Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I’m not about to get into his beliefs, but why didn’t he just say this stuff when he was asked if he was vaccinated? That’s the main issue here. 

I have to admit that my personal respect for Cole Beasley just took a totally unexpected surge upwards.  (I never supported the ***** he took on Twitter, uncalled for)  Even if I find some of Cole's beliefs unfortunate, mistaken, misguided, and just plain wrong, at least Beas had the 'Nads to be up-front and straightforward about them, instead of lying, getting caught, and then trying to claim some sort of crown for "moral obligation to object to unjust rules" (that Rogders also claims he's been following).

Maybe he should quote MLK saying "you have a moral obligation to lie in order to exempt yourself from following unjust rules" - Oh wait, MLK didn't say that.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Also, Aaron Rodgers is an NFLPA player rep. He signed off on all the covid policies. Now, and only now is he coming out and saying he doesn’t believe the policies are right. Hahaha, can’t make it up.

I did not know that, but if so, Yes, even more hypocritical.  Far from objecting to "unjust rules that make no sense", he signed off on them - and NOW he brings that?

Totally lame.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

What would have happened if he didn’t sign off on COVID policy. Would he be “allowed” to play? He’s caught between a rock and hard place because of control. 

No he wouldn't have been "allowed" to play because its not HIS league. He's an employee and works for his team and the league. He would have been put on the NFI list according to the policy and procedure that again, HE AGREED TO, before any of this pandemic nonsense happened.

Stop being jaded because you can't come to grips with the fact his decisions are wrong BASED SPECIFICALLY ON HIS LIES REGARDING HIS VACCINATION STATUS.  (There I put it all in caps so you see specifically what I'm referring to)

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

What would have happened if he didn’t sign off on COVID policy. Would he be “allowed” to play? He’s caught between a rock and hard place because of control. 

If the player reps didn't sign off on the Covid policy, it would have had to be revised before being implemented.  It only because league policy because the reps (or a whatever majority of the reps was required) signed off on it after their objections and counter-proposals were addressed.

If the player reps believed the rules were unjust or made no sense, then their moral obligation to object to them came at the point where the rules were being discussed and debated then approved and implemented.

And yes, if he voted no as a player rep (or abstained) as long as he followed the rules laid out for everyone, he would have been allowed to play.

But it's completely morally bankrupt to sign off on rules, say nothing about their justice or injustice at the time, say you are following rules (except for...) and then reference some sort of Moral High Ground associated with not following "unjust rules" in hindsight, after you're under scrutiny.

Surely you can see that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the player reps didn't sign off on the Covid policy, it would have had to be revised before being implemented.  It only because league policy because the reps (or a whatever majority of the reps was required) signed off on it after their objections and counter-proposals were addressed.

And yes, if he didn't sign off on it, as long as he followed the rules he would have been allowed to play.

But it's completely morally bankrupt to sign off on rules, say nothing about their justice or injustice at the time, say you are following rules (except for...) and then reference some sort of Moral High Ground associated with not following "unjust rules" in hindsight, after you're under scrutiny.

Surely you can see that.

Yea that's entirely the point.

Not a peep out of him when the rules were signed off. Nothing. But now, becuase no one criticizes Aaron Rodgers, these policies aren't based on science.

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

oof-simpsons.gif

that MLK quote geezus someone might need to unplug his mic.

I’m with Aaron and I am begrudgingly vaccinated since April.

31 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I’m not about to get into his beliefs, but why didn’t he just say this stuff when he was asked if he was vaccinated? Or not say anything at all. It all could have much simpler. He seems to be thriving on the drama. That’s the main issue here. 

He did, he said he was immunized, they took that to mean vaccinated. 4D chess.

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’m with Aaron and I am begrudgingly vaccinated since April.

He did, he said he was immunized, they took that to mean vaccinated. 4D chess.

It's a bit more than that (actual video clip upthread)

They asked if he was vaccinated, he nodded and said "yeah".  Then followed with "I've been immunized".

Even if you want to grant him some kind of hair-splitting difference between "immunized" and "vaccinated", "vaccinated" has a very specific meaning in the NFL covid protocols, which Aaron Rodgers as a player rep for the NFLPA, was supposed to have reviewed (and also seen, as part of the team training material provided by the NFL and NFLPA).  Being asked "are you vaccinated?" by NFL reporters and nodding and saying "yeah" - that ain't 4D chess, that's a lie.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If he was playing 4D chess, he would've been able to avoid this whole situation.

