Greg Rousseau DPOW

17islongenough

50 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

PFF don’t have him graded in top 15 rookies through wk 5. Has Pete Werner graded and he didn’t play until wk 3?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-15-highest-graded-nfl-rookies-week-5-2021

It’s pff they really have no credibility to speak of, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

So much for a 'raw project' that needs a year or two to develop.

What Groot is doing as a rookie just 5 games into his NFL career has the makings of a future HOF player especially when you consider some of the elite blue chip DE's taken in the top 10 in recent years and how their careers started (i.e myles garret, chase young).

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

💪💪💪

Absolutely a steal!!!!!

How long has it been when we had a draft where we got multiple late in the round picks that are just killing it????

This feels like one of those those late 80s drafts .

I kind of feel like Epenesa is looking like a modern day Phil Hansen-type.  He may not be super-dominant (yet) but he's already looking like a handful to me.  Getting a lot of push and got obviously held like 4 times at least the other night.  He's still so raw too but I like what his trajectory is starting to look like.  And we're barely talking about him because Groot and Boogie are already showing some stuff. 

And just want to mention that big Ed Oliver is a beast, I don't care what his stats say or don't say about him.  Right now, everyone needs to understand that his impact is prob not going to show up on the stat sheet but he's a real force and then some.  Just watch him for 5 or 6 plays.  He's so freaking strong for his size it's ridiculous.  Just watch him throw aside guards and centers that are probably 30 lbs or more bigger than him.  He does that thing where he's locked on for a bit but always looking in the backfield (a natural at that skill) and all of a sudden the other guy loses just a little leverage or something and Ed just tosses him aside like a rag doll.  And did anyone notice him making that funny face into the camera the other night not long after they came back from half-time?  He looked right into the camera and was doing the eye-brow lift all smiling.  Absolutely hilarious! 😂  I love that guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

I kind of feel like Epenesa is looking like a modern day Phil Hansen-type.  He may not be super-dominant (yet) but he's already looking like a handful to me.  Getting a lot of push and got obviously held like 4 times at least the other night.  He's still so raw too but I like what his trajectory is starting to look like.  And we're barely talking about him because Groot and Boogie are already showing some stuff. 

And just want to mention that big Ed Oliver is a beast, I don't care what his stats say or don't say about him.  Right now, everyone needs to understand that his impact is prob not going to show up on the stat sheet but he's a real force and then some.  Just watch him for 5 or 6 plays.  He's so freaking strong for his size it's ridiculous.  Just watch him throw aside guards and centers that are probably 30 lbs or more bigger than him.  He does that thing where he's locked on for a bit but always looking in the backfield (a natural at that skill) and all of a sudden the other guy loses just a little leverage or something and Ed just tosses him aside like a rag doll.  And did anyone notice him making that funny face into the camera the other night not long after they came back from half-time?  He looked right into the camera and was doing the eye-brow lift all smiling.  Absolutely hilarious! 😂  I love that guy. 

Agree with all of this.

Epenesa was negatively effected by the lack of camp last year. He is definitely showing up this year.

I was a pretty big skeptic on EO this off season. I wanted to see him show up but didn’t count on it. He is definitely popping up all over the place. Part of that is Star being in there, another is having less plays/staying fresher than last year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Rousseau is a unique guy.  He is athletic but not twitchy.  Long and narrow waisted but strong.  He will only get better and thats pretty exciting.

Trying to think of who he reminds of. Simeon Rice from back in the day kind of. Not really sure what type of more modern player he is similar too. Either way he is playing really well and having a much needed impact.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

So much for a 'raw project' that needs a year or two to develop.

What Groot is doing as a rookie just 5 games into his NFL career has the makings of a future HOF player especially when you consider some of the elite blue chip DE's taken in the top 10 in recent years and how their careers started (i.e myles garret, chase young).

Exactly!! KC started using a RB to chip him Sunday night because he was causing havoc

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

So when do we start playing “I am Groot” on the pa system in the stadium for every play he makes?  For us fans do we chant I am Groot or do the long GROOOOOOOTTTTT?  Important questions need to be answered.

449431444_ScreenShot2021-10-13at11_15_13AM.thumb.png.b7f76d2e3f0a4d09251cb67b20afecaa.png

I             AM        GROOT                I             AM        GROOT

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Very impressed with Groot so far.  The play he made on the INT Monday was very reminiscent of a play I recall Bruce making back in the day.  Not comparing Groot with Smith, but the athleticism it takes to first get your hands up, and then catch your batted ball to in a lateral motion was impressive.   Hoping its only up from here!

Will not be the last time we see that.  How long before Daboll writes him into an offensive goal line play?

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Send that to OBD and GMFB, Kyle Brandt.  He even referred to him as GROOT yesterday on OBL.  I love it.

To think, he’s just starting to develop his NFL DE skills is scary.

It came from the Bills Facebook so I'm sure they will see it. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills dressed six DEs on Sunday night, keep everyone fresh not just for the game, but for the season. Rousseau and Basham have never played a season this long. It’s always a concern with rookies. If you can keep these guys fresh they are going to get better and stronger as the season goes on. If this happens look out.

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

So when do we start playing “I am Groot” on the pa system in the stadium for every play he makes?  For us fans do we chant I am Groot or do the long GROOOOOOOTTTTT?  Important questions need to be answered.

Feel like a cease and desist letter would be quickly coming in email from Disney Lawyers.

You're only allowed to have fun if Disney makes money off of it.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Feel like a cease and desist letter would be quickly coming in email from Disney Lawyers.

You're only allowed to have fun if Disney makes money off of it.

But they are not monetizing it.  Similar to music play I would asssume.  Mario Williams had the Super Mario Bros power up. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was thinking the Bills made a mistake taking Basham over Creed Humphrey.  I'm starting to rethink that.

Basham looks like he can play. I know Morse makes a lot of money but he’s been solid, want them to keep him and draft a guard to replace Feliciano.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.