Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Anyone else worried about Josh Gordon.  I know, he's 30, been out of the league, etc.  I can't find the link, but apparently KC is going to activate him and he's "looked like a top #1 WR" during practice.  

More worried about Hill. Extremely difficult to cover

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Based on what, exactly?

They have a super bowl MVP QB, the best tight end in the league, a hall a fame coach, a young dynamic runner, Chris Jones, Houston, Frank Clark, and the honey bagder. Additionally, they have owned the Bills. Do you really think we closed the gap? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

They have a super bowl MVP QB, the best tight end in the league, a hall a fame coach, a young dynamic runner, Chris Jones, Houston, Frank Clark, and the honey bagder. Additional, they have owned the Bills. Do you really think we closed the gap? 

They're also giving up over 31 points/game and have scored exactly as many points through four weeks as the Bills.

And yes ... I do think we've closed the gap.  Just because they have a better QB and a better TE, it doesn't mean they're the better team.

• Like (+1) 6

On 10/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, Process said:

We scored two touchdowns in the AFCCG. One where started on the 5 yard line after a fumble. The other in garbage time.

Allen, who was a superstar all year, shrunk in both games vs KC. McDermott coached scared. We got outcoached, outplayed, completely outclassed.

We will likely spend most of this season blowing out garbage teams. Won't mean anything if we can't beat KC. This game is huge.

as much as the d stank vs kc before, and as much as our d has improved this season, i totally agree.  to win this game we need our O to show improve and put up points.  i think 4 TDs are necessary for us to win this game.  the D showing out means we get lots more drives w better starts.

i have a feeling dabol has mostly switched the O to be much more like the dominant ne o's of old, where they control the ball a bit more and win the rock paper scissors games vs what the d has on the pitch.  play action josh allen w our weapons when we are running for about 5 a clip is a scary sight.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They're also giving up over 31 points/game and have scored exactly as many points through four weeks as the Bills.

And yes ... I do think we've closed the gap.  Just because they have a better QB and a better TE, it doesn't mean they're the better team.

Fair enough. 

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This league is about matchups. I just don’t get it, but we have not matched up well with KC, esp their defense against our offense. We are going to have to really change things up.

We need to put some OLmen in there that can get the job done and I think we just did that. It also helps to have receivers out there that aren't crippled like in the AFC championship game. I think the outcome of this game is going to be different.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Compared to what they were like last year they're downright civil.

I second this. They are definitely most arrogant fan base right now but that thread seems unusually civil.

They still don't think that much about Bills and Josh specifically, but they realize that their defense was awful so far.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

We need to put some OLmen in there that can get the job done and I think we just did that. It also helps to have receivers out there that aren't crippled like in the AFC championship game. I think the outcome of this game is going to be different.

I may be making way too much out of the swagger that Spencer Brown showed in the last game, but I think that can swing the attitude of any players that might have the slightest bit of doubt.  I don't know if players go into a game thinking that the other team has their number, but you know that thought is not bouncing around Brown's head.  

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I second this. They are definitely most arrogant fan base right now but that thread seems unusually civil.

They still don't think that much about Bills and Josh specifically, but they realize that their defense was awful so far.

being a .500 team 4 games in will do that to an arrogant bunch!  The loss this weekend should really knock them down a few pegs.

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree 100%. The Bills D has faced a terrible Pitt offense, Miami isn't much better and Tua got hurt, WFT are decent, and the Texans enough said. We will see how good the defense really is in Arrowhead. I don't believe the Bills will slow down their offense. The Bills just aren't a good match up vs the Chiefs. Kelce cannot be stopped, CEH shouldn't bad as effective with Star in the middle. Mahomes and Reid know how to beat the Bills. 

On the other hand, I think the Chiefs defense is very beatable. The Bills should be able to score. However, they need to change up the game plan. The Chiefs defensive game plan was outstanding against the Bills last year. I believe the threat of a run game is vitato beat the Chiefs. Some quick passes and screens too. Limit the 5 WR formation. 

I don't see a Bills win in Arrowhead. The Chiefs will outscore the Bills. They really need the win. I'm laying the 3.5 points and betting big on the Chiefs. 

KC.   38

Bills. 28

Spoken like a true homer.

Yeah, I don't see KC scoring 38 on our D. Even if Milano is out. The difference is going to be disruption from our DLine.  To this point the Bills D looks legit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is our first real road game in over a year, no?

Last year was whatever it was.  Arrowhead had some fans but it wasn’t a packed house for the AFCCG.   

Miami in Week 2 was, and is always, half Bills fans.  

At full capacity, that’s probably right. 

I of course want the Bills to win, but I could just as easily and annoyingly see the Chiefs win by 11...say 28-17, but the week after the Chiefs will need a last second field goal to beat the WFT, 27-24.

Man, I just hate the way our team plays the Chiefs.

Atlanta?  They can beat them.

Vegas?  They can beat them.

Chargers?  They can beat them.

...and all the while recent history shows we have trouble just hanging with them.

McD, Beane and the Men, please...change that this weekend.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Hello from Kingston. I'm new to the TBD Wall.

We got the east side of Ontario covered as my whole family here are Bills Mafia members and we protect the east end blind side.

As for KC game, love being the underdog as it will make the game that much sweeter when Buffalo Wins. Enjoy the game. 🏈

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I believe the x factor in this game will be Singletary and Moss. These guys were running like maniacs last week and the stat line does not capture how tough they ran. 

I think the X-factor is coaching...Bills and KC both have the players and talent to beat each other.  Coaching will be the difference maker.  

And I swear to God...if I see a designed running play for Allen I might lose it.  Let him design his own running plays on the fly, that's when its most effective.

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I of course want the Bills to win, but I could just as easily and annoyingly see the Chiefs win by 11...say 28-17, but the week after the Chiefs will need a last second field goal to beat the WFT, 27-24.

...and all the while recent history shows we have trouble just hanging with them.

GO BILLS!

This....100%

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, kevin Alfred said:

Hello from Kingston. I'm new to the TBD Wall.

We got the east side of Ontario covered as my whole family here are Bills Mafia members and we protect the east end blind side.

As for KC game, love being the underdog as it will make the game that much sweeter when Buffalo Wins. Enjoy the game. 🏈

I enjoyed a visit to Fort Henry many moons ago. Welcome to the board. 

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

GO BILLS!

We needed a new attitude against the Chiefs, specifically… we needed more “dog” in us last year.  

Sanders is a dog.  We now have a legit #2 who can deal with physical DB play should the Chiefs try that again.  (Also helps that we’re healthy at WR). 

Knox has the mentality now that we need in a guy playing in this type of game.   

If we go with Brown at RT… That dude is a DOG.  We’ll see how good he truly is should he get the primetime start, but so far, so good. 

Darryl Williams at RG.  Chris Jones/Cam Heyward types have destroyed our interior. I’m hopeful a big body like Williams at RG will help against the physicality of Jones. 

Revamped DL with Star, Rousseau and Epenesa.  Let’s see what they’re made of.  

Lots of changes have been made going into this game from the the team we saw last year.  

Of course, it really all comes down to Josh Allen..  If he’s on, we’re winning this game.  We have a better team than the Chiefs.  If he’s flustered and under attack all game, we likely lose, and then it’s back to the drawing board. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.