Bandwagon fan takes

It was rough on the game threads today.  Got pretty annoyed at the doom and gloom up 14-0, 21-0, 28-0...today was a set back it seemed.  We stink, our qb stinks, daboll stinks...Higher expectations.  People jumping in the conversation who normally wouldn't, trolls, kids...casual fans.  Bottom line we won 35-0 on the road in division in a very big early season game.  The Superbowl wasn't today.  We will be fine.  If you hate on us on a secomd and eight in the second quarter down 3 pis....bug off.... go Bills.

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I’m no bandwagon fan and it is blatantly clear our offense isn’t clicking to its full potential. Not anywhere close. Especially Josh.

Yeah we scored 35 points. But our offense couldn’t move the ball in the first half outside the first two drives. Josh was missing a lot of throws and opportunities that he made look easy last year.

FWIW, I’ve been a big fan since the Bledsoe days. I was too young to enjoy the glory years.  So my take is coming from someone who certainly is not a bandwagoner . 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

It was rough on the game threads today.  Got pretty annoyed at the doom and gloom up 14-0, 21-0, 28-0...today was a set back it seemed.  We stink, our qb stinks, daboll stinks...Higher expectations.  People jumping in the conversation who normally wouldn't, trolls, kids...casual fans.  Bottom line we won 35-0 on the road in division in a very big early season game.  The Superbowl wasn't today.  We will be fine.  If you hate on us on a secomd and eight in the second quarter down 3 pis....bug of.... go Bills.

and if it were, people would already be setting up lawn chairs on Delaware Avenue!!!

44 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

It was rough on the game threads today.  Got pretty annoyed at the doom and gloom up 14-0, 21-0, 28-0...today was a set back it seemed.  We stink, our qb stinks, daboll stinks...Higher expectations.  People jumping in the conversation who normally wouldn't, trolls, kids...casual fans.  Bottom line we won 35-0 on the road in division in a very big early season game.  The Superbowl wasn't today.  We will be fine.  If you hate on us on a secomd and eight in the second quarter down 3 pis....bug of.... go Bills.

The gameday threads are for instant reaction, you “superfan” if you have such a whiney adverse reaction to them, I’d say take some midol and avoid them altogether.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So this guy becomes a fan in 87 and is probably whining about fans during the regular season matchup against the Bengals in 1988. These other fans are talking about how "the run defense needs to be better" and "Kelly has to protect the ball better." And this guy is berating these fans for being so negative about a team that's 10-2. Then comes the AFC Championship game and these same problems resurface and the Bills lose to the Bengals again, ending their season.

So yeah, it's great to pound Miami into dust. But it takes a little more nuance to understand that sloppy football won't get you where you want to go.

If you just want to be a cheerleader, that's cool. But maybe lay off when other people want to actually talk about what they're seeing.

Edited by MPT
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I saw all this today and I wouldn't call any of them "trolls, kids...casual fans."  We are all just fans. Some people react differently then others.  Big deal.  I've invested 35 years of my life and money into Buffalo Bills football.  I've earned the right to feel however the hell I want whenever I want.  Right, wrong or indifferent.  

But the so-called "real fans" acting like something isn't up with our offense and Josh either have a big jug of kool-aide they're drinking or are just blinded by their fandom.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Your first mistake was reading the game day threads. It’s silly take after silly take after silly take. Always extreme overreactions in there. Too toxic for me. I browse for news like when Edmunds went missing I knew I’d see the reason in there. But I try to avoid it as much as possible. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I’ve been a big fan since the Bledsoe days. I was too young to enjoy the glory years.  So my take is coming from someone who certainly is not a bandwagoner . 

I don't know how the former is an argument that supports the latter. Are you lording the cognitive ability of the young over the rest of us??

Jk, supporting the bills since bledsoe is, sadly, enough misery to have earned some stripes. I was only a kiddo for the 90s run anyway.

37 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Your first mistake was reading the game day threads. It’s silly take after silly take after silly take. Always extreme overreactions in there. Too toxic for me. I browse for news like when Edmunds went missing I knew I’d see the reason in there. But I try to avoid it as much as possible. 

I agree that there are a lot of over-reactions and knee jerks in there but I don't get triggered by them.  I find them entertaining and it may also be a good release for people watching the game alone or what have you.  Either way, I don't really find it a good enough reason to get twisted up about it.

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I’m no bandwagon fan and it is blatantly clear our offense isn’t clicking to its full potential. Not anywhere close. Especially Josh.

Yeah we scored 35 points. But our offense couldn’t move the ball in the first half outside the first two drives. Josh was missing a lot of throws and opportunities that he made look easy last year.

FWIW, I’ve been a big fan since the Bledsoe days. I was too young to enjoy the glory years.  So my take is coming from someone who certainly is not a bandwagoner . 

They have some rust to workout.  It happens.  Perhaps a side effect of the Bills not playing starters in pre-season except for the first half of the last game.  They will come around and be fine.  Actually more than fine.

4 hours ago, MPT said:

So this guy becomes a fan in 87 and is probably whining about fans during the regular season matchup against the Bengals in 1988. These other fans are talking about how "the run defense needs to be better" and "Kelly has to protect the ball better." And this guy is berating these fans for being so negative about a team that's 10-2. Then comes the AFC Championship game and these same problems resurface and the Bills lose to the Bengals again, ending their season.

So yeah, it's great to pound Miami into dust. But it takes a little more nuance to understand that sloppy football won't get you where you want to go.

If you just want to be a cheerleader, that's cool. But maybe lay off when other people want to actually talk about what they're seeing.

I'd argue it takes a little more nuance to understand that other teams also have a lot of these flaws and "sloppy moments" too as have many teams that have won the Super Bowl. Only one out of 32 teams can win the Super Bowl. Sometimes you have to enjoy the wins when they come. 

I'll admit, after 40 years of watching this team, I don't get some people's attitude of being miserable after a 35-0 win. I don't get multiple fans wishing we could cut the defensive captain after two defensive clinics where we allowed the second fewest yards in the NFL b/c he left early with cramps. 

It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Nor do I think that you are any less of a fan. I don't think even the OP was saying all negative fans are not fans or bandwagon fans. He (or she) was just exhausted by trying to enjoy the game and figuring fellow fans would be excited. Negativity can be exhausting. I'll admit that I don't get the negative ("realist") fan mentality, to not be able to enjoy a win. However, that is your right. But what "we're seeing" is just as valuable as "what you're seeing." I saw Epenesa, Rousseau, Singletary, Moss (save one fumble), White, Wallace, Hyde, Poyer, Oliver, Edmunds (when in), Milano, Taron Johnson and others making great plays. I see that there is positive in that the defense is playing elite, and the run game looks better (currently 6th in league), so if Josh Allen gets back to being 2020 Josh Allen (which seems likely), this team could be something special. They might turn out not to be. But I'm definitely going to enjoy a 35-0 win. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2