Week 3 - Around the League

ColoradoBills

1 minute ago, poblano said:

And who will cover Adams? Moseley just played for the first time in the  season and they don't have enough DBs in shape

You gotta double cover the guy. He’s literally their only weapon. Let someone else beat you if they can.  Mosley just manned him up the drive before (the only time they stopped him one on one) . They went into some weak prevent zone it looked from first glance I didn’t rewind to watch it over. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They went into some weak prevent zone it looked from first glance I didn’t rewind to watch it over. 

They did take deeper drops but that's probably the right call in that situation with GB out of TO's. You've got to keep everything in front of you so one play doesn't beat you. Rodgers just executed as perfectly as you possibly could.

Just now, Simon said:

They did take deeper drops but that's probably the right call in that situation with GB out of TO's. You've got to keep everything in front of you so one play doesn't beat you.

Rodgers just executed as perfectly as you possibly could.

It just seemed like bad strategy to me. If Lazard or Scantling (not sure if he came back after the injury) or Tonyan or someone beats ya that’s understandable. But you gotta double up on the guy whose killed you all night long. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It just seemed like bad strategy to me. If Lazard or Scantling (not sure if he came back after the injury) or Tonyan or someone beats ya that’s understandable. But you gotta double up on the guy whose killed you all night long. 

They had him bracketed from what I could see, but if you start chasing individuals you're going to destroy the integrity of your zones.

I definitely don't fault them on that first completion, but I'd have to see the last completion again before I could offer an opinion worth more than a nickel.

There's just only so much you can do when one of the greatest QB's of all time is executing with that kind of anticipation and precision. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yep.  Just a ridiculous throw by Rodgers.  Warner is an All Pro.  Dropped it in about 3 inches over his hand.  

Not to mention that Adams was on the other side of the far hash when he let that ball go. 😮

7 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

What in the hell are the chargers doing. What was that coaching?! You take it to 3 seconds and kick the field goal. 

Did you (I'm using plural form to all those who criticized Staley) notice what happened on the extra point?  The wind that would have moved the FG to no good made the extra point no good.   I had that game on next to the Bills game and originally replied to one of the anti Staley posts but it appears the entire thread got deleted (It was about Herbert).  Everyone who watched the game and not the last minute completely understood that the correct call was to go for the TD  because you couldn't trust ANY kick in that wind when you had the possibility of scoring a touchdown.     

Anyone who criticized Staley should never complain about conservative coaching decisions again.  Staley showed what he's on the sideline and none of us are.  

PS:  I have to admit my bias- I'm rooting hard for the LAC in every regular season game due to a futures bet I made that they win 11 or more games.  This game meant a lot to me and as I watched it I totally agreed with the decision to go for the TD and make Mahomes go 75 yards in very little time than to try a FG in that wind.

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Did you (I'm using plural form to all those who criticized Staley) notice what happened on the extra point?  The wind that would have moved the FG to no good made the extra point no good.

You realize that FG attempt would have been from nearly 15 yards closer than an XP attempt?

I don't think wind should be a decisive factor when you're snapping from the 1 yrd line.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

You realize that FG attempt would have been from nearly 15 yards closer than an XP attempt?

I don't think wind should be a decisive factor when you're snapping from the 1 yrd line.

Staley repeatedly mentioned the wind in his post game press conference, and the most relevant thing about the decision was when he said that you put the ball in the hands of the best player, that player being Herbert,who he called the best player on the field this Sunday..  When a coach has a franchise QB he's going to trust the franchise over a kicker on a windy day on the road no matter who his kicker is.  

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/awful-dolphins-play-leads-to-first-of-its-kind-nfl-safety-222128155.html

"To be clear, that's a safety on a completed pass without a fumble or an offensive penalty in the end zone. According to Pro Football Reference, that's the first time such a play has occurred in the NFL "

If you’re Waddle, you absolutely need to bat that ball down, or if you didn’t see the DB bearing down until you caught it, drop it on contact for an incomplete pass.

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

If you’re Waddle, you absolutely need to bat that ball down, or if you didn’t see the DB bearing down until you caught it, drop it on contact for an incomplete pass.

That's a savvy play for a rookie in his 3rd game. It maybe that if you're his coach, you may want to specifically instruct a guy whose natural inclination is to catch the ball to be aware of that if you're going to call a screen pass IN THE END ZONE.

Waddle also had 12 catches for 58 yards... wth are they doing with this guy? 

On 9/27/2021 at 1:45 AM, Malazan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/awful-dolphins-play-leads-to-first-of-its-kind-nfl-safety-222128155.html

"To be clear, that's a safety on a completed pass without a fumble or an offensive penalty in the end zone. According to Pro Football Reference, that's the first time such a play has occurred in the NFL "

Brissett: "I got the completion!"

Waddle:  "I got the reception!"

Coach Flores:  "I got a rock!"

image.thumb.jpeg.4a03228ebcc7e19012909db5729dfa8c.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Brissett: "I got the completion!"

Waddle:  "I got the reception!"

Coach Flores:  "I got a rock!"

image.thumb.jpeg.4a03228ebcc7e19012909db5729dfa8c.jpeg

Not mention Waddle gets credit for a -1 yard reception and Brissett get credit for a -1 yard completion.   That works out to a 79.17 QBR for the play.  

Another play rarely if ever before seen in the NFL was this one in Cards game.  Ref's flag hits ball on punt sending it careening away..

Edited by wjag

On 9/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, UKBillFan said:

It was bizarre - either Herbert ignored the playcall or they didn't trust the kicker. Considering the wind, I wouldn't blame them on the latter.

I guess…why not run the ball some to burn the clock.  They had 45 seconds at the snap.

On 9/29/2021 at 3:56 AM, GunnerBill said:

KC will win the division. I remain of the view that the #1 seed will escape them this year.

We HAVE to beat you week 5 to have a shot at that 1 seed..  We do hold the tiebreaker on the browns.  Bills playing super hot right now....may be in the cards that you guys get that one seed.  We'll see.