Will Ford be on the roster week 17?

GreggTX

Will Ford survive the rest of the season?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ford be on our roster at season's end?

• Yes
    • No

Let's be honest. Injuries to Brown and Feliciano don't help, but neither of them are very good. Feliciano is average on a good day. Brown looks promising, but he's not ready yet. Boettger is a career backup. Morse and Dawkins are OK, but not great.

Then there's Cody Ford. I don't hate him, but let's be honest . He's just not NFL material. In fact, I'd say he's a very serious liability. So I ask, will he still be on our roster come week 17? Should he be?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

I think he will be only because there really is not anything out there unless they go to Williams back to guard and Bates to tackle

Cut him and let Doyle play. Don't have much to lose at this point. Ford is a known commodity: a gigantic failure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

He was a 2nd round pick.  At the time, I don't think anyone was calling it a reach (some even considered it a "steal" as I recall).  He's still on his rookie contract so he's got a reasonable cap #.  Ideally, he gets "injured" & we can save the roster spot.  Otherwise, come off-season, he's probably worth a low draft choice for someone to kick the tires.  By virtue of this logic, I hope he's still on the team.  That said, I hope he doesn't see the field.

12 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

He was a 2nd round pick.  At the time, I don't think anyone was calling it a reach (some even considered it a "steal" as I recall).  He's still on his rookie contract so he's got a reasonable cap #.  Ideally, he gets "injured" & we can save the roster spot.  Otherwise, come off-season, he's probably worth a low draft choice for someone to kick the tires.  By virtue of this logic, I hope he's still on the team.  That said, I hope he doesn't see the field.

Just cut him and move on, he’s not getting it 3 years later, he’s not going to.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

He’s a liability.

54 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Ford is in the discussion for the worst offensive lineman in Bills history 

As embarrassing as 74 was today,  so was Dawkins & Williams. Let's not kid ourselves.  Our entire OL could be replaced with the exception of Brown who we don't know enough about. 

Just now, letsgoteam said:

Who else. Wyatt, Spain (not disagreeing with you)

Why is this happening

McD is beginning to act like old time coaches. They are loyal to a fault to their assistants. Unfortunately, this often costs them their jobs in the end. 

If you can't improve your weaknesses, you end up losing. 

11 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Wyatt Teller was on this team....never understood why they traded him.  Big mistake right there.

They traded Teller to keep Ryan Bates.  

In fairness, Teller wasn't Teller by then, but geez couldn't they see what the guy was going to turn into?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.