Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, chris heff said:

“Really High on Gordon”, good one! Josh Gordon had one really good year and that was 2013, had an okay year in 2018. I don’t get it, but fans will be fans.

The thing is that in close games its a play or two that makes a difference.  Gordon is talented enough that he can make a huge play or two and still not have a really good year.  That one or two plays could be the difference.  Lets say the score is close and the Bills D did a really good job shutting down Hill and Kelce all day.  Then out of the blue Gordon gets hit with a 50 yard TD.  It happens.  Thats what Watkins did for the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Compared to what they were likeast year they're downright civil.

I think getting spanked in the Super Bowl knocked that fanbase down a peg. Watching the face of the franchise run for his life and get knocked around like a ball of string will humble you.  Not to mention they have to be pretty upset at how their defense is playing, considering the Cowboys made Jalen Hurts look like a bottom tier DIII prospect last Monday night.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The thing is that in close games its a play or two that makes a difference.  Gordon is talented enough that he can make a huge play or two and still not have a really good year.  That one or two plays could be the difference.  Lets say the score is close and the Bills D did a really good job shutting down Hill and Kelce all day.  Then out of the blue Gordon gets hit with a 50 yard TD.  It happens.  Thats what Watkins did for the Chiefs.

Gordon has played in one game in two years. He’s been with the Chefs for a week. You think he’s going to make a difference in this game?

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Agree that Allen decides how this game goes for us. If we get happy feet Allen who drifts in the pocket and floats balls even for a quarter we're in trouble. 

Mentally he can't let the Chiefs be in his head and think about what happened last year especially since their defense looks like complete trash so far this season.

Needs to come out firing and looking like the Allen we saw last week against WFT because we have zero chance to win this game if we get the bad version of him that we've seen at times this year and that last thing you want is this to be a 'get right' type of game for the chiefs defense.

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Still no answer for Chiefs D line.  

The Chiefs are fairly banged up on the front of their D

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/03/kansas-city-chiefs-philadelphia-eagles-injuries-joshua-kaindoh-ben-niemann/

Kaindoh is a depth D-Lineman, Niemann is starting LBer, Willie Gay has been on IR, and Frank Clark missed the Eagles game.

Maybe they win and maybe they lose, but a) on any Sunday the Jets can beat the Titans; and b) I like our chances against KC more than I liked the Jets chances against the Titans.

Go Bills!

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The Chiefs are fairly banged up on the front of their D

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/03/kansas-city-chiefs-philadelphia-eagles-injuries-joshua-kaindoh-ben-niemann/

Kaindoh is a depth D-Lineman, Niemann is starting LBer, Willie Gay has been on IR, and Frank Clark missed the Eagles game.

Maybe they win and maybe they lose, but a) on any Sunday the Jets can beat the Titans; and b) I like our chances against KC more than I liked the Jets chances against the Titans.

Go Bills!

i get your point... but the titans were missing both their wr's. and they just so happened to be 2 of their most important players. context.

22 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Gordon has played in one game in two years. He’s been with the Chefs for a week. You think he’s going to make a difference in this game?

Maybe, maybe not.  If we lose by 7 and he made a TD catch or a huge first down because our D was focused on Hill and Kelce do you think that makes a difference?  He may not have played in two years but that doesn't mean he can't.  The dude may be messed in the head and likes his weed but he is still ultra talented.  It only takes one play to make a difference.

Again, I am not talking about walking out week one and dominating a game.  I am talking about making a play or two that could change the course of a tight game.  Gordon is not JAG.  He has a ton of talent.  It won't be hard to design a few plays he can run on offense without him knowing the full book in one week.

This is the type of game that sets the course for the #1 seed.  I hope our offense is clicking on all cylinders.  I hope Daboll made adjustments.  I hope McD/Frazier made adjustments.  

I am not worried about our defense.  I think they are legit good.  Maybe not number 1 where they stand now but top 10 good.  KC is going to score their points regardless, but they need to make some key stops and get a turnover or two.  

Our o-line needs to be better.  Josh needs to be good from the start through the finish. Can't leave points on the field against this team.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

This is the biggest game of the regular season. It would effectively give us a 3 game lead on the Chiefs for the one seed.  

Equally important, Josh and the guys need to know they can beat them.  Confidence is relevant and important. 

wait what 

no reverse psychology?

I'm really curious how we will respond as the chiefs make their plays. We've been able to gloss over a lot of sloppy play during these past 3 games against bad quarterbacks and teams. Could be a bit jarring to see how little room there is for error in a matchup like this. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  If we lose by 7 and he made a TD catch or a huge first down because our D was focused on Hill and Kelce do you think that makes a difference?  He may not have played in two years but that doesn't mean he can't.  The dude may be messed in the head and likes his weed but he is still ultra talented.  It only takes one play to make a difference.

Again, I am not talking about walking out week one and dominating a game.  I am talking about making a play or two that could change the course of a tight game.  Gordon is not JAG.  He has a ton of talent.  It won't be hard to design a few plays he can run on offense without him knowing the full book in one week.

Im just confused where you get ultra talented from?  I dont think hes in football shape.  I think hes just as likely to make a game breaking fumble as he is to make a game making TD catch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.