Is Baker dropping to #4 of the Class of '18?

Huh? What?

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Rudolph may end up being better than Darnold or Mayfield.  Forgot he was in that draft class.   I think all 3 are good, but not elite qb’s. 

Because you post on here, I make the assumption that you actually watch NFL football. How you could think that Mason Rudolph is a good quarterback is beyond me. They are literally playing the rotting  corpse of Ben Roethlisberger this year instead of him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

Dislocated his shoulder again. Yes, he’s playing injured for sure. 

How many hits can a dislocated shoulder take before he puts himself out of a job…, 

Baker Mayfield was the most pro ready QB of his class. Josh Rosen was the most pro ready of his class. It was clear. 

What they assumed was that these QBs had also a higher ceiling in addition to a higher floor. GMs wanted to rebuild faster than investing in a Josh Allen type with a high ceiling but long development plan.

8 hours ago, Huh? What? said:

I don't think so as of now, but... Darnold seems to have reached Baker's  best NFL level this season, if not surpassed it...

Wutttt? I live in Carolina and watch their games (on the 2nd smaller TV if Bills are on).... dude had a good few games to start the year, but has really reverted back to old form the last 2.5 games. Frustrating

ALSOOOOO

I'm prepared to get flamed here, but I am 100% taking Baker over Lamar too. 

Bakers stats are down. He's hurt. Their offense is very balanced/leaning towards run game. They have Chubb and Hunt, and a good defense. It's just the way that teams built 🤷‍♂️

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Huh? What? said:

I don't think so as of now, but... Darnold seems to have reached Baker's  best NFL level this season, if not surpassed it...

Does it matter?  I mean he’s either 3 or 4…but Allen and Lamar are 2 tiers higher than both Baker and Darnold.  I mean they are a distant third regardless who you put at third.  

I would still take Baker over Darnold personally, Darnold doesn’t have the balls to be good.

But again, it doesn’t really matter.  Neither is remotely close to the top of the class of Allen and Lamar.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, benderbender said:

Baker Mayfield was the most pro ready QB of his class. Josh Rosen was the most pro ready of his class. It was clear. 

What they assumed was that these QBs had also a higher ceiling in addition to a higher floor. GMs wanted to rebuild faster than investing in a Josh Allen type with a high ceiling but long development plan.

Weren't they the same class ??😐

So do they give him a huge contract or let him play out the 5th year?

Is his performance hurt by the NTS injury?

It sure hurt Josh in 4 games last year 2 of which were KC and Tenn.

So far the only one of that group that has been paid is Josh, Lamar should get his at seasons end and Darnold might if he keeps it up.

Baker flashed as a rookie regressed as sophomore lit it up his third year and is now in regression mode again(this started before the injury)

7 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Wutttt? I live in Carolina and watch their games (on the 2nd smaller TV if Bills are on).... dude had a good few games to start the year, but has really reverted back to old form the last 2.5 games. Frustrating

ALSOOOOO

I'm prepared to get flamed here, but I am 100% taking Baker over Lamar too. 

Bakers stats are down. He's hurt. Their offense is very balanced/leaning towards run game. They have Chubb and Hunt, and a good defense. It's just the way that teams built 🤷‍♂️

Baker stinks this year.  The Browns have 1 quality win.  There's no fact based reason to prefer Baker right now over Jackson.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I don't know.  Seems like he has made the Browns into a playoff contender every year.  Played better against the Chiefs in the playoffs than the Bills did last year.  As others have mentioned, he has been playing hurt recently.  

24 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Well it's track record and ceiling taken into acct, plus I think Bakers hurt more than they're letting on

Baker's will be a career 3500 yard/25 TD a year passing QB.  With or without in jury, that's what he has been. It's what he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.