"Buy stock in A.J. Epenesa" - says Daniel Jeremiah

Estro

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

@Blokestradamus was the driver of the anti-Austin Jackson train in that 2020 draft. Think he had a day 3 grade on him. I'd have taken him day 2, had him as a late 2nd, early 3rd, but he was a reach in the 1st. A big one.

Jackson got destroyed by AJ in whatever bowl game they faced off in. After the draft I realized the dolphins got Jackson and watched that game some more. 

edit video

But i don’t share their thoughts on jackson

Edited by YattaOkasan

The thing that was great about him his whole career in college had been his work ethic and ability to improve, this is just his next progression.  I’ll admit, the jump he’s made this year is really surprising in comparison to the player we saw last year.  He’s actually an impact player out there now.  He’s not quite “there” yet, but he’s a top of the rotation player.  He’s making the choice to let the Vets walk next year really easy.

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

The highlights he put together are worth the watch if you like watching pass rush and our DE’s getting held over and over and over.  Such OBVIOUS holds.  No calls.  Poor Jerry.  

Austin Jackson definitely was our best on Sunday. 

"Other that that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?"

I roflcoptered

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The thing that was great about him his whole career in college had been his work ethic and ability to improve, this is just his next progression.  I’ll admit, the jump he’s made this year is really surprising in comparison to the player we saw last year.  He’s actually an impact player out there now.  He’s not quite “there” yet, but he’s a top of the rotation player.  He’s making the choice to let the Vets walk next year really easy.

Just checked a few of his scouting reports and intelligence was also mentioned twice. Seems those scouts were spot on. Somebody else mentioned it, apologies can’t find, but it seems he also learned a few new things that he’s executing this year. In that case those blue chip comparisons may not be too far off.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, NewEra said:

Same here.  I saw Shaq Lawson upside.  Eager to see him line across from someone who isn’t name Austin Jackson though.  Dude can make any look all pro

He looked mortal today. Not bad, but he didn’t resemble the same player we saw last week.

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He looked mortal today. Not bad, but he didn’t resemble the same player we saw last week.

In all fairness, we didn't have much of a pass rush from anybody today.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

In all fairness, we didn't have much of a pass rush from anybody today.

Why was that?  Did the line just not get any push?  Or was Heineke getting rid of the ball.  I don’t remember seeing many blitzes so my guess is that we dropped the maximum amount of players in coverage and let the DL rush with 4

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Why was that?  Did the line just not get any push?  Or was Heineke getting rid of the ball.  I don’t remember seeing many blitzes so my guess is that we dropped the maximum amount of players in coverage and let the DL rush with 4

We didn’t blitz much from my recollection.  Heineke did a fine job navigating the pocket to avoid the rush.  The skins OL also did a fine job.  I was hoping for more from our front 4.  Sending Milano seems to be a fine way to get some pressure 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Yes, looks like the plan was to rush 4 and drop 7, probably to make it harder for Heineke to find open receivers. In retrospect, it worked pretty well, given the interceptions and generally low output of their offense. If they were able to move the ball much better, I bet we probably would have started to see some blitzes. But the front 4 really wasn't able to get very close to him, which is a little concerning.

41 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Yes, looks like the plan was to rush 4 and drop 7, probably to make it harder for Heineke to find open receivers. In retrospect, it worked pretty well, given the interceptions and generally low output of their offense. If they were able to move the ball much better, I bet we probably would have started to see some blitzes. But the front 4 really wasn't able to get very close to him, which is a little concerning.

Wish I could recall the exact report I saw (saw so many) but it was delineated that because Hienekie (sp?) was so good at getting free and making plays in space, the DEs committed to contain him and make him throw from the pocket.

I think it was Hyde in his postgame presser..🤔

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Too much Vernon Butler. He provides no push up the middle. If Addison don’t win his matchup on the snap, he’s neutralized. Need to see more of the youngsters 

40 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wish I could recall the exact report I saw (saw so many) but it was delineated that because Hienekie (sp?) was so good at getting free and making plays in space, the DEs committed to contain him and make him throw from the pocket.

I think it was Hyde in his postgame presser..🤔

Loved Rousseau's game today that's exactly what the DEs were doing and he was very disciplined and did some good things keeping Hienekie contained at times, when he thought he could get outside the pocket instead he had to be a lot more shifty in the pocket.  Which he was but it led to some bad throws and the INTs

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1