Call your shot … who will get the #1 seed in the AFC?

YoloinOhio

#1 seed in AFC   

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be?

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

For what it's worth, why don't you think they wouldn't run through a wall for McDermott?  On the field, I have complete confidence in this team's commitment and football culture. 

Performance on the field is not the issue.  It's every player making the commitment to ensure he's available to practice and play, so he doesn't let his teammates down.

The biggest edges the Bills have over the Chiefs this year is the Chiefs' very tough schedule, and the likelihood that the officials have rediscovered the need to call defensive holding on the Chiefs when they commit fouls on our WRs (as the officials did in the SB, and not surprisingly the Chiefs lost that game).

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Be objective … 

Like 17-0 objective? ;) 

Ok 15-2 and the AFC  :)

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one likes the Browns? They could make hay on that #1 seed week 1. 

Sure they probably beat KC but being the Browns they lose both games to the Bengals ;) 

5 hours ago, The Dean said:

What the hell?  Good schedule. I went with the Bills. 

Dean/YOLO, I Want to say Buffalo. They ARE on the precipice! 

I can’t. The lone Top Seed is more coveted in this era of equality than Ever before. Not that I think KC or Any other AFC team is better, it’s just too much BBFS. I’ve carried this albatross since 1967 and its doomed me every single year hence. Decades of football predictions, pools and $$ down the drain in addition to now hundreds of friends & family who only knew of the AFL Titles as our crowning achievements. I’ve finally come to the understanding it’s just not in the cards and I’ll most likely join them ‘down under’ never having witnessed an NFL title.

So, screw it; the Jets!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dean/YOLO, I Want to say Buffalo. They ARE on the precipice! 

I can’t. The lone Top Seed is more coveted in this era of equality than Ever before. Not that I think KC or Any other AFC team is better, it’s just too much BBFS. I’ve carried this albatross since 1967 and its doomed me every single year hence. Decades of football predictions, pools and $$ down the drain in addition to now hundreds of friends & family who only knew of the AFL Titles as our crowning achievements. I’ve finally come to the understanding it’s just not in the cards and I’ll most likely join them ‘down under’ never having witnessed an NFL title.

So, screw it; the Jets!

Ease up Chandler....we can have nice things and Championships ;)

I expect better D-line play, and better run blocking, which will tip the scales to give us the #1 seed.  Just actually COVER KELCE and we can take the championship.

I will hold my vote however until I see how the starters look today.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I know.  I said that Mahomes picked them apart in the playoff game before he got hurt.  The Browns also didn't have Garrett or Clowney to pressure Mahomes so maybe they can contain him better somewhat.

I think the Browns style of offense is ideal as they have the balance to sustain long clock eating drives (keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible) as long as they finish them with TD's.  That means going and converting it on fourth down instead of settling for the field goal.  They were 4th in red zone offense last year relying heavily on Chubb and Hunt.  Attack the middle of the Chiefs defense with Hooper and Landry using OBJ (also didn't play) to open up space.    Last year playoffs the Browns killed themselves in the first half with penalties stalling their drives having to deal with 2nd or 3rd and 15 plus yards.  Also, don't fumble the damn ball reaching for the pylon for a touchdown.

2 things, first I had original picked the Browns, but then realized…dang that will be a tough division so I picked KC.

Sexond, for those of you that picked other, I need to know who you had in mind.  Not judging, just curious.  I’ll reserve the judgment for later. 😁

Raiders?

Miami?!

San Diego?

I went with the Browns (sorry), but only because I think it comes down to Tiebreakers. 

Bills: 

13-4 W/L

4-2 Division 

10-2 Conference 

Browns:

13-4 W/L

4-2 Division 

10-2 Conference 

Same W/L records 

Same  Division records 

Same Conference records 

Common opponents both beat KC and both beat Texans. No other common opponents and not sure how Steelers or Pat's would work here being in division and I have us splitting with the Pat's and the Browns splitting with the Steelers...🤔. Maybe someone could help me with this one?

Don't play head to Head - Wash

Division records - Wash

Conference records- Wash

SOV - ? TBD...

SOS - Browns .518 -Bills .478

Browns 1 seed 

Bills 2 seed

I have Chiefs going 12-5, losses to Browns, Ravens, Bills, WFT and an upset loss to the Chargers week 15 after they win 7 straight and get too cocky.😉

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

Besides KC , Cle scares me. 

With that D and running game and if Baker can take a step with a healthy OBJ, they're going to be a handful in January 

I think NE is also a sleeper to have a bounce back year, that D will be worlds better and if they can get a solid run game going,  they'll be a tough outing too.

But as far as 1 seed , KC or Buf then Cle,Ten.

Pit/Bal don't scare me much. In 2 outings vs Lamar, McD had a phenomenal gameplan on D. Our defense with our fast LBs and athletic DL is just a bad matchup for them.

Edited by JerseyBills

Kansas City.  In the two games between the teams last year, KC was better in all 3 phases.  I don't see how you can now say the Bills are suddenly the better team when the last time Buffalo laced them up they got slapped around and claim objectivity. 

The Bills swept 3 teams last year.  Not one poster here would predict any of those teams to suddenly be better than Buffalo.  The Bills are absolutely title contenders, but trying to pretend that the Bills are better than the Chiefs because of what happened during the Superbowl is silly.