Spencer Brown - will he start on the OL? (Update - Yes)

YoloinOhio

I’ve been following this account for 5 years or so and he definitely has a source within the team somewhere based on my observations over time. My question is… where? Cody Ford is struggling. But is brown a Guard? I feel like he’s too tall. would they move Williams to guard? He’s a better tackle throughout his career… but maybe 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Spencer Brown - will he start on the OL?

I think he was drafted to eventually replace Daryl Williams. It makes sense small school high end raw prospect who can replace Williams who is on a 3 year contract but the struggle at the guard position and Browns faster development than expected makes me think by mid season you will see:

LT-Dawkins

LG- Feliciano

C-Morse

RG-Williams

RT-Brown

• Like (+1) 6

Getting the right mix and a little improvement on the O-line will probably determine how far we go this year. I’d hate to be afraid to look for options that might improve our odds. 

Having said that, I expect an O-Line overhaul this off season like we experienced at WR then DLine. 

EDIT: And I think in retrospect Spencer Brown will be looked at as the first move in the OL overhaul. It can’t completely happen in one offseason. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not sure where.  I don't see him as an OG and Williams just had as good of a performance as you can expect against a great DE.

If nothing else, the competition makes everyone better, I guess. 

• Agree 2

Spencer Brown is a freak athlete. He’s pushing 6-foot-9 in height and currently lists at 311 pounds even though he’s played at even higher weights. Brown is described as “ultra lean” by PFF despite his frame and he gets some of that athletic ability from his pre-college football days. In high school, he was a defensive lineman and… tight end, running around and catching passes. Maybe him and Dawkins could catch touchdown passes in the same season?

• Like (+1) 2

Bills have two very good tackles. Brown is not starting anytime soon.  Dawkins is under contract until 2024 and is only 26.  William signed a 3 year deal with an out clause after 2022.  He is still only 29.  If all goes well Brown remains a swing OT and places in 2023.

He's too tall to play center.  I just don't see him making the field barring an injury or one of the tackles regressing.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Spencer isn’t gonna be a starting RT unless he is at minimum, as good as Williams doing it, it’s to important to have a stout/ sold RT, and NOT downgrade a guard position, NOW if the switch can be done and the O line is overall better, hell, who doesn’t want that? But the switch of personnel has to make the line better overall or it’s not going to happen. It’s not unlikely to see some experimentation though. We shall see, I think it’s a bit early to expect such a big change when things are proceeding in such a positive fashion. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

Williams should not be moved to guard imo. That did not go well in Carolina. He was a fail at LT and guard there. But we know he plays at a high level at RT. 
I know it’s just a theoretical thread but I’d hate the idea. I would almost rather see Dawkins trying to kick into guard than Williams