Is Baker dropping to #4 of the Class of '18?

Huh? What?

23 minutes ago, Stads said:

Do you mean the 17/41 Sam Darnold?

Hate to be that guy because I am in agreement with not being a Darnold fan but he had crazy, important drops today. 
Moore dropped a TD that was put in the only place it could be and Robbie Anderson was killing drives with drops.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Agree 1

Huh What? is exactly  my reaction.

Darnold is not getting the help he needs from his WR

OTOH...does that mean he's not able to inspire them to put in that extra effort for the team?

Darnold looks better than he did with the Jets

OTOH he has 7 TD and 7 INT right now, that's Not Good

Mayfield >> Darnold at this point

Baker seems to have peaked, and teams are starting to overplay him to limit the roll out/scramble to his right--throw on the run play, which he does really well.

Basically the guy is a .500 qb since he's been in league and he's had good talent around him.  Browns will have to pay him after this year but man I'd hate to be gambling on that dude.

• Like (+1) 1

Darnold still has some growing to do.  I think Allen is #1, of course, but Jackson is making a strong case this year.  Baltimore and Greg Roman in particular are being very smart in the way they use him.  I think Baker is still #3

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The Browns never offered him $40M.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did the Browns even offer him an extension yet?

There were talks.  My point,  not being clear,  was that he should have just told them to get close or match the savior.

At this point,  he's costing himself alotta dough. 

Edited by loyal2dagame

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Rudolph may end up being better than Darnold or Mayfield.  Forgot he was in that draft class.   I think all 3 are good, but not elite qb’s. 

Rudolph is hot garbage. Mayfield is struggling for sure, but Rudolph is bad enough they'd rather play Ben at 60% and $40M this year.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.