Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

all that stuff just reeks of this guy's own opinions to basically push the narrative that he doesnt like Tua, and Watson provides nearly automatic Superbowls.

Should Houston consider taking the 1st round picks even though they are guaranteed to be at the end of the draft order every year???

hah

Edited by May Day 10

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I won’t quote the post right above me that is a a load of made up garbage. You don’t suspend a guy for 2 to 4 games for “optics” when it is a sex allegation. He’s either innocent or guilty when it comes to that. it is full of information that has been speculated about since the beginning. Carolina believes if they pay that price they’ll become “Houston East”? That quote alone is BS. Who would even say something like that within acarolina’s organization and how would some Miami guy know that?

There's some "off" stuff:

"According to my guy Flo/Grier believe that Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now but that’s our ceiling with Tua. Also other teams around the league believe Miami is ready to challenge for a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW at every other position. The key words being RIGHT NOW. Flo/Grier and others in the FO believe that adding DW4 is the missing piece to beating Buffalo and KC."

Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now when they prove they're the 3rd best team in the AFC.  The Browns, The Ravens, and the Titans say "Hi!"  The Colts and the Ravens also think they're in the mix.  Unless Flores and Grier are delusional, they have to know that.   At best, they must be hoping that adding a bona fide top QB talent to an otherwise strong roster would help them jump those teams.

"Miami is the only team left at the table and Miami WILL NOT give up 3 1s and 2 2s because we ain’t going to bid against only ourselves. We are willing to give 2 1s 2 2s and 3. However Houston believes these will be low picks bc they think SF is absolutely a playoff team now and in the future and obviously if we add DW4 they believe we are Super Bowl contenders this year. So for Houston they see what Miami wants to give as late 20s 1st rounders."

So, is "we" Miami?  Or is "we" SF?"

Wonder if there's a similar post somewhere on a San Francisco Fans board

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"According to my guy Flo/Grier believe that Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now but that’s our ceiling with Tua. Also other teams around the league believe Miami is ready to challenge for a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW at every other position. The key words being RIGHT NOW. Flo/Grier and others in the FO believe that adding DW4 is the missing piece to beating Buffalo and KC."

Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now when they prove they're the 3rd best team in the AFC.  The Browns, The Ravens, and the Titans say "Hi!"  The Colts and the Ravens also think they're in the mix.  Unless Flores and Grier are delusional, they have to know that.   At best, they must be hoping that adding a bona fide top QB talent to an otherwise strong roster would help them jump those teams.

"Miami is the only team left at the table and Miami WILL NOT give up 3 1s and 2 2s because we ain’t going to bid against only ourselves. We are willing to give 2 1s 2 2s and 3. However Houston believes these will be low picks bc they think SF is absolutely a playoff team now and in the future and obviously if we add DW4 they believe we are Super Bowl contenders this year. So for Houston they see what Miami wants to give as late 20s 1st rounders."

Yeah, I remember reading "SF" and thinking he messed up.  But it's a red flag when it comes to truthiness.  

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We is Miami. Miami owns SF's 1st round pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

CS, I’ll take you at you’re word as you’ve always seemed to be a fair minded guy.  I just don’t know how well informed you’re scout is on the inner workings of Miami and Houston. Everything you wrote may be true.

I don't think CS is claiming this is from a friend who is a scout.  He states that he got it off a Fins message board where it was posted by a relatively new user.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion Miami’s getting DW, but it’s possible.  It’s also not assumed he is innocent and a $ grab.  Who the heck goes to 20+ different massage therapists.  That is highly abnormal for a professional athlete and a regular Joe.  For people that believe in this therapy, they normally lock into 1-2 people.  

I'm sure the NFL would like it to be a money grab and go away, instead of a massive scandal involving one of their marquee players.

I agree with you that for an athlete that wants any professional service (therapeutic, relaxation, sexual) they would normally find a small group of people who know what service they are being asked to provide, agree, and do it very well.  I mean, this just makes sense.  Why would someone who can afford the best take his chances if he's going to get a good massage or a "meh" one instead of find one recommended therapists and stick with 'em, unless the massage itself isn't the point?

I think most top pro athletes are also very aware of avoiding situations where they might be put in a "he said she said" position.  "Always Have a Fall Guy", right?

