10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Pregame thread

Chandler#81

Q: What do Miami and Nashville have in common?

A: They’re the Away team when they play Buffalo at Home.

Fresh off our SNF game Butt Whippin’ of KC, the Bills have been glorified by the media this week as never before. To most observers, we’re a shoo-in to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl! Extremely heady stuff none of us are used to at this media level, only dreaming of it happening one day. With our Bye week just ahead, is this game a trap? Ordinarily, we’d be worried. But thankfully, we’re playing yet another team who rear-ended us last year, after dragging us through their self-inflicted Covid affliction and screwing up our schedule. Still fresh in our mind is the rotten 2 weeks off following the Hail Murray prior to last years’ Bye. So there’s 2 very good reasons not to be ‘trapped’. Titans are a playoff team featuring an effective QB and name WRs as well as the perennial best RB in football. 

Thankfully, it’s a ‘Home Game’!  

Our revamped and improved Offense is just now hitting on all cylinders, with a different make up every time they hit the field. Our Defense?

Fuggetaboutit! Merely #1 Overall.

We might Blitz 20 times, we might Blitz once. We might lay back. We might go 8 in the Box. Like our Offense, we’ve shown we can Morf effectively into what ever situation we may face, while only rotating out Front Four. (not even gonna discuss our injury situation)

And, we have another debt to repay! 

We, along with the team, grumble about the wait required to play in prime time games, but we’re all going to have to get used to it, cuz there’s no end in sight. We’ve become Must See TV and our performances dating back to last season say we’re up to the task! 

Win this game -and if the Jets can knock off NE* next week while we rake leaves or go leaf peeping, we’ll have a 3 game Division lead through 7 games. 

Heady Stuff indeed!

Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 4

With all the support they're going to see in the stands - Bills will come out fired up for sure!  Just avoid the stupid mistakes, hope the refs let the players, ya know...  play! and I think the Bills will be ok at the end of the night.  If the defense can manage some more turnovers, this might turn into a walk, but if Tenn plays disciplined ball, this could be tight until the end.  Bills gotta stay focused and ignore the big stage - and kick some Titan BUTT!!!!!!!!

Go Bills!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If we didn't have the bye week next week I would be worried about a let down from beating kc. With the bye week i think they remain focused knowing one more game and they get some time off 

In fact I think the bills will take the intensity up a notch knowing they have next week off 

I like that the bye is coming up, but I think our guys who were with us last year remember the Titans taking 12 days off due to Covid, leaving us to wonder what team we would play, and when. That Tuesday night 42-16 drubbing is probably still stuck in their craw. I don’t know that we will win, but I DO know they will want this one badly. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I expect the Bills to play one of their better games of the year tonight after being embarrassed last year by the Titans.

Will also be nice to not be missing both starting corners, their nickel corner and Edmunds and Milano for the game like they were last year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If we didn't have the bye week next week I would be worried about a let down from beating kc. With the bye week i think they remain focused knowing one more game and they get some time off 

In fact I think the bills will take the intensity up a notch knowing they have next week off 

they have had all week to prepare for this game and forget about Chiefs. Why would there be a letdown? 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Q: What do Miami and Nashville have in common?

A: They’re the Away team when they play Buffalo at Home.

Fresh off our SNF game Butt Whippin’ of KC, the Bills have been glorified by the media this week as never before. To most observers we’re a shoe-in to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl! Extremely heady stuff none of us are used to at this media level, only dreaming of it happening one day. With our Bye week just ahead, is this game a trap? Ordinarily, we’d be worried. But thankfully, we’re playing yet another team who rear-ended us last year, after dragging us through their self-inflicted Covid affliction and screwing up our schedule. Still fresh in our mind is the rotten 2 weeks off following the Hail Murray prior to last years’ Bye. So there’s very reasons not to be ‘trapped’. Titans are a playoff team featuring an effective QB and name WRs as well as the perennial best RB in football. 

Thankfully, it’s a ‘Home Game’!  

Our revamped and improved Offense is just now hitting on all cylinders, with a different make up every time they hit the field. Our Defense?

Fuggetaboutit! Merely #1 Overall.

We might Blitz 20 times, we might Blitz once. We might lay back. We might go 8 in the Box. Like our Offense, we’ve shown we can Morf effectively into what ever situation we may face, while only rotating out Front Four. (not even gonna discuss our injury situation)

And, we have another debt to repay! 

We, along with the team, grumble about the wait required to play in prime time games but we’re all going to have to get used to it, cuz there’s no end in sight. We’ve become Must See TV and our performances dating back to last season say we’re up to the task! 

Win this game and if the Jets can knock off NE* next week while we rake leaves or go leaf peeping, we’ll have a 3 game Division lead through 7 games. 

Heady Stuff indeed!

Go BILLS!

He has his dad smile. Awesome pic!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, nucci said:

they have had all week to prepare for this game and forget about Chiefs. Why would there be a letdown? 

In an ideal world and perfect scenario there wouldn't and shouldn't be

But nfl players are humans and everyone I know and work with after a busy/chaotic/big week the following days people calm down less gets done. Then couple the fact its right before a vacation. My experience is that people tend to check out early

• Agree 1