Can we all say that 11/14/21 is our Judgement day.....for this season

Toyo321

I believe this Sunday is our judgement day vs the Jets.  A challenge has to be thrown down against the Bills and its coaching staff to correctly review and resolve the events of this last loss.

You are either contenders or pretenders in this league.  If Buffalo's offense & OL shows up with the same lack intensity and focus, or bad game planning we saw yesterday then this is a foregone conclusion that we just don't have what it takes to contend for a AFC title this year with our current roster and OC, especially on the offense line and in the backfield.

I used to have a lot of faith that this teams coaches and locker room could get it done.   Not so much anymore.  It is really time suck it up and step up and show what you are made of.

With 9 games to go you either decide to be the team you should be, or you keep on pretending that your current level of play is acceptable moving forward, when it clearly isn't.

And this squarely falls on McD and Daboll right now.

The atonement bell has been rung Buffalo, what team is going to answer this bell.   This is what I will be watching for this coming Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

With 9 games to go you either decide to be the team you should be, or you keep on pretending that your current level of play is acceptable moving forward, when it clearly isn't.

Who’s pretending it’s acceptable? 

So much drama.

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott. No sense of urgency, no passion, no emotion after the game yesterday. Very clearly gave the impression that the result was reasonable.

The consistent level at which you manage to misinterpret things you see and hear regarding this team is astounding

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I believe this Sunday is our judgement day vs the Jets.  A challenge has to be thrown down against the Bills and its coaching staff to correctly review and resolve the events of this last loss.

You are either contenders or pretenders in this league.  If Buffalo's offense & OL shows up with the same lack intensity and focus, or bad game planning we saw yesterday then this is a foregone conclusion that we just don't have what it takes to contend for a AFC title this year with our current roster and OC, especially on the offense line and in the backfield.

I used to have a lot of faith that this teams coaches and locker room could get it done.   Not so much anymore.  It is really time suck it up and step up and show what you are made of.

The atonement bell has been rung Buffalo, what team is going to answer this bell.   This is what I will be watching for this coming Sunday.

It’s a bit dramatic but I get what you are saying.  The Bills need a strong bounce game and will need to start stacking wins.

Each remaining divisional games is the season

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

McDermott. No sense of urgency, no passion, no emotion after the game yesterday. Very clearly gave the impression that the result was reasonable.

Thats literally how he is at every press conference regardless of the outcome. 

I can see this team showing up and beating the Jets, but until they show they can play consistent football for a prolonged stretch again like earlier in the season nothing really matters.

In fact I could see us winning against the Jets by 10+ points, but then coming home and getting trounced by a physical Colts team that is likely going to be 5-5 and in the thick of the playoff picture. Also added motivation to beat us since we ended their season last year in a game that could have easily went their way and almost did at the end.

It just feels like everyone is waiting for a run similar to how we finished last year after the bye week but given the upcoming schedule and glaring flaws this team have that run is likely not coming which is why I felt this team would be somewhere in the 12-5 range but that seems optimistic at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I'm not sure this is the Bills "Judgement Day". There needs to be some perspective on this whole debacle. Buffalo simply didn't take their opponent seriously. There's no other way to put it. The players didn't and the coaches didn't. Yesterday there were a number of really good teams that were upset. It's that time of the year. Now with all of that being said, there were problems on every level within the offense yesterday. There were zero adjustments made by the coaching staff, even coming out of halftime. That's very concerning. I think it's time Buffalo starts looking into bringing up Antonio Williams from the PR Squad. Also activating Matt Breida for a game to see if there can be any type of spark in the run game. Especially if Moss is unable to play in week 9 against the Jets. The Bills will never be able to be effective against the cover 2 defense which gives them so many problems if they can't pose any kind of threat in the run game. They'll continue to stay one dimensional. They're running into the same exact problem that Kansas City has been dealing with this season. The only difference is that Josh Allen has been running a lot better and protecting the ball a lot better. Oh yeah and he has the top ranked defense on his side. Teams don't usually like to give up on high draft picks early because it comes off as an admittance of failure but the Moss and Singletary combination just isn't working. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

No.

to your point..the whole league has a gameplan on how to beat the Bills...we are seeing this and will see the coverage and blitz schemes again and again...quciker adjustments are needed, loosing Beasley for the second-half hurt as until the quick passes to Diggs there really wasnt an adjustment other than quick dump-offs, some of which were tipped

to counter your point...teams dont respect our run and are doing their best to scheme against our passs plus we played some back-up OL who really arent good enough or arent used to playing together...how can Cody Ford regress that badly from being a first-round Beane consideration as well as playing tackle and guard to the mess that he is now ?  D Williams is as inconsistent as they come, how can he play so well last year and so uneven this year, where we dont know what to expect ?    You can try to place that on the coaches as far as prep and adjust for sure, but the basics of technique and execution are expected as you cant practice what do on screwed-up plays by the OL for example...but you can have more options available as to what do...roll-outs, max protect, bubble screens,quick slants, and crosses and adding another OL to form an uneven line, etc

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No.

Alternatively, Yes

So let's run with your take, that the Jets game isn't looming extra large this season.  Let's say the Bills lay another big turd and lose

Now they're 5-4 with Indy coming in next week.  What do you think will change between the Jets game and Indy game to make you think the Bills can beat a .500 team?  Frank Reich is a great coach, and has functional vision. in other words, he can see that you can beat the Bills by dropping 7 every play.  That's all the Bills are going to see until they prove they can beat it.  Does dogballs have it in him to figure out some plays to get around that, or will we see more of the same?

to finish my thought, if the Bills manage to fudge up the next 2 games, that'll be 3 in a row, and they'll be .500 and probably looking up at the Pats.  they're simply not built to overcome that

Edited by dorquemada
because

Good post.
One of the standard NFL comments: “You are what your record says you are.” The Bills have played two decent teams, Pittsburgh and Tennessee, and lost to both of them.
Yesterday was rock bottom. See Tim Graham’s column in “The Athletic” where he illustrates that it was a loss of historical dimensions. A good team should not lose like that ever.

Can the team turn it around? Sure. But the time to start is now. Otherwise, the Patriots will be division champions again.

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Seriously? You have seen him show emotion TWICE. Once when we won the division and another time after the heartbreaking loss to the Texans. No matter what this guy does not waiver. Go watch another team... I wonder if pats fans did this when brady and the boys lost by 30+ and brady threw 4 INTs, because guess what? ITS HAPPENED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.