Spencer Brown - will he start on the OL? (Update - Yes)

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Spencer Brown - will he start on the OL? (Update - Yes)
32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ALL TIME FAVORITE………………for TODAY. Does that bother anyone else? Just curious.  🤷‍♀️

Glad to see him out there and having fun. Almost as glad as NOT seeing Ford and Feliciano out there. 

Big fan of Spencer Brown.  Kind of afraid of him going against Jones for KC but I say let him play.   I take today's performance with a grain of salt, but I like this lineup better so far.  Hope they stick with it.  Would be awesome if we have two great tackles and they both are characters!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, delirious said:

Big fan of Spencer Brown.  Kind of afraid of him going against Jones for KC but I say let him play.   I take today's performance with a grain of salt, but I like this lineup better so far.  Hope they stick with it.  Would be awesome if we have two great tackles and they both are characters!

If he's outplaying Williams nothing really to lose better to keep developing him anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Ford is now officially a bust.

Yup, I have been someone who held out a long time for Ford. I thought he started 2019 shaky but came up strong towards the end of the season. In 2020 when he was kicked inside I thought he was decent then he got hurt. I figured he could pan out as a decent guard.

But thus far in 2021 he has been awful. I think he hangs around this season and next as depth but he is not part of the line long term it looks like.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If he's outplaying Williams nothing really to lose better to keep developing him anyway.

Even if Williams is outplaying Brown, if he's outplaying Ford more, it's worth doing.

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Yup, I have been someone who held out a long time for Ford. I thought he started 2019 shaky but came up strong towards the end of the season. In 2020 when he was kicked inside I thought he was decent then he got hurt. I figured he could pan out as a decent guard.

But thus far in 2021 he has been awful. I think he hangs around this season and next as depth but he is not part of the line long term it looks like.

Ive never been a fan of Ford, i was disappointed when we drafted him. I dont remember who i wanted at the time but im sure hes better 😉😉👍👍

On 9/30/2021 at 7:10 PM, Locomark said:

I think next year he is our RT starter but I think they draft an OG versus keeping an overpriced OT Williams as a high priced guard. It’s easier to get a cheaper swing tackle and let a rookie battle to displace Ford. 

If, and it's definitely a big if Williams plays at a high level at RG then with the escalating salaries his 3 yr 27M deal is actually not too brutal. Some of the elite guards are getting 12-13M per year so it won't be so bad as long as he is a top 10 RG....which like I said remains to be seen.

• Agree 1

Just now, vincec said:

They were still kinda shaky, imo. They’re still hunting a good starting 5.

Williams has never played guard before so a few times likely blown adjustments.  Brown played well and was great pulling and we ran ball better.

10 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Williams has never played guard before so a few times likely blown adjustments.  Brown played well and was great pulling and we ran ball better.

Williams most certainly has played guard before; for Carolina, albeit, he wasn't good when he was but their line was bad.

32 minutes ago, delirious said:

Williams most certainly has played guard before; for Carolina, albeit, he wasn't good when he was but their line was bad.

Just going by what announcers said.  I am just thrilled to see how our draft picks over last few years have done well when pushed to start