Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury **Update - Out for the season

Virgil

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Oh god don’t awaken him lol… My eyes can’t handle trying to read one of his paragraphs today. 

What’s not to love about it?  It’s a funny schtick and he usually plays it right imo.

come back @Jimmy Spagnola!!  

What are your early thoughts on Wilson?  I think that he’ll sign an extension if the saleh and Douglas can do a similar job as McB has. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

There’s no Tom Brady exception to this? I mean… nothing life-long but just enough to finally put an end his football career and relieve America from having to see his mug everywhere.

UConn, I’m no fan,but I grew up in Buff. And lived second half of my life in Tampa.  It was awful I felt

compelled to root for him as my second favorite team, but a distant second as far as rooting. Believe me I’ll be in my Fredex or Kelly Jersey at the game in December with my sons.  

Think of it this way, Brady just reinforces it was him not Chancellor Palpatine (BB) that caused those two decades of nightmares for us.

At the end of the day, Brady is still a husband, dad and I don’t remember him slamming the Bills.  He just kept beating us. I’d much rather have him healthy, beating him in December, and ultimately beating him and the Bucs in February.  An injury is an excuse that if he was in the game, yadayada.  I’d rather have JA17 beat him twice and the Pats suffer in misery again got a second straight year with an 8-9 record.

Now that is a dish better served

cold.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They should just stop with signing high priced free agents. It’s like a curse. Mosley, Bell, lawson, Perriman, Desir, Kalil.. 

Some of those signings looked great. But nothing seems to work for them. They might as well keep their money and extend players they have. 

Trumaine Johnson was also stellar signing.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They should just stop with signing high priced free agents. It’s like a curse. Mosley, Bell, lawson, Perriman, Desir, Kalil.. 

Some of those signings looked great. But nothing seems to work for them. They might as well keep their money and extend players they have. 

The bolded is the key point. The only proven good players the Jets have drafted in recent memory are Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye and (signed as an UDFA rather than a draft pick) Robby Anderson. Adams was traded away rather than extended, Maye has been tagged rather than extended and they let Anderson walk. 

Memo to the New York Jets - you are supposed to KEEP the good ones. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The bolded is the key point. The only proven good players the Jets have drafted in recent memory are Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye and (signed as an UDFA rather than a draft pick) Robby Anderson. Adams was traded away rather than extended, Maye has been tagged rather than extended and they let Anderson walk. 

It’s insane to me that buffalo and the Jets were at the exact same rebuild status. Gutted rosters. Tons of cap. Top 10 picks (after trades) and to see the difference in team building since then is a real testament to Beane. 

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s insane to me that buffalo and the Jets were at the exact same rebuild status. Gutted rosters. Tons of cap. Top 10 picks (after trades) and to see the difference in team building since then is a real testament to Beane. 

I think even as close as two years ago going into 2019 the teams were at similar points. But the Bills are not only better built in terms of roster construction they are better coached and I don't just mean gameday decisions or Xs and Os I mean culture built and a standard set. The Adam Gase decision, coupled with then firing the GM who hired him before Gase coached a game, was just utterly baffling. But as we saw here many times over the years - dysfunctional organisations just can't get out of their own way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yo are forgetting Leonard Williams, who always looked great to me when he played against the Bills. The Jets trade him for a song, and he ends up being one of the better DTs in the league last season (11.5 sacks, 30 qb hits from the DT spot). Jets gonna jet. I know it’s PFF, but they have them in their top 100 players of the league list for this season.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Yo are forgetting Leonard Williams, who always looked great to me when he played against the Bills. The Jets trade him for a song, and he ends up being one of the better DTs in the league last season (11.5 sacks, 30 qb hits from the DT spot). Jets gonna jet. I know it’s PFF, but they have them in their top 100 players of the league list for this season.

Yep. Good call. For a team who has struggled to find good players in the draft for years to have failed to retain long term four of the best they have found in a decade is absolutely bonkers. 

