10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Pregame thread

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Q: What do Miami and Nashville have in common?

A: They’re the Away team when they play Buffalo at Home.

Fresh off our SNF game Butt Whippin’ of KC, the Bills have been glorified by the media this week as never before. To most observers we’re a shoe-in to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl! Extremely heady stuff none of us are used to at this media level, only dreaming of it happening one day. With our Bye week just ahead, is this game a trap? Ordinarily, we’d be worried. But thankfully, we’re playing yet another team who rear-ended us last year, after dragging us through their self-inflicted Covid affliction and screwing up our schedule. Still fresh in our mind is the rotten 2 weeks off following the Hail Murray prior to last years’ Bye. So there’s very reasons not to be ‘trapped’. Titans are a playoff team featuring an effective QB and name WRs as well as the perennial best RB in football. 

Thankfully, it’s a ‘Home Game’!  

Our revamped and improved Offense is just now hitting on all cylinders, with a different make up every time they hit the field. Our Defense?

Fuggetaboutit! Merely #1 Overall.

We might Blitz 20 times, we might Blitz once. We might lay back. We might go 8 in the Box. Like our Offense, we’ve shown we can Morf effectively into what ever situation we may face, while only rotating out Front Four. (not even gonna discuss our injury situation)

And, we have another debt to repay! 

We, along with the team, grumble about the wait required to play in prime time games but we’re all going to have to get used to it, cuz there’s no end in sight. We’ve become Must See TV and our performances dating back to last season say we’re up to the task! 

Win this game and if the Jets can knock off NE* next week while we rake leaves or go leaf peeping, we’ll have a 3 game Division lead through 7 games. 

Heady Stuff indeed!

Go BILLS!

not sure I'd notice JA's parents anywhere!  I mean, how do you know what his parents look like?!?!  They seem like cool people.  

Interested to see how much Milano plays v. Klein.  Klein appears to be better suited to stop Henry?  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Shoutout to @YoloinOhio for his comment about "working" on the Titans board because we are all apparently unemployed

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/43339-bills-week-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1788467

I had to setup an account to post a reply to the Titans moron who claimed there were so many Bills fans because we are all unemployed.  What a moron.   Perhaps he should look around.  A lot of Bills fans live in Tenn, or other areas.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I once randomly met Trent Edwards parents at a Bills game. He was just drafted in the 3rd and was the back up. I was standing in line and I notice two middle aged people with Trent Edwards jerseys behind me. So I was like "Hey, you guys must be his parents, right? Who else has the rookie back up QB jersey on day one?". They were super nice and chatty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I had to setup an account to post a reply to the Titans moron who claimed there were so many Bills fans because we are all unemployed.  What a moron.   Perhaps he should look around.  A lot of Bills fans live in Tenn, or other areas.  

Not even worth the time to setup an account. Your words will fall on deaf ears. 

And I honestly don't have anything against them attacking the people that came to their site to beat their chests.  Those are the bandwagon fans that got a new shiny toy for Christmas and need to let everyone know. 

The rest of us, humble and hungry. 

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

another team site with a dandy of a forum. no need for asterisks there.

I actually like to read what they are saying about us and their own teams. 

It's good insight IMO.... most of the time.   Similar to last year when the Rams forum said "WHO THE ***** IS GABE DAVIS?!?!?!?"

I don't know all of their players but it gives me a little bit more knowledge. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

oh it is a good read. I was just pointing out how loosely moderated it is. I mean you can't even say ***** on this board w/o the asterisks. I was tempted to join just to give them ***** about running their mouth about bills fans not working. they must not have vacation time or paid days off at their burger flipping jobs and are looking very envious that their stadium is going to be filled with the opponents fans, fans I may add are nation wide. weak conversation on their part, weak.

Which is why it's not even worth the time. 

I will say that they really have survived well since the move from Houston in terms of fan buy-in.

You see teams like the Rams Chargers and raiders in the last 20 years move because they don't have the local market backing them.  Or LA just sucks for football and the nfl should find a new location. 

I know they aren't as rabid as we are but they are at the very least, holding down the fort. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure I'd notice JA's parents anywhere!  I mean, how do you know what his parents look like?!?!  They seem like cool people.  Interested to see how much Milano plays v. Klein.  Klein appears to be better suited to stop Henry? 

I was thinking that myself about Josh's dad.  His mom, she's kind of known on the Interwebs as is Britt Williams mom - talk about families who age well!

There were people here who were offered to join them at a table in a crowded bar the night before the Houston game.  Said they were incredibly nice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

Happy Game Day, everyone. Get your work done, give your boss a good eight hours, and come to the game tonight ready to go. Hungry and Humble! 

LET’S GO BUFFALO!!!

My boss is in Nashville, putting in as much work as he is today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

46 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Shoutout to @YoloinOhio for his comment about "working" on the Titans board because we are all apparently unemployed

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/43339-bills-week-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1788467

I was perusing this board yesterday and one of their posters put in a picture of Hunter Kelly as a joke to denigrate Bills fans. If anyone wants to know the kind of people that post over there.

• Vomit 2
  • Angry 4

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Q: What do Miami and Nashville have in common?

A: They’re the Away team when they play Buffalo at Home.

Fresh off our SNF game Butt Whippin’ of KC, the Bills have been glorified by the media this week as never before. To most observers, we’re a shoo-in to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl! Extremely heady stuff none of us are used to at this media level, only dreaming of it happening one day. With our Bye week just ahead, is this game a trap? Ordinarily, we’d be worried. But thankfully, we’re playing yet another team who rear-ended us last year, after dragging us through their self-inflicted Covid affliction and screwing up our schedule. Still fresh in our mind is the rotten 2 weeks off following the Hail Murray prior to last years’ Bye. So there’s 2 very good reasons not to be ‘trapped’. Titans are a playoff team featuring an effective QB and name WRs as well as the perennial best RB in football. 

Thankfully, it’s a ‘Home Game’!  

Our revamped and improved Offense is just now hitting on all cylinders, with a different make up every time they hit the field. Our Defense?

Fuggetaboutit! Merely #1 Overall.

We might Blitz 20 times, we might Blitz once. We might lay back. We might go 8 in the Box. Like our Offense, we’ve shown we can Morf effectively into what ever situation we may face, while only rotating out Front Four. (not even gonna discuss our injury situation)

And, we have another debt to repay! 

We, along with the team, grumble about the wait required to play in prime time games, but we’re all going to have to get used to it, cuz there’s no end in sight. We’ve become Must See TV and our performances dating back to last season say we’re up to the task!

Great post, Chandler!   You give me hope, because I am worried.  Hopefully just a little case of BBFS and I'll recover by 11 pm tonight!

To our beloved Bills: "Don't Eat the Cheese, Boys!"

Just now, KCNC said:

Any more word on AJ Brown?  I think they gave him an illness designation on Saturday.

I think it's a Smokescreen, myself.  I expect to see him out there.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1