn Station. Believe there's an exchange at Secaucus. Then direct to the stadium. Always a sea of people, but it's efficient. Been a few years since I've done it, but always good. 

Good to know. GPS gave me no options that did not include a bus which I have an aversion to. 

Another boring Brit fact

for you all but I went to the old stadium in NJ in 2005 to watch England v Colombia soccer match. 

A Michael Owen hat trick was the highlight along with some chubby South Americans getting filled in at half time. Happy days. 

I’’m sure we got a bus from Port Authority Bus Terminal direct to Giant Stadium and back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.