Sports Illustrated Predicts Every Game

5 hours ago, The Avenger said:

SI has an article predicting every regular season game and team W/L record. They have the Bills at 12-5 (a bit low IMHO, but OK) with losses to (and here's where it gets funny):

KC, Miami, Jets ad swept by New England

Hey, the Bills could go 12-5 and I can see losing a letdown game to a team you should kill, but not 4 of them to weaker AFC East opponents. Baring major injuries/covid there's just no way that happens.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/26/predicting-every-game-2021-nfl-season

I'll be the first one to admire t NE's roster is loaded, but we have Josh Allen, not them, and our roster is pretty damn good too. NE will come in second to us but so what? We're coming in first and we are going to sweep the East again. Watch.

Go Bills!

(as long as covid doesn't destroy us.....)

sigh....

:... (

11 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

They have NE going 11-6.  I just don't see that jump for them yet based on the roster.  And I also don't see us swept by them.  I'm not sitting here thinking we're now going 6-0 in the division every year, but I don't think we get swept by anyone in the division.

I don't see it either.  They got better but I wouldn't call them "good".  Maybe an 8 or 9 win team.

12 hours ago, The Avenger said:

SI has an article predicting every regular season game and team W/L record. They have the Bills at 12-5 (a bit low IMHO, but OK) with losses to (and here's where it gets funny):

Hey, the Bills could go 12-5 and I can see losing a letdown game to a team you should kill, but not 4 of them to weaker AFC East opponents. Baring major injuries/covid there's just no way that happens.

not a bad record but very odd predictions on the losses. I suppose some media guys are still blinded into thinking about some sort of Belichick genius, even though I thought Tom Brady burned that mystique to ashes last year. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

This SI dude was on WGR at 8 am this morning, and he acknowledged he was flamed for the 7-9 prediction last year.  He’s a nobody in my eyes.

It's not about last year's prediction though (seriously - with the strides Josh made I think a lot of folks were undercounting the Bills) - I just don't know how you have the Bills losing that many games to weaker opponents in the division and still winning the division - it does not make sense (queue the Chewbacca Defense...)

Edited by The Avenger

On 8/26/2021 at 1:54 PM, The Avenger said:

SI had to go digital because no one would buy their crap anymore stuff like this is why 

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This SI dude was on WGR at 8 am this morning, and he acknowledged he was flamed for the 7-9 prediction last year.  He’s a nobody in my eyes.

He’s also a Pats homer he’d carry the Hoodies gold clubs for free if he could