JJ Watt Done for Year

aristocrat

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Or you what? Could have taken better care of him? Lol

He lasted about a long as Kuechly. When you’re a twig, like myself, you can’t maintain weight without help, and then your natural twig self can’t handle the brutal beating that comes after that, no matter what your weight is.

I think that most fans assume players are cutting weight to get game ready. That really isn’t the case at all. 

Star at his natural weight is pretty light. He has to eat like 5 cows just to get to a playable weight. Usually DT’s in past times have to cut 80 pounds. 

Watt has a frame like I do. You can’t really hold that size as my size with small bones. His natural weight without a gym, etc. is probably 175. That’s why he’s a total weakling.

Edited by Governor

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Was he playing well before the injury? I hadn't heard much about him this season until this.

I heard his name from like week 4 until now. Few decent weeks. He started quiet, unless it was pressures.

Edited by Governor

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Steroids are bad.

Just stop with this nonsense. He's 32 yrs. old with 11 years on the D-Line and never comes off the field (90+% snaps). He should have been on a rotation years ago but that's tough to do when he has a $100M contract. Houston ran him into the ground last year to the tune of 1,013 def snaps at age 31. It was never going to end well, but it doesn't mean he's juicing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

J.J. is owed $28 million on a 2 year contract of which $23 million is guaranteed

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/jj-watt-7726/

There are only 4 Bills players averaging more than $14 million a year. Dion, Tre, Stefon, and Josh. The way of thinking about this is instead of landing the splashy but older J.J. we are paying Matt Milano, who most, including me, did not think we would be able to retain for $10.4 million per year or $3.6 million less than J.J. Well done Mr. Beane

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/contracts/

We should all remember this as the Von Miller and Chandler Jones sweepstakes open up in a few months. In the NFL younger and cheaper is better than name recognition.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

Just stop with this nonsense. He's 32 yrs. old with 11 years on the D-Line and never comes off the field (90+% snaps). He should have been on a rotation years ago but that's tough to do when he has a $100M contract. Houston ran him into the ground last year to the tune of 1,013 def snaps at age 31. It was never going to end well, but it doesn't mean he's juicing.

It doesn't mean he's NOT juicing.  Both the Watts and the Bosas seem to be injury prone...like more so than other players.  Its all guessing, of course, but with the injury history of these types of dudes, it does bring into question the whole juicing during the offseason and going off the juice during the season and losing that artificial recovery prowess.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Great player, but this was expected and why I didn’t want the Bills to sign him (or Clowney). Just a waste of money.

I will say when all is said and done, I think his brother TJ will end up with the better NFL career. 

I thought the same sen se.  The only one I wanted and thought was worth the price was Ngakoue as I think he went for $13 mil./.  In the end, I’m still happy with our choices.  I still contend these guys will keep getting better and the younger guys need to keep getting out there and should gel.  

These next three games we should be tinkering with lineups (and I’m sure they are) with Basham, Epenesa, GROOT, Obada (I’m still hopeful on him), Zimmer, and so on.  I’d love to see how they can move some of these guys inside and when and what will be the best line up.

Watt would’ve been a bad decision.  He’s just too washed up with all of those injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, QCity said:

And you think what I said was nonsense?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

I'm sad for Watt, considering what he has done outside of football, but not sad for the Cardinals as a team. Not. At. All.

Why do we have something against the Cardinals? That is a franchise with which we should sympathize given their lack of a championship.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do we have something against the Cardinals? That is franchise with which we should sympathize given their lack of a championship.

They may very well be the opponent in the Super Bowl if the Bills get there. Feel bad for Watt as you don't want to see anyone get hurt but it does weaken the Cards defense. Then there is that hail mary thing that is annoying to still see in replays.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do we have something against the Cardinals? That is a franchise with which we should sympathize given their lack of a championship.

We have something against the Cardinals because they've already won the Super Bowl. Just ask them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.