10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Pregame thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I promise you no one was ever chill with Josh Allen around in Buffalo. He must mean nationally. He'd obviously be mobbed anywhere in Buffalo since the beginning.

He came to a building in downtown buffalo for something in 2018 after he was drafted, and the whole building came down to see him. It was mobbed.

Josh actually talked about "Buffalo people are chill" during his second year, about going out to Bar Bill to eat after the Tgiving game, and there was a $20 bill in his mug.  So he was evidently able to go out and just eat in a restaurant and be left (relatively) alone at that point.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was kinda too confident all week and weekend coming off the win v KC. today the jitterbugs hit me..  havent done a single thing at work all day other then read threads and twitter. cant even focus at work. All i can think of is getting home having a quick dinner putting the little one to bed (early night tonight at 7pm) and watching the pregame show. 

weather seems to be a warm nice  71 for tonight with no rain... BILLSMAFIA totally taking over nashville will only be complete with a W.  I dont post much, usually just read but nervs got to me up here in canada 

GO BILLS 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NIKOBUFF said:

I was kinda too confident all week and weekend coming off the win v KC. today the jitterbugs hit me..  havent done a single thing at work all day other then read threads and twitter. cant even focus at work. All i can think of is getting home having a quick dinner putting the little one to bed (early night tonight at 7pm) and watching the pregame show. 

weather seems to be a warm nice  71 for tonight with no rain... BILLSMAFIA totally taking over nashville will only be complete with a W.  I dont post much, usually just read but nervs got to me up here in canada 

GO BILLS 

Welcome!

Go Bills!

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Technically Brown was downgraded to “questionable” yesterday with “illness” - but haven’t seen anything more on that 

edit - Oh 

Sounds like something an IV can fix.

Edited by Back2Buff

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Josh actually talked about "Buffalo people are chill" during his second year, about going out to Bar Bill to eat after the Tgiving game, and there was a $20 bill in his mug.  So he was evidently able to go out and just eat in a restaurant and be left (relatively) alone at that point.

Damn, well that is surprising. Not that we're all #######s or anything, but I figure he has to take 200 pics a day if he's in Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Damn, well that is surprising. Not that we're all #######s or anything, but I figure he has to take 200 pics a day if he's in Buffalo.

I mean even if people are mostly respectful of his space he's got to have a constant stream of "Hey"s, and "Go Bills" kind of things anytime he goes out anywhere in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I dunno.

Maybe if he was just walking around on Elmwood in broad daylight, I'm sure he'd be swarmed.

But out to a private dinner at a small, local place. I think Buffalonians would respect his space more so than most other towns.

Just from what I've experienced when seeing Bills out in public.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Technically Brown was downgraded to “questionable” yesterday with “illness” - but haven’t seen anything more on that 

edit - Oh 

If he had food poisoning he is probably fine after a few barfs and a nights rest but I could be wrong. 

Buffalo has the advantage everywhere.  Does Buffalo show up?  There is no evidence to point to that happening.  Under Mcdermott they havent played down to competition.  Last year, what Tennessee did to them with scheduling and on the field they will have the teams 100% focus.  That team is better than Tennessee.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

ESPN Marty Smith interviews Josh Allen.

- Break-down the Hurdle - partII.

- Does a Tiger Woods impersonation

- how he loves what he does

Just the first 3 1/2 minutes - the kid makes me smile .. just so genuine.

I wish they wouldn't keep saying that the hurdle is his signature move, twice in 4 years is more than enough don't want him doing that too often.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Re: Brown tho, everything I've read says he is on a pitch count, and won't be full go until around week 10.  He and Jones do present matchup problems for our smallish DB's  wonder if we will see a bit more of Neal in this game, as he's our biggest DB.

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Re: Brown tho, everything I've read says he is on a pitch count, and won't be full go until around week 10.  He and Jones do present matchup problems for our smallish DB's  wonder if we will see a bit more of Neal in this game, as he's our biggest DB.

White is 5"11 and Wallace is 6'0'.  By NFL standards our outside coroners are anything but smallish.  Even nickel/slot DB Taron Johnson is listed at 5'11" (though he looks smaller than that). There are no NFL corners that can match the size of Julio, Hopkins, or DK, but they can run with them.  It's all about limiting their big plays and rallying multiple guys to the football.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

edit - Oh 

This is great. 

it reminds me of when I decided to eat all 5 of the Arby’s “5 for $5” sandwiches in one sitting. I then never ate Arby’s again for the next 10 years. 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it reminds me of when I decided to eat all 5 of the Arby’s “5 for $5” sandwiches in one sitting. I then never ate Arby’s again for the next 10 years. 

Your critical mistake was consuming food from Arby's. 

"Arby's: It's like shock and awe for your bowels." - Jon Stewart

• Haha (+1) 4