11/14/21 Gameday Thread: Bills at Jets First Half

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Warcodered said:

He literally wrapped the guy up.

I don't disagree with that, but Allen was 20 yards away on the other side of the field. It's the epitome of a ticky tack call. Holds happen on almost every play. They shouldn't be calling ones that are on the other side of the field from where the play is happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

1) Singletary doesn't accelerate fast enough to hit the 1st down.

2) Needless hold on a big 3rd conversion.

3) Quick pressure from the left and middle while the WRs run long developing routes.

And with that a drive with good starting field position is dead.

The same issues are still there, we're just hiding them a little better.

And the Jets so far have not been good. 

Just now, Kmart128 said:

I dont mind deep routes but on 3rd down we are making it to easy on the pass rusher

I agree but I think situational football, your left tackle just left the game. Rookie comes in and asking him to block long enough for our receivers to run 15 yards downfield, not one was open either. 

• Like (+1) 1

Words can’t really express how much I’m beginning to despise our OL. 

Every issue we have stems from them.  

We can scheme, hide, gameplan better, but we won’t challenge for a Super Bowl unless they get it together. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I don't disagree with that, but Allen was 20 yards away on the other side of the field. It's the epitome of a ticky tack call. Holds happen on almost every play. They shouldn't be calling ones that are on the other side of the field from where the play is happening.

Exactly.  The hold was nowhere near the point of attack and had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the play.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I don't think you can ignore him rugby tackling a guy. If it was one of those grab the jersey calls, sure. But he rugby tackled a guy. A ref can't not call that.