Bills Classless Again [Edit: FinHeaven message board]

Process

Q.  Duh, why didn't they take a knee?  A  Because they couldn't run the clock out.

Q.  Duh, then why did they go for a two pt conversion?   A. Because that makes it a 3 score game.  

This is professional football and kickoffs have been run back for touchdowns.  Also onside kicks have been recovered.  Not very likely, I get that.  But paid professionals play until there is no more doubt. Unless you are pushing for a mercy rule to be installed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/buffalo-classlessness-aside-miami-dolphins-210125280.html

Not just the forums. Apparently the local media is a bit sour as well.

Must be all the lime in the Corona's 😂

They’re a bunch of idiots. 
 Literally, one play before the announcers were saying it would be a tough decision to kick or not kick a FG, as a block return would set dolphins up for a win. 

So gameclearly wasn’t over before 17 scored on the running play. 

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Cost me $10 on a bet that the final score total would be an even number.

*edit*

But to be fair, the TD did win me multiple other bets leading to a net profit on the day, so I wasn't too broken up over it.

You make bets on whether the score will be an even or odd number? That’s pretty sick bro. 

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, that’s exactly why they did it. Go up 3 scores. But, come on. Game was way over.  

Its good practice for when we may need to score 2 down the road.  Its a situational thing IMO.  They are at a point in the game where if they dont convert its not a big deal so good time to practice it.

About going for two on the last touchdown -- the Bills won by 15.  What was the point spread?  I think I saw it was 16.  I could be wrong, and it could by one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Maybe it was a case like someone else suggested, that the Bills took the opportunity to try something new.  But that doesn't really make sense -- if you have a new play, you don't try it out so your opponents see it on film.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

According to Chris Collinsworth that’s ok when you play Josh Allen. It was still over the top with the waving imo. You’ve already crushed their soul multiple times. But like I said I didn’t rewind so I didn’t see how bad it might of been. I’d obviously have a different tune if Allen had been injured 

Did you just say according to Chris Collinsworth tell me that you understand the problem with that

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t think scoring a TD there was bad form. He was running the ball.

that said, I didn’t care that they went for 2. Game was over. 

Good to practice a play in live action that you don't get to practice much.

But I think they went for two because Miami did earlier. I don't really like that mentality. Just do what's best for your team on each play regardless of what happened earlier. And you don't want to risk a starter on offense getting hurt. If Allen got hurt on that 2 point play, that would have been horrible.

But I don't think anything classless happened.

Honestly, teams should be scoring as much as possible because margin of victory is one of the playoff seeding tie breakers. You have to balance that with injury risk and closing out games, though.

Edited by MJS

They're fans. I get it. If the Bills were on the receiving end of ass kickings (I was around for Miami kicking our teeth in in the 70's) and waves goodbye, I'd be pissed too, no matter the reason for ass kickings or waves goodbye.

Remember the outrage when Jimmy Johnson stomped on a box of Flutie Flakes when Miami beat us in the playoffs? LOL

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen might get fined for the waving, Lamb got fined last week.

I thought the same thing. I wished Allen showed more class.

However, (I have not had a chance to re-watch yet) it has occurred to me that Josh might have not been waving but making the hand motion of "Yapping" or "flapping your jaws".  

I thought he was waving but I also wondered why all of the refs right there seemed to ignore it rather than flag him for TAUNTING.

yapping-hand.gif

• Agree 1

This resembles what a lot of teams including the Bills would say of Belichek about running up the score but keep it up right until the last whistle blows it would be a totally different out look if it were there team doing it .

If you don't like them scoring then stop them & don't allow your team to give up before the final whistle .

6 hours ago, DQW87 said:

Q.  Duh, why didn't they take a knee?  A  Because they couldn't run the clock out.

Q.  Duh, then why did they go for a two pt conversion?   A. Because that makes it a 3 score game.  

This is professional football and kickoffs have been run back for touchdowns.  Also onside kicks have been recovered.  Not very likely, I get that.  But paid professionals play until there is no more doubt. Unless you are pushing for a mercy rule to be installed?

Yeah, I was there for Dallas MNF 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back in the bad old days we had people start the exact same kinds of threads on Bills boards when teams would beat the crap out of us, particularly Belichick.

There probably is a point at which it's classless running it up, but as a lot of the Fin fans said, if you don't like it, stop them from scoring.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

***** the Fish.  ***** the Miami Herald.  ***** the City of Miami.  ***** anything remotely related to Miami.

here's the thing. I'm acclimating myself to being a Top Dawg in the NFL this is new for this decade. SO if We as a fanbase AND a team have a few growing pains in how we handle being on top so be it.

Is #17 a huge trash talker? I dont think so do you? He wants to SHOW what he's got not flap his gums about how good he is etc. Quite the opposite. The Bills drafted a kid with not only physical elite ability but Mental as well...dude is smart he'll adapt an earn as he needs to (aka what coach McD TELLS him to do)

That's my take 

and as far as away message boards are concerned the KC was for me a new low...Miami can whine and moan *smirks*  laughs..........hahahaaaaaa

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

According to Chris Collinsworth that’s ok when you play Josh Allen. It was still over the top with the waving imo. You’ve already crushed their soul multiple times. But like I said I didn’t rewind so I didn’t see how bad it might of been. I’d obviously have a different tune if Allen had been injured 

Oh, nonsense, that's not what Collinsworth said. He only said it's a fact that it goes on, not that it's defensible or reasonable.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.