I don’t get the 4 either.

image.thumb.png.d2df097d9508b633b17018f5c1ebb46c.png

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

I would guess any team thinking of trading for Watson has contacted the league regarding his status for this season

Get it in writing with a guarantee

Seriously, what's the league gonna say? 

At the moment, they obviously don't think the evidence they know about rises to the level of an immediate suspension, but the league is all about optics and with ongoing investigations, that could change tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

We is Miami. Miami owns SF's 1st round pick.

Well that clears That up at least, Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Get it in writing with a guarantee

Seriously, what's the league gonna say? 

At the moment, they obviously don't think the evidence they know about rises to the level of an immediate suspension, but the league is all about optics and with ongoing investigations, that could change tomorrow.

No guarantee, just get an idea what the league is thinking regarding possible suspension. 

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

We have experience with "high end meetings" ourselves.

Also, Miami staff is high as a kite if they think that they are Super Bowl contenders at every position but QB

They weren’t even competitive against the Bills backups in a must win game. They aren’t even close 

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think there is a lot of “recapping” what is pretty well known, but where the narrative falls apart for me is that his friend is a “scout” and worked on trades.

Most scouts spend almost no time in the organization’s headquarters during the summer months and very little time working on trades.  That to me is just a cop out way to make it sound like insider info.

Then to say this is the same scout that told him Fields was going to Chicago - is this a Dolphins scout or a Bears scout.  Where did that info come from - again sounds to me like something you say to try and sound credible - he has given me info before, but is complete BS because a Dolphins scout would have little inside info on the Bears draft - that would be a huge disadvantage to teams if even scouts knew exactly who the teams in a alternate conference were taking.

The final kicker to me is the “info” about Carolina and the quote about becoming Houston of the NFC - why would a Dolphins scout have that kind of info - especially at this time as they are just getting back out to scout college games.  It again seems to me like it is just an added fact to sound plausible - like he has some info because the statement seems consistent with what we would think, but would make no sense for an organization to even be thinking.

Overall this reads like a Incarcerated Bob type post.  I have limited info that has come out and I can piece it together and sound like an insider and if it doesn’t happen - you just say well they must have decided risk was greater than reward - He never said it was 100% or something and you still sound like you knew something.

if is always possible a scout who maintains possible close relationships/friendships(maybe even romantic relationship with one or be supplier of drugs or other vice etc etc......) with higher ups in the NFL org he works for just might be able to get some info.. ? Some wrong some right as org plans change throughout the processes.

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

I have nothing to verify the veracity of this, but from their page this morning comes this by poster MiaFins31 (relatively new to their board) - It's an interesting read, but a 3:03 AM conversation could be full of liquid induced imagination; nonetheless, it's entertaining:

Today at 4:03 AM

Ok so I talked to a good friend about an hour ago that is a scout for a team that was/is involved in the DW4 trade talks.. Take this for what it’s worth...

Miami absolutely wants DW4. Flo and Grier have never been sold on Tua. Stephen Ross made that call when we drafted him. I’ve been told this numerous times. Ross had wanted Tua ever since he threw the pass against Georgia to win the title. That was 100% Ross pulling rank on Flo/Grier. When the boss says you’re going to draft this guy then you do it if you want to keep your job. Ross has started to come around on what Flo/Grier an others in the FO have been telling him and that’s Tua is an average QB. Flo/Grier absolutely don’t believe he can beat Buffalo or KC. According to my guy Flo/Grier believe that Miami is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now but that’s our ceiling with Tua. Also other teams around the league believe Miami is ready to challenge for a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW at every other position. The key words being RIGHT NOW. Flo/Grier and others in the FO believe that adding DW4 is the missing piece to beating Buffalo and KC.

They want DW4 bad but here’s the hold up. Houston doesn’t want to budge off the 3 1s and 2 2s. However DW4 has informed Houston he will sign off on a trade to Miami or Carolina. That report is 100% true but Carolina isn’t willing to pay the price bc they believe if they pay it they become Houston East. A team with an elite QB and nothing else around him and no future to add with no premium picks. Miami is the only team left at the table and Miami WILL NOT give up 3 1s and 2 2s because we ain’t going to bid against only ourselves. We are willing to give 2 1s 2 2s and 3. However Houston believes these will be low picks bc they think SF is absolutely a playoff team now and in the future and obviously if we add DW4 they believe we are Super Bowl contenders this year. So for Houston they see what Miami wants to give as late 20s 1st rounders. However the belief is Houston will eventually budge in the coming days because they have no other options.

