Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No one is more overrated than Flores. He has mismanaged the QB room to the likes of the other Billy Boy protege, Bill O’Brien 

I’m starting to agree with this take…

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No one is more overrated than Flores. He has mismanaged the QB room to the likes of the other Billy Boy protege, Bill O’Brien 

How did he mismange the QB room? Will it matter if Tua is good this year?

• Eyeroll 1

57 minutes ago, boater said:

Either:

1. Miami trades and savages their next few drafts for an average QB with heavy baggage;

or

2. Miami fails to make the trade and is stuck with average Tua.

It's a win win no matter what happens.

Average QB? Don't go that homer. Nobody should want him in the division. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

58 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Not to mention Miami had everything to play for against mostly our backups in that last game and they got their arses whooped. Way to get your team ready.

Edited by NobesBLO13

19 minutes ago, zevo said:

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Sooooo...Miami either just gave up the farm for a guy who might be going to jail, or nothing happened.  Well, nothing happened except Tua just had a solid camp and pre-season but his coaches couldn't care less.  I hate the Watson move (assuming he actually goes to Miami and plays), but I couldn't be happier about how Miami is mismanaging their players.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

So they would be trading away three first rounders and two second rounders a year after using the fifth overall pick on a quarterback?  LOL!

They only have one 1st next year… so they wouldn’t have a 1st then until 2024 

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Per my sources Will Parkinson still pees the bed.

Hold up, he went to Cortland! Like as in SUNY?

33 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Sooooo...Miami either just gave up the farm for a guy who might be going to jail, or nothing happened.  Well, nothing happened except Tua just had a solid camp and pre-season but his coaches couldn't care less.  I hate the Watson move (assuming he actually goes to Miami and plays), but I couldn't be happier about how Miami is mismanaging their players.

I keep reading on Twitter that the trade was finalized and would be announced either tomorrow or on Monday

If this trade goes down, it could end up making the Dolphins franchise the biggest laughing stock in the history of all of football. Flores trying so hard to be BB lite that he's willing to trade the farm for a guy who could be standing up in front of a judge awaiting sentencing before his first year. This isn't to say I think Tua is anything special, guy has a good outing against a team who for all I know wouldn't have done any better with their first string defense in the Falcons and gets crazy hyped. That being said tho, I believe Flores knows what he has now isn't good enough to remotely keep up with the Bills

Not really worried about this at all.  Who released the speculation - it was not a normal insider - it was some more random guy.  That suggests to me that 1 team wants this info out there and I doubt it is Miami - as they have to be getting ready to play with Tua for the year.

Miami to me least wants info like this out in the news - they are trying to improve and have a fragile QB ego already - They only want this info at the moment the trade is complete.  Anything earlier - like this - only weakens the teams trust in leadership and gives people in Miami time to organize against the move.

The real benefit to this article is Houston (most likely source of the “leak”) - my guess is some teams - like Philly and maybe Carolina have reached out again with weak offers - something like their starter (Hurts or Darnold) and a 1st for Watson and they are trying to rebuild the momentum they had for multiple 1st round picks.  

The leak also gives the league a chance to step in - as I truly believe the league recognizes that Watson will not play in Houston and Houston is not trading him - therefore he is sitting out right now without being a league issue.  The league has said they won’t suspend him yet, but if Watson is traded to a team that will play him - my guess is the uproar will cause the NFL to exempt him and I think the leak was hoping to get some info out.

I think a lesser trade goes through - Philly would not surprise me - for a pick and a young QB and maybe another player and then Watson gets exempted before he plays - if the league even allows the trade - and then gets suspended and it is 2023-2024 before the guy is back if he ever gets back and doesn’t end up in jail like he seems to belong.

16 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Wow. Giving up on a first round QB quickly. The league is changing in that regard. 

You’re TD, but AZ did it with Rosen.  We’ll see as I would think teams would slow down once the FBI entered the story.  They usually don’t investigate unless they know they can get a conviction.  Two unnamed GM’s told Pat Kirwan (that’s what he’s saying, but he’s pretty credible) they would engage in a trade even if they knew he would be suspended for the 2021 season.

Whats interesting to me is the hearing isn’t until February, so does the league put him on the exempt list as he is a distraction, and already is refusing to play.  That might be Goodell’s smart move (I know it’s a disciplinary committee, but he has influence) as he doesn’t want distractions as we enter the season.  They are trying to recuperate 2020 revenue.

I don’t think any of us want the Fins to get him as if he was allowed to play, accepted a trade there, and not suspended would make the East very different.  I’m not concerned at all with Cam, Mac, Z. Wilson, or Tua.  Miami has a solid team, and with a Watson on their team, I’m not assuming 2 wins against them as I am now.