Do You Curse During and At Bills Games?

WotAGuy

Do you curse during and at Bills games?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you curse while watching Bills games?

• No, never - it’s a sin
    • Yes, but politely (darn it, jeepers, criminey, etc)
    • Yes, but no f-bombs
    • Yes - full blown Tourette’s
  2. 2. Do you curse out loud at the stadium?

• No - it’s rude and obnoxious
    • Yes - but I keep it civil
    • Yes - full blown Tourette’s

2 hours ago, eball said:

This is actually a good question. I think if you are at a game live and are shouting obscenities you’re a douche. I mean, what grown ass man or woman thinks that is acceptable?  In the privacy of your own home, do what you want. 

Best answer, yet not necessarily an honest one for many of us.

2 hours ago, eball said:

This is actually a good question. I think if you are at a game live and are shouting obscenities you’re a douche. I mean, what grown ass man or woman thinks that is acceptable?  In the privacy of your own home, do what you want. 

I stayed up late to watch the replay of the KC game, so I apologize if I posted this already. 

We were with friends at Buffalo Wild Wings watching March Madness. Our sons were best friends on the same AAU team, and we loved the parents. Some $%&^ faced guys were getting unruly at the table next to us. They were a MESS and it was getting ugly. Every other word was a loud cuss word. They got so bad at the table next to us I finally said I was “concerned” about them. Not one of the three guys could have gotten out of the parking lot safely.

I asked who could drive home. They stumbled a bit and said “YOU GOT A PROBLEM?” . I wasn’t looking for problems, so I said no, but then backed up and said “Yes, I have a problem with the language” with our wives and kids there.  That fired them up and got the three of them out of their chairs. My son’s best friend’s ex-military dad stood up, all 6’6” and 270lbs of him. He had it in him, but all he had to do was stand and look down on them. They all sat right down and said they had a plan to get home. They were well behaved the rest of the night. You want Patrick on your side in those situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

right when youre actually there and feeling the energy of the game youre a douche. i mean how sensitive have we become where swearing at a Bills game is not okay?? its a footabll game

This has absolutely nothing to do with being “sensitive” — it’s about acting like an adult.  Do you walk around the grocery store and yell, “F*** this place!” at the top of your lungs because they are out of milk?  “It’s a football game so it’s ok” is just about the most ignorant response imaginable.

Here’s the thing: not everybody swears regularly.  I actually use words like s-h-i-t and f*** all the time.  I believe they are a part of our natural language.  But I don’t shout them, and certainly not at people trying to do their jobs.  Being outside at a football game doesn’t change that.

• Like (+1) 1

It used to be a lot worse when the Bills stunk.

Like WTF were your thinking coach punting from their 41 with a 4th and 2  down by 5 with 2:20 left on the clock and 3 time outs ;) 

Or one of the many scrub QB's throwing to one of the many scrub WR's in the flat and good CB jumps the route and takes it for 6 ;) 

These were realities not too long ago ;)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

My only friend from my youth who still lives in WNY has season tix to the Bills and the Sabres. Primo Bills tix, but his wife won’t go because the crowd is too crude. She’s no prude, but she has limits. She goes to the Sabres games on occasion because they are more civilized. I can understand that.  

Mature adults expect a certain level of behavior. It’s not church, but there are limits. You don’t seem to get that. There are parents in the upper bowl who can only afford to take their kids to a game by sitting up there. NOTHING wrong with that, in fact I LOVE it. They should NOT have to listen to your crap. Period. 

I've politely asked someone to watch his mouth because there were children in proximity.  I figured I would be told to go eff myself, but I actually think he appreciated the nudge and simply gave me a nod.  If there are no kids around, I'll swear, as in - "you've got to be fu*king kidding me!!"  But I wouldn't scream any vulgarities toward the field (as if the intended target would hear it.  If there are kids around, I try to keep any/all swearing at bay.

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Depends how stupid and boneheaded the play was., or how bad a ref's call. I'm actually really chill when the dog is on the coach with me. It scares her. She thinks I'm cursing her out. She knows that f-bombs are not good.

My dogs the same and won't even stay inside most of the time. As soon as F-bombs come out, he's scratching at the door. I feel guilty about it but then move on to the next curse word ridden rant. 

• Like (+1) 1

My brother has an 18 month year old.  His house rule is my brother goes outside to scream (when the Bills make a good or bad play).  😆 

Me, I’m 52, and have calmed down considerably.  But my Bills fan intensity still shows sometimes 

2 hours ago, teef said:

In public, I swear in other languages to seem less boorish. 

I can get slapped in 10 different languages lol

• Like (+1) 1

yeah Ive been known to let out a SOB at the Bills game but I would never disrespect a child or a family endlessly. As what happened to me and my family at a san diego chagaahs game this one ahole took the entry day freebie poster and wrote "Bills fans Suck" and paraded it back and forth in front of my family......yes they were the cheapest seats so that may have had a lot to do with it but needless to say I never brought my kids again and Im mindful of that.

2 hours ago, teef said:

In public, I swear in other languages to seem less boorish. 

a la mierda chingado cabrone ese hijo de puta piche corto Desgraciado...

How'd I do? 

lmao

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Muppy said:

yeah Ive been known to let out a SOB at the Bills game but I would never disrespect a child or a family endlessly. As what happened to me and my family at a san diego chagaahs game this one ahole took the entry day freebie poster and wrote "Bills fans Suck" and paraded it back and forth in front of my family......yes they were the cheapest seats so that may have had a lot to do with it but needless to say I never brought my kids again and Im mindful of that.

a la mierda chingado cabrone ese hijo de puta piche corto Desgraciado...

How'd I do? 

lmao

Bueno, mucho grassy ass

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

My dogs the same and won't even stay inside most of the time. As soon as F-bombs come out, he's scratching at the door. I feel guilty about it but then move on to the next curse word ridden rant. 

As soon as the game comes on the tv, my wife (she's no prude, and can f bomb with the best of them) and the dogs head out of the room.

Recently, we have been watching a couple of games with our 2 1/2 year old great grandson, in that case f--- becomes, great googily moogily or something like that.

• Haha (+1) 1

When I come back to Buffalo to visit, I know I’m home because of the cursing ….. Legit!!!

In 91, the second year we had seasons, we were in the tunnel end and made it our duty to abuse the heck out of the opposing team without  swearing. It’s a habit that has stuck. 
    Otherwise, I swear like the typical Buffalonian that I am. It goes over well in the South 😜

• Haha (+1) 1

For the record, the Tourettes swearing thing is mostly a myth.  I don't recall the exact percentage, but the vast majority of cases is just the muscle spasm thing and not swearing.

Also are you implying f-words automatically qualify for "full Tourettes"?  Like I say it once or twice through a game, but I have to pick the most extreme poll option?

What a weird thread...

Bride the First was a devoutly spiritual woman before her passing in 2005, and she enjoyed watching the Bills games on television later in life.  She watched a lot during post Flutie / Johnson era. Hearing her getting frustrated with games, I would merely call from the other room in a falsetto "We need little Dougie!  He'll save us!" That was usually good for a few "dammits!" and "shut ups!" sent in my direction.  That was as close as you were going to get to profanity from her. 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.