I was also told everybody in the league knows Houston screwed up horribly by not trading him when he first wanted out back in the spring. 5 teams would have been willing to pay what Houston wanted but they truly believed they could talk DW4 into staying with a fresh start but obviously that was never the case. They thought DW4 was bluffing about sitting out but as they’ve seen he wasn’t.

Now for the biggest piece of the puzzle.. the sexual allegations. The BELIEF around the league is that DW4 is innocent of everything except being stupid by putting himself in this situation. The NFL investigators BELIEVE this is nothing more than a money grab by ALL these women as they’ve talked to the ones that were willing to talk and the stories just made no sense. This is an exact quote... “Everybody around the league knows this is just a money grab... Why do you think he hasn’t been suspended or even put on the exempt list? All this bad PR an people really believe that the NFL is still gathering facts lol... DW4 wants to clear his name but most around the league are guessing he’ll end up writing a check and that’ll settle everything.”

Miami has also been clear that if/when this trade happens anything we give to Houston will absolutely have protections on it JUST IN CASE something unforseen were to happen. Houston has told Miami they would be ok with this. Again the hold up is the compensation itself.

I asked him what do you believe will happen. This is another exact quote... “Barring a breakdown at the last minute DeShaun Watson will be the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins at some point this season. Miami is expecting a 2-4 game suspension for DW4 from the NFL just for “optics” so Tua would be the insurance to get them through those few games until DW4 returns.”

Last I asked what is Tuas fate in all this.. “If this trade works out the way Miami wants Tua will be traded in the offseason”.

I asked what is Tuas value around the league.. “If Tua did have to step in for DW4 for 2-4 games an he plays well Miami could MAYBE get a late 1st in return but as of today his value is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Everybody has seen the tapes on him and they know he lacks real arm strength and the “IT” factor... It’s no secret that Miami doesn’t believe in him so that hurts his value somewhat”

Everybody please take this for what it’s worth. Don’t get upset at me if it’s wrong or off base somewhat or whatever. This is what I was told by a guy I’ve known since we were kids and the guy is a 8 year scout in the league. For the record he was right on the money at draft time about Waddle and he also told me 2 weeks before the draft Justin Fields would land in Chicago. He’s been right much more often than he is wrong. Once again this is the NFL and things can happen in a split second that change everything. However I have no reason to doubt my guy.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

I’m admittedly old fashioned, but we spend too much time and effort coddling these “messengers” in the modern era.  

I’m not advocating violence but a high velocity paint ball to the baby maker might make some of these people think twice before posting rumor and innuendo. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is Miami even the third best team in the afce?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I find the comment 3rd best team in the AFC to be laughable.  

With Tua - they are in a group of 5-6 teams competing for spots 6-12 or so.  You have KC, Buffalo, Cleveland in tier 1 - Baltimore, Tennessee in tier 2 - then you get Pittsburgh, Miami, Indy, SD, & NE in the next tier.

With Watson they maybe move up tier, but I am not convinced.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I find the comment 3rd best team in the AFC to be laughable.  

With Tua - they are in a group of 5-6 teams competing for spots 6-12 or so.  You have KC, Buffalo, Cleveland in tier 1 - Baltimore, Tennessee in tier 2 - then you get Pittsburgh, Miami, Indy, SD, & NE in the next tier.

With Watson they maybe move up tier, but I am not convinced.

They're the 3rd best team in the division.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

The Phins are so overrated. Flores too , is highly over blown. They simply have no clue what they're doing, and the bottom falls out this year. 

They got 10 wins last year with a rookie QB playing poorly and Fitz typically good week/bad week type of play.

And when you look at their roster from top to bottom it's hard to argue they are at worse equal to the Bills minus QB.

I will agree that Flores seems to be playing with fire with not only how he handled the QB position last year, but how he's all but publicly admit Tua isn't the answer with all this Watson speculation especially if they are willing to give anything close to what Houston is apparently asking for in a trade.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3