Tremaine Edmunds named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

nato7412

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only the Sponsored ones have a fan vote - Pepsi ROW, Fed Ex air, Fed ex ground etc. Not the weekly AFC/NFC Offense, Defense and ST, which is what this is. They are voted on by the AP.

why isn’t burrow deserving by the way? 

Burrows numbers vs the Jags 25/32, 348, 2TD

Tyreek Hill 11/180/3TD

Hill's numbers will likely hold up as the #1 game for an NFL receiver all season.

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is cool and I’m not trying to be a jerk because Ive never participated and any Edmunds tongue lashings around here, but if 6 tackles and 1 int got it done how non-existent were the rest of NFL defenses this week? Lol

Maybe being the centerpiece to another dominant performance was involved in the voting. 

He was the leader of the defense that held a team to a net ~6 yards in one half, and shut out the Texans. 

1 hour ago, Gisele said:

How's this?  I love every one of our players and think they are all the absolute best at their position.  Let's move on

Now, now, you just gotta be a little more in tune with the circumstances at hand…,nuthin but luv, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is cool and I’m not trying to be a jerk because Ive never participated and any Edmunds tongue lashings around here, but if 6 tackles and 1 int got it done how non-existent were the rest of NFL defenses this week? Lol

Maybe being the centerpiece to another dominant performance was involved in the voting. 

I think being the centerpiece may be part of it. I liked the fine print above that pointed out they are the first defense to have 2 shut outs in the first 4 weeks since the Ravens in 2000. I know they have been lights out and a blast to watch, but that little stat tells you how special they have been. 

Let us all hope it continues on Sunday night in KC! 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Pfft.  Big deal.

This thread isn’t going ANYWHERE until Edmunds comes out and goes after Bills fans for booing him.

5 pages? Please!

Yeah, at least he isn’t a crybaby victim like that other guy right? He gets points for that in my book.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Having probably his best game as a pro while captaining and calling in the plays for one of the greatest defensive performances ever measured.

I've felt that overall Tremaine has underperformed relative to where he was taken in the draft and relative to his athleticism. If he can build on last week's performance the Bills will be a huge beneficiary because it can turn them into a powerhouse on both sides of the ball and a clear cut above the competition. He's a very important piece.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.