Tagovailoa Blows Up Sunday?

Dr. K

9 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Any of the rest of you consider it possible that Tua will have a breakout game against the Bills? He's been playing better lately, and the Dolphins have seen the Bills already and should change their game plan to account for what the Bills do. It must be galling to them to hear that Allen has their number and the Bills will roll over them. Flores is coaching for his job. They have a lot of incentive.

I still think the Bills should beat them, of course, but it might be a high scoring game and closer than we would like to see. 

Is he playing better or did the dolphins just play against two of the worst teams in the nfl and lose both times?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don't like to do the arrogant fan thing, reminds me too much of the KC fans over on their board.

I would be shocked if Miami won, but only because of how bad they've been against us and how bad they've been in general this year.

But the NFL is a strange place and strange things happen every week. Plus it's Halloween, maybe Tua will pull a Pedro Cerrano on us and sacrifice a chicken in order to get some extra power.

Tua has some weapons around him on that offense. They are still quite one dimensional though as they can't really run the ball. Tua also does not really push the ball down field. They may score 20-24 points, but we will put up 34-45 again. No coming of age moment for Tua this week. 

As long as the Bills find Mike Gesicki and cover him, Tua will not have a "blow up" day. The only success he has had against the Bills is when he finds this guy, whom the Bills always seem to lose. He has had some of his best games against us. COVER HIM!!!!

Did you see what happened at the start of Miami #1?

He looked lost against the Bills.

He played the Jags#32 in D and  Atlanta #27

He is going up against the #1 rated D in the league ,he is dead and might be put on the IR again

Blown up yeah literally....."He blowed up real good"

https://youtu.be/HPrHxPvsj4M

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-defense-rankings-2021

• Like (+1) 1

many of the replies look a lot like the pre game "we'll kill 'em" posts pre-Titans.   how'd that turn out?   All games are competitive in the NFL, until they are not.   Bills starting to get banged up.   the O Line that got beat up in Nashville will be even weaker Sunday.   go play the game .  we shall see.   go bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I expect Miami to make adjustments and play the Bills hard. 

On the other hand, I expect the Bills to be pissed off, especially their defense, and to go hard.

Dolphins last two opponents were the Jaguars and Falcons, #32 and #29 in the league in take-aways, #23 and #25 D on points.  Tua has been playing better, but he's going to be facing a different level of challenge (unless, of course, the Bills players lay an egg and expect to get a stop just by walking on the field)

The "wild card" so to speak is how the Dolphins locker room and Tua will respond to the Watson trade rumors swirling about.  Last season in Week 17 it seemed pretty clear Flores lost the team and they were heading for the bus.  Flores pressers do not come across to me like a quietly confident coach that is going to be able to lead his team to focus and go hard despite any and all distractions. 

But who knows.  It could be inspirational, "let's win one for the Tua-man" or the equivalent of when the Titans found inspiration in the whole Covid mess.

Com On Man the Fins are the 28th ranked D you can't change the stripes on a Zebra.

If the Bills bring their A game this ones over at 1/2 time and True Biscuit gets some live practice in the 4th Quarter.

11 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

many of the replies look a lot like the pre game "we'll kill 'em" posts pre-Titans.   how'd that turn out?   All games are competitive in the NFL, until they are not.   Bills starting to get banged up.   the O Line that got beat up in Nashville will be even weaker Sunday.   go play the game .  we shall see.   go bills. 

Coach will have them ready.

The Bills were one play or call depending on how you look at it from winning against the Titans.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Com On Man the Fins are the 28th ranked D you can't change the stripes on a Zebra.

If the Bills bring their A game this ones over at 1/2 time and True Biscuit gets some live practice in the 4th Quarter.

Coach will have them ready.

The Bills were one play or call depending on how you look at it from winning against the Titans.

works for me.   i agree.   McBeanes are the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just cant see the Dolphins o line playing so well that Tua goes off. Sure, any qb can have some good throws, but the thought of him putting up like 350 yards in Buffalo just seems crazy at this point. If I remember correctly, I think he did throw for alot of yards in week 17 in Buffalo last year, but we also won by 30 points so... 

• Like (+1) 1

I think he will play well. He's looked really good the last 2 weeks...but that was against the Jags and Falcons. This week he faces a (hopefully) angry Bills defense in Buffalo. Much tougher task.

For all the Tua jokes, (and many are deserved) he's a guy you can win games with. Waddle and Geiseki are legit targets. Parker always seems to do well against Buffalo. If he had a running game to take some pressure off of him and an o-line that was even league average he would be an above average game manager. Better coaching would be a help as well.

I could see him with a 26-42 290yard 2TD 2INT type line this week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It's great being a Bills fan among a bunch of neighborhood Dolphins fans.  The consensus with them is that the Dolphins are done for the year and have a GM and HC about ready to be fired at the end of the year.  They believe that the Phins blew it with the bunch of high draft picks they just made.  Veterans on the team have checked out on the effort to turn South Beach into Foxborough South.  They have also seen enough of Tua to know he isn't the answer.  The nut case owner is pulling the strings on all front office moves.  They also believe that a number of the injured players are dragging their feet to delay their return to the field.  Tua isn't a good enough player to overcome all of that.  Losing to Jacksonville was the tipping point for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.