Calling it now: Devin will be a 1000 yard back this year

Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

1,100 yards from scrimmage... Plus only 59 rushing yards from being top 10 in the league, on significantly fewer carries than the RB's ahead of him. 

He has had his best year as a pro, no doubt. All the work last offseason paid off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, T master said:

You only missed it by 170 + yards ! 

I do think if Dabol would have used him more this year he would have had a lot better numbers & been able to get into a groove a lot earlier too .

130... But really, he had games six games where he was only given an average of 5 rushes. (3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7)... He should have been getting Moss's carries all year. 

• Agree 1

i was down on him earlier, but i can admit it wasn't his fault.

bad oline play, not having our oline line up figured out, and bad play calling hurt him much more than his play hurt the team.

im a bit uneasy about how our passing game has been cheeks for 3 weeks, but our run game, blocking, and D have been just killer for a month, so going in the playoffs looking tough.

punt game?  ya, let's just go for it every 4th down.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has had his best year as a pro, no doubt. All the work last offseason paid off.

Yes it did.

I say this at risk of disbelievers attacking me............but he supposedly hit a top speed of 20.2 mph last night.

I know this only on account of the Bills showing it on the scoreboard over and over all night...........it was apparently one of the fastest peak speeds of the day in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes it did.

I say this at risk of disbelievers attacking me............but he supposedly hit a top speed of 20.2 mph last night.

I know this only on account of the Bills showing it on the scoreboard over and over all night...........it was apparently one of the fastest peak speeds of the day in the NFL.

Was he pushed?

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes it did.

I can believe it, he also clocked in at 20.29 mph Week 2 against the Dolphins.  

OP was right, he should have been seeing this type of touches all season, and would have easily hit 1k.  Just glad they are finally figuring out who their best players are, just wondering why it took so long into the season (ie: Motor, Bates, McKenzie).  That will likely detail this conversation, no need to do that.

Motor has been huge during this winning streak

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes it did.

I’m not going to attack you but I’m sceptical regarding the claim that he’s fast. Blocking has improved and maybe that partly accounts for him seeming to hit the holes more quickly. What impresses me the most recently though is his toughness and ability to break tackles and move the pile. Don’t recall him being this physical in the past.  Hes a good back but he still looks to me to lack the extra gear. I think you can see that when at the second level/open field. If he had that he’d be a really good back, maybe a borderline franchise guy.
Not complaining. The Bills look to have found something of a ground game which is a good thing heading into the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.