Calling it now: Devin will be a 1000 yard back this year

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Why the bump? He got 700 and something. 

Giving final total even if the OP was incorrect. Good for them to see out their prediction to the very end right or wrong. Also he ended with 870 rushing yards.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
Rushing yards rushing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

and this year is weird....there are only 7. 1000 yard RBs and some of them barely made it past the 1000 mark.

Player Yards/TD

Taylor. 1811/18

Chubb 1259/8

Mixon.  1205/13

Harris.  1200/7

Cook.   1159/6

Gibson 1037/7

Eliott.   1002/10

Weird to not see familiar faces such as Barkley, Kamara,  Fournette, etc.

Could it possibly be that the Bills didn't want their backs all banged up going into the playoffs?

If Motor had the ball as much all year as he did in the last 4 weeks he probably wouldn't be able to walk let alone run.

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

and this year is weird....there are only 7. 1000 yard RBs and some of them barely made it past the 1000 mark.

Player Yards/TD

Taylor. 1811/18

Chubb 1259/8

Mixon.  1205/13

Harris.  1200/7

Cook.   1159/6

Gibson 1037/7

Eliott.   1002/10

Kamara is a pass catching back, he's never run for 1000 yards. 

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

Player Yards/TD

Taylor. 1811/18

Chubb 1259/8

Mixon.  1205/13

Harris.  1200/7

Cook.   1159/6

Gibson 1037/7

Eliott.   1002/10

Weird to not see familiar faces such as Barkley, Kamara,  Fournette, etc

What is interesting is that of that list, only 3 backs play for playoff teams, and The Steelers barely count.  Not such an important achievement anymore. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Why the bump? He got 800 and something. 

I bumped it cuz it was a year long prediction, and now the season is concluded.  So now it has an answer to it, right or wrong, still need to conclude it.  And I acknowledged it as wrong.  

Don’t just get to take victory laps when you’re right, only fair to bump it and acknowledge when wrong too.  You make a season long prediction, you own it, right or wrong.  
But even though it was short on the yardage total, the substance and rest of my OP ended up being pretty spot on, just came short on the yards because it took Daboll 13 weeks to figure out for himself what i said in week 1.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I bumped it cuz it was a year long prediction, and now the season is concluded.  So now it has an answer to it, right or wrong, still need to conclude it.  And I acknowledged it as wrong.  

Don’t just get to take victory laps when you’re right, only fair to bump it and acknowledge when wrong too.  

But even though it was short on the yardage total, the substance and rest of my OP ended up being pretty spot on, just came short on the yards because it took Daboll 13 weeks to figure out for himself what i said in week 1.

Haha fair enough Alpha. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha fair enough Alpha. 

Haha cheers 🥂 

Also, Devin deserves the recognition too.  He’s been what I said he could be if they just trusted him as the feature.  His last 4 games projected over a full season would be 19 carries a game, almost 1400 yards rushing, and 21 TDs.  

He played a significant role in our 4 game win streak to clinch the division, especially when our pass game was struggling at times.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Devin would of definitely cracked 1K if he hadn’t been handicapped by Daboll all this time.

To be fair,  in the early part of the season both Singletary and Moss just simply ran into a wall.  We were averaging 2 yards per carry with zero yards after contact....Literally !

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Player Yards/TD

Taylor. 1811/18

Chubb 1259/8

Mixon.  1205/13

Harris.  1200/7

Cook.   1159/6

Gibson 1037/7

Eliott.   1002/10

Interesting stat for sure.  The obvious big factor is the rules make it so favorable to pass you have to.  

The other major note is the majority or good running teams are going to a RB by committee.  Elliot barely broke 1k with the extra game, that’s mostly because Pollard took a lot of carries, from such a high paid back it’s nuts.  

Also, I can’t recall a year ever before there have been so many injuries to RBs.  Henry would have had close to 2k, McCaffrey, all of Baltimore got hurt, most of the guys we are familiar with being on the list missed a bunch of games. 

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

To be fair,  in the early part of the season both Singletary and Moss just simply ran into a wall.  We were averaging 2 yards per carry with zero yards after contact....Literally !

Literally no.

Over the first 8 games for some unknown reason gave more snaps and carries to Moss.

Over those 8 games Singletary had only 73 carries!!!  Still he had 355 yards which is 4.86 per carry.

Daboll screwed up all season when it came to the back until the last few weeks when he FINALLY let the more productive back carry the rock and be featured!!

I went over this before and here it is again - of all backs that had at least 150 carries on the season Singletary's 4.6 per was 6th best!!

When you look at the top 10 in rushing yards from scrimmage 4 averaged more yards per carry then Motor.

The 10 averaged 253 carries on the season.  Motor had only 188.   That's 65 fewer!!  If he had just the average of the top 10 he would have had 1164 rushing yards which would have been 5th in the league.   He's 188 carries is only 11 a game over the course of the season.  253 would have meant almost 15 per game (he averaged 19 carries the last 4 games) over the season.  4 more carries a game isn't a lot - especially when Moss wasn't as productive.

Daboll screwed up most of the season - thankfully he figured it out when it mattered most!!!

Edited by FlaFitz1

First 4 games Motor was on pace for 1,000 yards.  Got away from him in the KC game.  Didn't give him more than 7 carries in 7 out of the next 9 games.  We lost 5 of those 9 games and only 1 of the 5 loses did he get more than 7 carries (the tornado vs NE).  I am not going to guarantee Motor is going to run for 1,000 yards or score some mount of TD's but I will say he's the best back we have on this team right now and he should be getting enough carries to keep the defense honest.  Some games we might be playing a great defense that might bottle him up but between his ability to pop off a 20 yard run once or twice a game and the fact that you still have to run enough to keep defenses honest I would say he should be getting at least 10 to 15 carries a game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.