Sports Illustrated Predicts Every Game

SI has an article predicting every regular season game and team W/L record. They have the Bills at 12-5 (a bit low IMHO, but OK) with losses to (and here's where it gets funny):

KC, Miami, Jets ad swept by New England

Hey, the Bills could go 12-5 and I can see losing a letdown game to a team you should kill, but not 4 of them to weaker AFC East opponents. Baring major injuries/covid there's just no way that happens.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/26/predicting-every-game-2021-nfl-season

Edited by The Avenger
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

SI has an article predicting every regular season game and team W/L record. They have the Bills at 12-5 9a bit low IMHO, but OK) with losses to (and here's where it gets funny):

Hey, the Bills could go 12-5 and I can see losing a letdown game to a team you should kill, but not 4 of them to weaker AFC East opponents. Baring major injuries/covid there's just no way that happens.

NE sure gets a ton of credit with BB in charge. We blew their doors off last year and this year, we will get swept?? Dumb.

4 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Giants winning NFC Eastdivision also seems off.

Yeah, that is nuts unless Jones and Barkley have absurd seasons. I think Washington is the clear favorite because the Cowboys always blow it and Fitz + that defense with Riverboat Ron in charge, will play well.

• Agree 1

SI has barely been about actual sports in a long long time.  Keep that in mind when they briefly revisit sports.  This article was probably some summer intern's capstone project with someone else's name on it

• Agree 2

2-4 in the AFCE, but still WIN the AFCE? Idiots. We may lose 5 games, but 4 of them won't be in our division. The toss-ups in my mind are as follows:

Week 1 vs Pittsburgh - That first game is usually a mixed bag. Just hope we come out on top. 

Week 3 vs Washington - That WFT defense is legit. I want a W, but more so that Josh makes it out 100% healthy. 

Week 5 @ KC - They are the bullies that constantly steal our lunch money at this point. We need to get over this hump.

Week 6 @ Tennessee - Something about them with Tannehill at the helm has been an enigma. 

***Can you imagine the sports media and the implosion on this board if we started out 2-4 heading into the Bye Week?***

Week 16 @ NE - This game is where we may lose our 1st divisional game imo. 

Honestly I think we end up 13-4 or 14-3 barring injury to key players. 

30 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

SI has an article predicting every regular season game and team W/L record. They have the Bills at 12-5 9a bit low IMHO, but OK) with losses to (and here's where it gets funny):

When was the last time a team went 2-4 in their division and won 12 games...?

Something doesn't add up.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

I saw this earlier, and why I don't necessarily disagree with the final record per se...it's hard to imagine going 2-4 in division play after being so dominant last season.

I will say this about the NE sweep prediction, don't be shocked if that does happen because again contrary to popular belief Belichik is still the best coach in the league and will find a way to be in the playoff/division title picture this year regardless of their current QB situation. Even with marginally better QB play than last year they will win at least 10 games, if they somehow get above average to great QB play they are probably a 13 win team and SB favorite.

• Disagree 2

While I dont think they will sweep us, the Patriots will be better than last year. Some big time players opted out last year and will be back.

Let's be real, we barely got out of that first game, and if it wasnt for a fluke fumble, could have easily let that one get away. I can see us splitting with them.

But 2-4 in the division is ridiculous. More like 4-2 at worst.

• Agree 3