Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't care how it looks.  Just get the win. A win here sets us up nicely for the #1 seed.  It also sets KC further back from even making the playoffs.

Style points don’t count. I’d rather look worse winning than look better losing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't care how it looks.  Just get the win. A win here sets us up nicely for the #1 seed.  It also sets KC further back from even making the playoffs.

Don't care how it looks?  Fine... I'll be in the minority.  I care how this team looks... I think it's important to have a team firing on all cylinders and getting Ws rather than lucking into a W because the ball luckily keeps bouncing their way and the refs keep giving them calls.

I'll obviously take the latter... but absolutely prefer the former... and I think some of you who are saying otherwise feel the same way.

And if you do.... you care how it looks.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't care how it looks?  Fine... I'll be in the minority.  I care how this team looks... I think it's important to have a team firing on all cylinders and getting Ws rather than lucking into a W because the ball luckily keeps bouncing their way and the refs keep giving them calls.

I'll obviously take the latter... but absolutely prefer the former... and I think some of you who are saying otherwise feel the same way.

Don't care how it looks. Just win. 

They don't need to be firing on all cylinders in week 5. They need to be firing on all cylinders in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't care how it looks. Just win. 

They don't need to be firing on all cylinders in week 5. They need to be firing on all cylinders in the playoffs.

I care how wins look against teams we are expected to beat, but against the Chiefs I’ll take a disgusting-looking win so long as it doesn’t involve significant long-term injuries 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Bills have looked like the NFL's version of Alabama these past 3 weeks with 35-0, 43-21, and 40-0. Granted this week is a big step up in competition but still they have looked good. The Chiefs will make plays and there will be momentum swings in this game but just find a way to get to 4-1. 

2 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

How many somersaults do you think Josh does in an average practice?

In the Moss podcast he did say he took gymnastics as a little kid - paying off big time

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dang you're selfish.  You want it all!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Bills can be "firing on all cylinders" and getting wins and still have struggles throughout the game in various areas against the really good teams (like KC). These are not mutually exclusive things. Do you watch the SEA vs SF, PIT vs BAL games ever when both teams are good? There a boatload of mistakes and successes on either side throughout the game. These are not bounces of luck or ref calls typically, they are good opponents who are also getting paid and the teams know each other inside and out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills Mafia Kazakhstan has chimed in, translation below.

Kansas City, you are the Uzbekistan of America. enjoy being buried under the crushing power of Josh Allen.#BUFvsKC#billsmafia#ChiefsKingdom

Пусть блохи тысячи яков вторгнутся в ремешок Махоума, и пусть его руки будут слишком короткими, чтобы поцарапать его.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Style points don’t count. I’d rather look worse winning than look better losing. 

I agree.

But winning in a game that looks much like our regular season matchup with them last year where we were outplayed on both sides of the ball and just trying not to lose control of the game will do little to ease my concerns that we just aren't true Super Bowl contenders.  

Win or lose, I need to see signs that we can make Mahomes uncomfortable in the pocket, that we have a plan to cover Kelce beyond let Edmunds get manipulated in zone all game, and that we can limit Tyreek.  On offense I need to see that we are prepared for this deep shell and that we can run the ball when they're daring us to.  

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Total and utter rubbish.  I'd use an American slang word but it'd just be censored.

This is a gigantic game to me on so many levels.  If we lose this game, the Chiefs start creeping into that category that the Patriots were in for nearly 2 decades.  

Buffalo needs this win.

And in terms of individual players, I think this is a game Josh needs to play really, really well in.  This is the game where if he plays exceptionally well against one of the NFL's best teams on the road in SNF, there can be no doubt among ALL the NFL (not just Bills fans) that he's among the cream of the crop in the NFL at QB for the next decade plus.

If he loses and plays poorly... or even if we win and he's meh like he was against Miami, we'll keep hearing some of the doubters (more than just Nick Wright... who just doesn't count considering today he said KC is the best team in the NFL) talking about how "Josh Allen is too inconsistent" or "Josh Allen shrinks on big stages" or...  fill in the blank.

I want this win so goshdarn bad.  And all the quotes from the players and coaches about how this is "just another game" is just plain horsehockey.

I think the fans care a lot more about this game than the players do. It's game 5 and both of these teams are gonna be in the playoffs. It really doesn't mean that much

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

I think the fans care a lot more about this game than the players do. It's game 5 and both of these teams are gonna be in the playoffs. It really doesn't mean that much

It may affect seeding, but the bills have a much easier path ahead and the chiefs already have 2 conference losses 

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

I think McD would care about beating his mentor, but I think you're mostly right.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It may affect seeding, but the bills have a much easier path ahead and the chiefs already have 2 conference losses 

Buffalo is going for the 1 seed. Buffalo wins this game they have the inside track.  Having teams come to Buffalo is a massive deal.  Get the bye, get a little healthy, win 2 games go to the superbowl.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They do but I can't take the Raiders (that defense) or Broncos (the QBs) seriously. With 7 teams making the playoffs, they just need to be better than the 3rd place team in the North (which will be on of Cinncy, Balt or CLE), or finish ahead of either the Raiders or the Broncos.  

Their defense is in gonna cost them a handful of games, but not enough to keep them out IMO

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo is going for the 1 seed. Buffalo wins this game they have the inside track.  Having teams come to Buffalo is a massive deal.  Get the bye, get a little healthy, win 2 games go to the superbowl.  

I think the bye week is more important than the home field advantage. I hate the new format because there's not enough upside to fight for the #2 seed. 

I might do some math on this, but I think home field advantage in the NFL is fairly overrated. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.