• Agree 1

I've been following the other division fan forums fairly regularly this Summer. The Jets fans are despondent over Lawson's injury. The three most talked about players on Jet Nation were Wilson, Moore (now injured), and Lawson. Dolphins fans don't seem to be talking about it at all-- but they're really not talking too much about other teams anyway. Patriots* fans are writing LOL posts about it. God, I'm glad I'm not a Pats* fan...

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've been following the other division fan forums fairly regularly this Summer. The Jets fans are despondent over Lawson's injury. The three most talked about players on Jet Nation were Wilson, Moore (now injured), and Lawson. Dolphins fans don't seem to be talking about it at all-- but they're really not talking too much about other teams anyway. Patriots* fans are writing LOL posts about it. God, I'm glad I'm not a Pats* fan...

I think he will be good to go for the regular season.

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't ever wish for injuries. But I never say "I want to beat them at their best"

I want to beat them. I want them to be bad for a long time.

No one went out and handed us the AFC Championship because Beasley and Diggs were hurt.

Cant agree more, what an asinine vacuous comment.  An extension of that thought is I dont want to beat the Pats without Brady or I want to  beat them when they are are 100%.  MISPLACED MACHSIMO IMO.   

So if the Bills won the Super Bowl over a team with injuries it would be unfulfilling to many, LOL.  Did this years Bucs fans claim, we arent happy by winning the Super Bowl because the Chiefs were not at 100% due to injuries on their O Line.  Non-sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think he will be good to go for the regular season.

Cant agree more, what an asinine vacuous comment.  An extension of that thought is I dont want to beat the Pats without Brady or I want to  beat them when they are are 100%.  MISPLACED MACHSIMO IMO.   

So if the Bills won the Super Bowl over a team with injuries it would be unfulfilling to many, LOL.  Did this years Bucs fans claim, we arent happy by winning the Super Bowl because the Chiefs were not at 100% due to injuries on their O Line.  Non-sense. 

I had a friend ask me last year, right after the Chiefs vs Browns game "Would it really count as a win if Mahomes didn't play?" (He was a salty Ravens fan)

And yeah, absolutely yes I would have taken it. We could have beaten the Bucs had we made it there and no one here would be complaining if that was he case.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I had a friend ask me last year, right after the Chiefs vs Browns game "Would it really count as a win if Mahomes didn't play?" (He was a salty Ravens fan)

And yeah, absolutely yes I would have taken it. We could have beaten the Bucs had we made it there and no one here would be complaining if that was he case.

You beat who is in front of you. Simple as that. Anything else is simply irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll be that guy.  Would it be wise for Beane to trade Addison to the Jets?

Saves $5.4M in cap (that's what it would cost the Jets) if traded.

Jets have an extra 5th and 6th next year and also have 2 other DEs currently on the PUP list.

Pretty damned insulting to Addison to trade him to a division opponent! Of course, it is just business, and all... but, dang... it would be cold...

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll be that guy.  Would it be wise for Beane to trade Addison to the Jets?

Saves $5.4M in cap (that's what it would cost the Jets) if traded.

Jets have an extra 5th and 6th next year and also have 2 other DEs currently on the PUP list.

I don’t see why they’d want him. It’s the Jets, but they are better off bringing in any number of young guys and developing them. Saleh did wonders with replacement players in San Fran. 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tangential, yes I hate seeing this on any team, but generally am I alone in hoping the Jets (and Pats for that matter) for the near future live in the 7-9, 8-8 zone?

I much prefer them picking 8-16 rather than in the top 5.

With an extra playoff team, 9-8 and 8-9 are going to make the playoffs semi-regularly (last year the Bears made the playoffs with an 8-8 record, for example). I was against expanding the playoffs exactly for the reason of non-winning teams getting into the playoffs more often.

So we want the divisional opponents to get 7 wins every season. I doubt a 7 win team will get in, unless it's in a really bad division.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tangential, yes I hate seeing this on any team, but generally am I alone in hoping the Jets (and Pats for that matter) for the near future live in the 7-9, 8-8 zone?

I much prefer them picking 8-16 rather than in the top 5.

without a established QB...those teams will usually finish around 8-8.....we did that for 17 seasons.

• Like (+1) 1