He's been playing Connect 4.

He was outed. His being diagnosed with COVID would not have shown he had not

taken the vaccine in and of itself. An opportunist took advantage to tattle. One cannot control what others do. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a bit more than that (actual video clip upthread)

They asked if he was vaccinated, he nodded and said "yeah".  Then followed with "I've been immunized".

Even if you want to grant him some kind of hair-splitting difference between "immunized" and "vaccinated", "vaccinated" has a very specific meaning in the NFL covid protocols, which Aaron Rodgers as a player rep for the NFLPA, was supposed to have reviewed (and also seen, as part of the team training material provided by the NFL and NFLPA).  Being asked "are you vaccinated?" by NFL reporters and nodding and saying "yeah" - that ain't 4D chess, that's a lie.

I disagree, he said yeah I’ve been immunized, not yeah I’ve been vaccinated.

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

taken the vaccine in and of itself. An opportunist took advantage to tattle. One cannot control what others do. 

What do you mean? Being automatically ruled out for the game after testing positive is what indicated he was not vaccinated. He was outed by the rules.

• Agree 1

I mean the "woke mob" doesn't care. As far as I know Carson Wentz is STILL unvaccinated, and literally no one cares. They treat him like a football player. 

The difference is that Wentz did lie about it, and intentionally break protocols all the time. 

[Edit to nip buds; do you mean Wentz did NOT lie about it? - mod]

• Agree 3

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

This isn't complicated, Aaron chose instead of keeping it to himself or coming out with his choice to take an opportunity to mislead people into thinking he had gotten vaccinated and roll the dice that he wouldn't catch it or if possible only catch it in a way that didn't expose that lie. The roll didn't go his way so now he's taking his ***** for that decision.

8 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I disagree, he said yeah I’ve been immunized, not yeah I’ve been vaccinated

Saying he was immunized was also a lie. Drinking diluted water does not count as immunized.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Do you also begrudgingly agree with him put his teammates and coworkers - any of whom can be at risk vaxxed or unvaxed - by lying and then proceeding to ignore safety protocols?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

This isn't complicated, Aaron chose instead of keeping it to himself or coming out with his choice to take an opportunity to mislead people into thinking he had gotten vaccinated and roll the dice that he wouldn't catch it or if possible only catch it in a way that didn't expose that lie. The roll didn't go his way so now he's taking his ***** for that decision.

That's fair, he did roll the dice and consequences shall follow but I do appreciate his stance on the subject.  I think his stance against the popular thought is very important.  

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I don't even care if he lied to the public. What REALLY bothers me is his ignoring safety protocols

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Saying he was immunized was also a lie. Drinking diluted water is not immunized.

There are more than 1 way to skin a cat?  Kidding aside, I can see where you're coming from but I appreciate where he's coming from with the what I think is craziness surrounding all things COVID.  

That's fair, he did roll the dice and consequences shall follow but I do appreciate his stance on the subject.  I think his stance against the popular thought is very important.  

And that's fine but he could have easily shared his stance from the get go. The problem is, Aaron doesn't like being criticized or questioned. He chose to go the route he knew no one would question. He's an idiot.

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I mean disregarding my opinion of that stance, I'm not sure why you'd want to give him much credit for it when he seemed more than comfortable to pretend to have the opposing stance until exposed otherwise.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

And that's fine but he could have easily shared his stance from the get go. The problem is, Aaron doesn't like being criticized or questioned. He chose to go the route he knew no one would question. He's an idiot.

I actually would characterize that as savvy and intelligent, but tomato tom'ah'to.  That's all I will say about this.  Go Bills! 

• Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Um Ham....the question was "have you been vaccinated?"

If I ask you a question and you say "yeah", then add something that is defined as a synonym but to which you personally attach a different meaning -

at the very best, it's deceptive, but I think the "yeah" and the head nod make it a lie.  Especially in this instance, where "vaccination" has a specific, clearly defined meaning in the covid protocols agreed to by the NFLPA/NFL.

I will add that lying to the media does not mean he lied to the team, and I'm not sure the NFL considers lying to the press to be a violation of its regulations,  so I'm not sure he can be fined or suspended for that

• Like (+1) 1

Um Ham....the question was "have you been vaccinated?"

