Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

37 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'd be interested.  He wants to catch footballs.  We've got footballs to catch.  He's not a guy who gets in trouble off the field.  I'm ok with a moody WR.

Do we really?  Diggs isn't even getting enough targets.  Beasley has games where he isn't targeted.  Gabe Davis isn't getting much burn at all and it isnt because of lack of talent.  Where are these footballs that are left to catch?

19 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Let’s just not run the risk of a Kelvin Benjamin 2.0…only worse b/c of the infectiously bad attitude 🧐

No worries, No-Huds-Chuds (yeah, that's not gonna stick), because "The Process" in this instance is going to be Jerry Hughes calmly sitting down with him, and with Diggs at his side letting him know, "we do things...differently around here than you are used to.  Get used to different."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh BTW, If ya bring the guy in...who ya gonna take catches away from? 

In his last 9 games, 24 catches, 315 yards, 0 TDs...0 impact. 

For some reason ODB JR is not even close to being the focal point of the Browns offense. Not getting many looks, no offensive game plans setup around him.

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski seems to be a pretty bright guy...why isn't he setting up game plans around his best receiver? Not like the Browns have even close to the WR talent on the Bills roster.

• Like (+1) 1

OBJ is still a good WR but I don’t see him as a fit in the Bills offense.  Actually the Bills probably have one of the best WR rooms in the NFL and the team’s culture probably keeps him in check.  Plus you have a QB like Josh who has a great relationship with his WR’s and Tre who was a college teammate of OBJ.  

Still I don’t think that bringing in OBJ would be worth ruining the position of strength that is the WR’s but who knows?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

He'll be a Kansas City Chief. They need to constantly remind us how douchy they and their players are and this is a perfect opportunity to do that.

100% agree. Kermit needs a new target aside from Reek and Kelce. Honestly I’d rather he go there than someplace like LA. 

I could also see GB since they have one truly good receiver and nothing else on that WR squad

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

OBJ is still a good WR but I don’t see him as a fit in the Bills offense.  Actually the Bills probably have one of the best WR rooms in the NFL and the team’s culture probably keeps him in check.  Plus you have a QB like Josh who has a great relationship with his WR’s and Tre who was a college teammate of OBJ.  

Still I don’t think that bringing in OBJ would be worth ruining the position of strength that is the WR’s but who knows?

I absolutely would not want him here. Too many mouths to feed as it is and it only works if you can keep your ego in check. Odell would be highly likely to negatively impact team chemistry.

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Beasley and/or Sanders may/may not be on the team next year.  

OBJ would help us this year and is someone, who if he shows he can ball here, becomes a guy we could extend.  

If he signed here, it’s likely with the possibility of Buffalo becoming his new home - not just for this year.  

I think someone might claim him before we can, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s available when we are up and we pull the trigger.   

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I absolutely would not want him here. Too many mouths to feed as it is and it only works if you can keep your ego in check. Odell would be highly likely to negatively impact team chemistry.

I guess you forgot the AFC championship game where ALL of our WR’s were dinged up 

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

He affects team chemistry and derails everything we have been building for the past several years.  Risk is not work the reward in my opinion.  

Really ?? I’m pretty sure before that would even become in issue he would far far away from the locker room 

Just now, Putin said:

I guess you forgot the AFC championship game where ALL of our WR’s were dinged up 

No, I remember unfortunately.  I just hope that between Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis and Knox, as well as other role players, we will avoid that issue this season.  Besides, Beckham is just as likely, if not more likely, to be one of those dinged up receivers.  He has not been able to stay healthy for some time now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs was said to have character problems and Diggs even admitted some of it. OBJ would be a great addition for a small price. I wouldn't have traded for him, but as a free agent sure. He's still getting open.

He's dropping passes non stop too.  In 6 games this year I'm pretty sure hes dropped 3 4th down passes that hit him square in the chest.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.