[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

26 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Even if that ridiculous explaination of "rubber lips" is truthful (Call me skeptical but I do not believe it is) comparing a man of color's lips to car tires of all things IS a racist analogy. 

The league may not mandate termination, however if Davis is AT ALL wanting to move on this is his chance to get out of that huge contract. 

NFL HC contracts are guaranteed.  

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

He's full of *****. He didn't say his lips were rubbery he said they were the size of tires, but nice try though.

Well tires are made from rubber, it isn't much if a stretch to see it was following along his habit of calling someone rubbery lips if he felt they weren't totally honest. If Gruden held racist views I'm sure it would have surfaced long ago as he is in a profession that has a larger than average percentage of minorities than in most employment settings.  

I just don't think he could hold racist views and be able to hide it in his position for the entirety of his career.  If he has then we've all lost on seeing the finest actor and he truly chose the wrong profession.

Edited by AuntieEm
Format and grammar corrections

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

E10E03C4-523F-43EF-91F7-2B9246F6BE38.jpeg

It's always the 2nd guy that gets flagged😂

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

NFL HC contracts are guaranteed.  

True. But from what I understand most contracts have conduct clauses that can cause a void. If Gruden's has one or not we have no way of knowing.

10 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Well tires are made from rubber, it isn't much if a stretch to see it was following along his habit of calling someone rubbery lips if he felt they weren't totally honest. If Gruden held racist views I'm sure it would have surfaced long ago as he is in a profession that has a larger than average percentage of minorities than in most employment settings.  

I just don't think he could hold racist views and be able to hide it in his position for the entirety of his career.  If he has then we've all lost on seeing the finest actor and he truly chose the wrong profession.

He didn't say they were like tires he said they were the size of tires.

And I've still yet to see anyone who's ever heard of an idiom for rubber and liars.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's always the 2nd guy that gets flagged😂

True. But from what I understand most contracts have conduct clauses that can cause a void. If Gruden's has one or not we have no way of knowing.

They can't nullify his contract for conduct that happened years before he signed it.  

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He didn't say they were like tires he said they were the size of tires.

And I've still yet to see anyone who's ever heard of an idiom for rubber and liars.

This is the only thing I could find about rubber and lips (which isn't associated with lying)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubberlip&defid=2400557

(verb) To accidentally mangle the pronunciation of a word due to lingual clumsiness. This happens when you stumble over a word you can usually pronounce, or when you find a specific combination of sounds you simply cannot make yourself pronounce.

Edited by delirious

32 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

What’s your point? They were 6-2 last year. The man got $100 million, is 22-30 and hasn’t made the playoffs once.  Horrible contract.  

Ok, he’s a horrible 3-1 Coach.    You had to say something relevant to get him and fit in.  

Get over it.

Society needs to find more productive ways to spend its energy otherthan to continually chase every single slightly offensive thing done in the history of mankind. 

The outrage mob is actually holding back any advance that society makes with the constant focus on race. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.