If I ask you a question and you say "yeah", then add something that is defined as a synonym but to which you personally attach a different meaning -

at the very best, it's deceptive, but I think the "yeah" and the head nod make it a lie.  Especially in this instance, where "vaccination" has a specific, clearly defined meaning in the covid protocols agreed to by the NFLPA/NFL.

I'll have to respectfully disagree but inquiring and rational minds can disagree.  I can see where you're coming from too! 

• Disagree 1

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

What does it say? 

That he's an idiot

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Is this confirmed?

Embattled Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers claimed Friday he has an allergy to Covid-19 vaccines and that he is taking ivermectin, and lashed out against the "woke mob" allegedly out to "cancel" him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I actually would characterize that as savvy and intelligent, but tomato tom'ah'to.  That's all I will say about this.  Go Bills! 

Not really, because as a dude who’s tested for his job there’s a high likelihood he could test positive, considering the Delta surge. I wouldn’t have been that confident I could have hidden my status. Apparently he assumed he’d never test positive. 

10 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

It doesn't take savvy and intelligence to mislead people. That's an odd characterization. To intentionally mislead people and then get caught is the opposite of savvy and intelligent.

Up until this point, I would've characterized Rodgers as savvy and intelligent. He also seemed like a straightforward guy.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, appoo said:

Do you also begrudgingly agree with him put his teammates and coworkers - any of whom can be at risk vaxxed or unvaxed - by lying and then proceeding to ignore safety protocols?

He says his teammates knew he wasn’t vaxxed.. and they are already out there supporting him.  

Edited by SCBills

25 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

No one "tattled".

What "outed" Rodgers was being declared "out" on a timeline applicable to an unvaccinated player vs. a vaccinated player under the NFL's well-known and publicly available covid protocols.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

That he's an idiot

Embattled Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers claimed Friday he has an allergy to Covid-19 vaccines and that he is taking ivermectin, and lashed out against the "woke mob" allegedly out to "cancel" him.

Why?

No one "tattled".

What "outed" Rodgers was being declared "out" on a timeline applicable to an unvaccinated player vs. a vaccinated player under the NFL's well-known and publicly available covid protocols.

This I had not heard of, I was understanding that he was outted by someone.  My understanding is that there is no difference between vaccinate or unvaccinated when you get confirmed COVID.  What is the difference?  IF there is a difference, what is the culpability of the NFL itself if they knew that he was not vaccinated then?  

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You forgot the "I think" or "I believe" in there, since in fact that suggestion has not been made by anyone.  Well, maybe some dude on twitter somewhere but calling that MSM is a stretch.

I personally think it's 100% bogus that our guys Beas and 'lil Dirty get socked $14k of their hard earned money by the NFL but the NFL is *crickets* on Rodgers so far. 

I personally would like to see him fined, Big Time, but I expect that "lying to fans and media about vax status" is not against NFL rules. 🤷‍♂️ and I think the Packers are too wussified to step on the tootsies of their Great Big Star, however he behaves.

I think in this case the NFL is crickets because they are still investigating. This goes all the way back to camp that they have to look at. It’s not a one or two incident thing. It may take some time. 

However if this ends up being a star status thing and no fine. I will be pissed. 

Why?

Why, because The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Taking that drug as a Covid vaccine is stupid

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was a fan, no longer.  Yep consulted with Dr. Rogan and claims allergic reactions.  

Sure many of his teammates OTR are not happy with him.

I am lucky and only know one person unvaxxed.  None are happy with him, and wish he got vaccinated.

Yep I'm a blind lemming following the sheep.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, appoo said:

I mean the "woke mob" doesn't care. As far as I know Carson Wentz is STILL unvaccinated, and literally no one cares. They treat him like a football player. 

The difference is that Wentz did lie about it, and intentionally break protocols all the time. 

I assume you mean "did not lie about it".

Agreed - compare and contrast the negative attention to other unvaccinated players who straight-up said so, or to those who straight up said "that's private and I'm going to keep it that way".

Oh, wait -there isn't any

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Why?

This I had not heard of, I was understanding that he was outted by someone.  My understanding is that there is no difference between vaccinate or unvaccinated when you get confirmed COVID.  What is the difference?  IF there is a difference, what is the culpability of the NFL itself if they knew that he was not vaccinated then?  

Read the thread. There is a HUGE difference in protocol for vaccinated positive tests vs unvaccinated. There was never any leak. It became apparent to everyone the moment he was ruled out for Sunday's game as that is the unvaccinated protocol. There was no leak or tattle.

He's just mad he's being held accountable for his own actions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1