Beasely update

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

For those wondering, Beasley is still on pace for 88 receptions this season. He's also catching 76.5 percent of the passes thrown his way.

why confuse things with factual data :) .. innuendo and rumor mongering is a much more effective means of communication.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Same thing last week. He would run out n get signaled back. I started a thread last week on it. 

I honestly think this O could be better n 3rd n Cole was a 1st down machine last year. 

But we ran more 3+WR sets last year,this year not so much.

1 play in particular last night,Allen dumped it off to a RB and Cole was running up the same sideline,uncovered.  He's a professional,great WR imo and will bounce back. Going to need a guy like him to win a SB

Ya. This O is built where the ball can literally go to any WR/TE/RB on any play. Makes it much worse on the defense. 

You look at KC and there's a significant drop off after Hill n Kelce and we exposed that last night. 

Our WRs / pass catchers rooms are currently full, WR, TE, RB, “receiver eligible” , the options are pretty darn endless for the Bills right now. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Davis has two years left after this one of a 4th round rookie deal. He is here until at LEAST the end of the 2023 season. 

Honestly based on age and contract I think Beas was always likely gone after this year. The vaccine thing makes it more likely. 

As for usage last night... especially first half the Bills used some funky formations and personnel groupings to confuse KC. Big personnel that they passed out of etc and I that had something to do with his lower than usual usage.

Exactly they ran a group of Gilliam, Kumerow, and McKenzie several times

• Like (+1) 1

Holy crap some people just look for things to worry about. First of all, we have no idea if Beas has any issues whatsoever with his role. It’s all a bunch of speculation and over interpretation of brief views of him on the sidelines on TV. What a bunch of over dramatic projection. He’s not being phased out, he will be a significant factor going forward. This was game plan specific. I bet KC spent a lot of time gameplanning on how to take him out of the game and Daboll surprised them with the RBs and Knox taking those targets. As for deleting his twitter, I think that’s easy. McD brought him into the office and had a chat. I’m sure he didn’t tell him to delete it. I bet Bease came to his own conclusion after they talked. That’s great f’in coaching. Keep it in house and keep the team on the same page. Please stop trying to manufacture controversy when there is none. Yeah he opened his yapper and said some stupid stuff about the fans. Make a few clutch first downs and all is forgiven. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This - or put another way, Beasley was a beneficiary the last couple of years in the lack of a real tight end on the roster.

Bills fans by and large do not understand the value of good tight end play - for good reason as we’ve literally never had one as a franchise.  But having someone who can block in-line and run patterns to move safeties and create mismatches is invaluable for an offense.  We have that now.

Beasley does one thing well - and frankly he looks less good at it this year, for whatever reason (age, mental focus).  Knox does two things well and makes Beasley somewhat expendable.

Add in Sanders and the growing rapport he has with Allen and you’ve got a recipe for less Beasley.

None of it has to do with his bizarre views on science/freedom or the fact that he looks like a truck stop hooker.

As for shutting down his Twitter account - strikes me as more attention-seeking.  But then again that’s all Twitter is, a megaphone for narcissists and lunatics. Good riddance.

you can have a great TE and slot WR.  It’s not mutually exclusive.   Beasly had the 3rd most WR snaps, but the plays were elsewhere.  He’s been in the NFL long enough to know what’s going on.  

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

you can have a great TE and slot WR.  It’s not mutually exclusive.   Beasly had the 3rd most WR snaps, but the plays were elsewhere.  He’s been in the NFL long enough to know what’s going on.  

Last year Beasley was competing for catches with Diggs and a rookie WR, a rookie RB, and a TE that dropped one for every two he caught.

This year he's up against a legit #2 WR who's functioned at a very high level, plus a RB who now has much more experience, plus a TE that seems to have figured things out.  So less balls for Beasley.  Is he really sulking, who knows?? 

I will admit late in the game about two plays prior to his one catch, I did comment to someone, is Beasley hurt or something?

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

it gets harder when you add a great WR1 and pretty good wr2 also.

when your qb isn’t a massive hit you get a couple luxury guys. He’s one of those in this offense. Come January, could be a huge blessing but at the moment mostly insurance. 

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Clearly Sanders has emerged as our wr2. It breaks my heart to see Cole's targets diminish. Has this whole vax issue taken it's toll? I'm also not thrilled that Gabe's targets are down too. Maybe some of those are now finding Knox. 

I am thrilled by the 4-1 record and 5he progress.  The offense is better with the additions of Sanders and Spencer Brown.   The running game is better.  Our TE has improved and is emerging.   

Beasley and Davis will be called on.  It’s a very long 17 game season and we have lots of weapons. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why would anyone boo? It’s his decision and as long as he doesn’t get COVID and expose others/knock them out of the game or games, it’s nobody else’s concern.  And you can be fully vaccinated and still get it and expose others.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.