Trubisky trade value?

Chaos

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can we pump the brakes with this kid? He was just a free agent and nobody wanted him

That might be a little harsh. Understand that many teams have established starters at the QB position and others have developing prospects like Tua, Herbert and Burrow and Hurts. Bringing in an established vet could quickly mess with the mind set of a young QB trying to solidify a QB1 spot and set back their development. Look what happened with Tua and Fitz. Fitz in the wings had Tua looking over his shoulder. You really think Trubisky couldn't start for the Jets, Miami, WFT, Phi or Carolina? Shoot, you don't think he can start for Chicago? 😅Tough spot for him to be in.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Yep.

The point of the thread is not to advocate trading Trubisky.  Reading comprehension is an important skill.  Its a hypothetical question.  I am certain that Beane has already thought of his response if he is asked.   I doubt seriously his response would be "Holy *****, didn't think of that, during free agency no one wanted him."  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

That might be a little harsh. Understand that many teams have established starters at the QB position and others have developing prospects like Tua, Herbert and Burrow and Hurts. Bringing in an established vet could quickly mess with the mind set of a young QB trying to solidify a QB1 spot and set back their development. Look what happened with Tua and Fitz. Fitz in the wings had Tua looking over his shoulder. You really think Trubisky couldn't start for the Jets, Miami, WFT, Phi or Carolina? Tough spot for him to be in.

It’s not harsh, it’s reality. And if signing a guy like Trubisky messes with the mind set and development of the young QB you drafted then that player was never going to ever be good if he’s that mentally weak. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think the key is that our offense is light years ahead of Chicago's offense that he has played with the last few seasons. From o-line pass protection to receiving threats. That's not to mention as well Daboll is probably a much better x's and o's play caller. 

While true, preseason defenses are usually very vanilla.  Trubisky has started enough games that he can handle what he’s seen so far.  Those quick slants and crosses aren’t going to be there all game against most NFL defenses.  It will very much be a different situation. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

What's wrong with having a good backup 

For whatever reason, people rave about our depth one minute and then want to trade them the next. It’s bizarre 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Trubisky is clearly the best BU QB options the Bills will have for 2021. Trubisky will likely be gone to be a starter after this season.  If someone offered a second (price for Garapollo paid by the 49ers), would the long term benefit of the second be worth trading? 

No one is offering a second. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

Hope he can stay here long term, Frank Reich II

Would be nice...unfortunately, I don’t think there are 32 QBs better than him...at the very least, I could see some team hiring him to be a bridge QB...I can see him being another Fitz or Tyrod type QB, in their prime...

53 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The point of the thread is not to advocate trading Trubisky.  Reading comprehension is an important skill.  Its a hypothetical question.  I am certain that Beane has already thought of his response if he is asked.   I doubt seriously his response would be "Holy *****, didn't think of that, during free agency no one wanted him."  

Reading comprehension? Give me a freaking break. Your intention is exactly what I anticipated yesterday. As you said in response to another poster, you don't like my take, carry on.

You want to start a legitimate trade value thread, let's talk about one of our many WR's that are looking good possibly bringing back a low end pick.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

That might be a little harsh. Understand that many teams have established starters at the QB position and others have developing prospects like Tua, Herbert and Burrow and Hurts. Bringing in an established vet could quickly mess with the mind set of a young QB trying to solidify a QB1 spot and set back their development. Look what happened with Tua and Fitz. Fitz in the wings had Tua looking over his shoulder. You really think Trubisky couldn't start for the Jets, Miami, WFT, Phi or Carolina? Shoot, you don't think he can start for Chicago? 😅Tough spot for him to be in.

Every one of those teams would be looking to upgrade at qb if he were starter. We did 20 years of cycling through those guys and suddenly folks think they are getting a second rounder in august/September for a low tier starter/good backup that won’t know the playbook? 

5 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

What's wrong with having a good backup 

Exactly.

Unfortunately, for some, the college draft is what football is all about. Next year and the years after. 

This team is about the here and now. The goal is to win a Lombardi.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Every one of those teams would be looking to upgrade at qb if he were starter. We did 20 years of cycling through those guys and suddenly folks think they are getting a second rounder in august/September for a low tier starter/good backup that won’t know the playbook? 

Prior to Allen, we did not have an above .500 QB that led us to the playoffs multiple times, as Trubisky did for the Bears.  Lumping him in with the JAGs we had at QB the last 20 is unfair to him.  Trubisky is way better than people give him credit for.  Chicago screwed up badly, and the Bills have taken full advantage.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

Yesterday showed Tru can run the pitch-and-catch offense against vanilla D.  If everything goes according to plan, Daboll will shop himself as a HC and bring Tru with him to some lowly franchise looking to make a change at both head coach and QB.  In the meantime the Bills surely aren’t trading him.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1