Tagovailoa Blows Up Sunday?

Dr. K

Any of the rest of you consider it possible that Tua will have a breakout game against the Bills? He's been playing better lately, and the Dolphins have seen the Bills already and should change their game plan to account for what the Bills do. It must be galling to them to hear that Allen has their number and the Bills will roll over them. Flores is coaching for his job. They have a lot of incentive.

I still think the Bills should beat them, of course, but it might be a high scoring game and closer than we would like to see. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Vomit 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Wait

checking 

blow up in a good or bad way?

Ha Ha. 

Good, of course. I hope that none of the Bills' players are as arrogant as some fans. I know that McDermott fights to keep that to a minimum.

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Any of the rest of you consider it possible that Tua will have a breakout game against the Bills? He's been playing better lately, and the Dolphins have seen the Bills already and should change their game plan to account for what the Bills do. It must be galling to them to hear that Allen has their number and the Bills will roll over them. Flores is coaching for his job. They have a lot of incentive.

I still think the Bills should beat them, of course, but it might be a high scoring game and closer than we would like to see. 

Nope - Unless they come up with all new players - I just don’t see him blowing up.  He threw for 4 TDs against Atlanta basically using Waddle and the TEs.  

I don’t see that combination being really effective as the Bills have been playing aggressive.

Tua just does not see the down field throws and has been late.  I expect him to be the player he is - some good, accurate throws and many more passes into coverage.

A few drives slowly moving downfield until you can get a FG, but more resulting in punts, but you can believe what you want.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Ha Ha. 

Good, of course. I hope that none of the Bills' players are as arrogant as some fans. I know that McDermott fights to keep that to a minimum.

McD recognizes that Miami and Tua have been playing much better plus it's a division game.  I don't think any of the players take any team lightly.  They know the realities of "any given Sunday."  Fans on this board like to gloat...but they don't play the game.   It was only a few years ago that we were the upstart team looking to upset the higher ranked teams.  I expect the Bills to be ready and firing on all cylinders but I also expect the Fins to do more than show up.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

It’s possible that Tua starts his path to be the next Tom Brady Sunday.

I doubt it though. Mainly because the Dolphins are underachieving really badly, are banged up, and their season is in free fall.

I suspect Tua will make some good plays, and some bad plays and the game will basically never be in doubt

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

McD recognizes that Miami and Tua have been playing much better plus it's a division game.  I don't think any of the players take any team lightly.  They know the realities of "any given Sunday."  Fans on this board like to gloat...but they don't play the game.   It was only a few years ago that we were the upstart team looking to upset the higher ranked teams.  I expect the Bills to be ready and firing on all cylinders but I also expect the Fins to do more than show up.

I think I would rather play the Dolphins than any other team in the NFL. They are cooked.

We’re going to get Miami’s best shot.

They’re backed into a corner in the standings. 9-8 probably isn’t good enough for a wildcard spot in the AFC this year. There’s also wild speculation, given the disconnect between the coach and front office, that Flores might be coaching for his job. 

I’m expecting onside kicks, trick plays, eye gouges in the pile, foot stomps, and those chest slaps that Ric Flair did with the opponents on the turnbuckle.

Corner+Chop.gif

I hope the coaching staff takes nothing for granted and prepares diligently.  

Edited by benderbender

47 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

they are all nfl players, and often the line between 3 tds and 3 ints can be inches… but I’m not betting the house any more than when fitz occasionally had big games with Stevie. Did you think those were “extra motivation” or just you roll a couple dice enough and the number sometimes comes up?

49 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Although I can see reasons that the Bills will get Miami’s best shot, there are also reasons Tua improved the last two games.  Those reasons are Atlanta and Jacksonville.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I'll be honest with you. I think the Bills amongst any other team have ruined Tua's development irreparably. Any time it seems Tua and the Fins get any traction in the right direction here come the Bills to crush their hopes and aspirations. Every time he plays Buffalo he's always reminded he doesn't belong in the NFL. Just another example of a successful college system QB that some genius thought it would equate to NFL success. He'll be lucky to latch on as a journeyman back up when it's all said and done. Nothing against him, I feel the same about Mac Jones. Only diff is Jones has a better team and coaching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I'd be a little concerned if he had his full arsenal at WR playing

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Idk...but I was informed by a Fins fan today at the gas station that "Tua was gona burn Bills up this time" and that "Tua was starting to feel it and heat up". But then he followed with "Fins gona finish 11-6" So never know I guess

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Idk...but I was informed by a Fins fan today at the gas station that "Tua was gona burn Bills up this time" and that "Tua was starting to feel it and heat up". But then he followed with "Fins gona finish 11-6" So never know I guess

Was it their second or third beer run of the night?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.