9/26/21 Bills vs. WTF Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Only 3 teams in the league have given up less points than the Bills and they are tied for the league lead with the largest point differential.

Chiefs in last place in their division!  Wow, who'd have expected that!

Should be fun watching Nicky Wright tomorrow...  They were teasing him on Friday that the Chiefs could be in last place looking up at the 3-0 teams.  He was having none of it, of course.  

This was almost a perfect weekend.  TB12 lost, AFC-E outside of B'flo lost, Pitt lost, KC lost.  Could have used a Titans and Ravens loss too, but I guess some teams need to win.  Poor Indy.  Their season is swirling the bowl.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, wjag said:

This was almost a perfect weekend.  TB12 lost, AFC-E outside of B'flo lost, Pitt lost, KC lost.  Could have used a Titans and Ravens loss too, but I guess some teams need to win.  Poor Indy.  Their season is swirling the bowl.

Colts have a chance to stop the bleeding playing the Dolphins next week but if they don't they got to go to Baltimore for Monday Night.

Not a stretch to see them at 0-5.  Wentz is just a disappointment.

5 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Are those experts crapping on the Bills after week 1 going to talk about the Chiefs being 1-2 after week 3?   The CHIEFS are the biggest group of jerks and I love it.

And is anyone going to say that Mahomes sucks for having two badly thrown interceptions in back to back games that was a factor in the final score?

Some of our own would be all over JA for doing that. I don’t mean that in the sense of critique, critique is fine. I mean that in the sense of, “he must not be who we thought he was”.

Go Bills, this is ours for the taking!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

By the way, I thought Heinecki looked good today. Great mobility And his fade to Thomas was text book. I think he will be the long term starter there. He just needs some more weapons and a good defense.

He did throw in some head-scratchers out there... tosses into triple coverage in the middle of the field....he also seems blind to robber concepts when locked onto his primary receiver.

The glass is not empty though... some good touch on some throws and pretty good mobility and pocket awareness.

56 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I look at it this way, Gabe gets to rest the ankle, while the other three have the potential to get nicked up over a couple of weeks.  When one does get a bit nicked up, Gabe comes in as the third and one gets less snaps, and gets healthy again.  With Knox seemingly early to tell, but maybe finally made progress in his ball handling skills (TD catch was awesome and not an easy catch), and one of the two RB’s, we have da da da da, depth.

If Gabe’s 100%, I hope he gets some snaps with the Texans, but if not 100%, not 90%, let him sit for most of next week as we surely need him going gang busters at the Chiefs.  I like this team on 11 personnel.  They have the most flexibility amd balance in this formation.  We don’t have a second TE garnering a 12 personnel formation, but at times, not often, 21 with Gilliam and pick you’re RB could be effective.  It would be specific to the opponent.  I think we need to stay away from 10 and empty sets.

I was thinking the same thing.  Gabe will get his chances this year for sure.  We have an abundance of riches right now, but that can change so quickly. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Didnt colin have us at #10 in his power rankings behind Denver?

He had us at number nine. That said, he did mention that he felt like the bills were still going to go back to the AFC championship game even with a slow start.

he definitely sides with the bills and JA.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Since you asked...Allen played great today. He was in complete command and control. His vision, foot work, accuracy, mechanics, pocket awareness, and leadership was A+. It was a joy to watch. 

Does that suck too? 

No, it doesn’t suck but since I doubt all those things were turned around in 4 days practice, it might be nice to acknowledge that your prior take might have been a bit extreme

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

but that’s the only play there. You let the ball hit the ground and it is a live ball. I am pretty sure it is ST 101 That on short high kicks, the guy closest to it calls a fair catch, even if it means the up guy. 

To me, that was a mental mistake/coaching failure more than a wind issue. 

That is all on the kick returner and the wind.  McKenzie misread the kick from the beginning and was late moving up as the kick died in the wind.

He should not fair catch it.  The ball came down at the 14 yard line.  It was just high and the wind screwed with the ball.

I agree the ball should not hit the ground, but that is not on he coach - that is on the player.  It is a lack of experience with McKenzie on kick returns in general and especially in the windy Buffalo stadium.  Then the unfortunate bounce straight back toward Washington- again that was just football.  

The same thing with the blocked kick - that was on the players not blocking the guy. The special teams players said they were coached for that move and ready for it, but in the moment - no one picked up the inside guy with a free run.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Emmanuel Sanders slowly endearing himself to Bills fans.  Some great catches today.

He is a much better player than John Brown and as of right now better than Davis too. Diggs is getting all the attention so having a consistent #2 that does a little bit of everything is critical.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Made a lot of bad decisions and so-so arm strength. Plucky guy with a lot of compete. You see upside bjt I don't think he's a franchise guy.

Poor man’s Fitz. The difference between him and Allen throwing outside the numbers into the wind was as stark as can be. Arm is barely adequate. Can succeed with rhythm and anticipation, Will sling it and gamble and win some but lose just a little too often at this level.

• Like (+1) 1