Mahomes is bringing whataburger to KC do you think Allen would be willing to bring In and Out Burger to Buffalo

Batman1876

This is Mahomes investing in things to set him up for retirement. He also owns minority shares in the Royals and both the women's and men's soccer teams in KC. Smart players look at guys like Magic Johnson who is making more money in business ventures than he did as a player as the model to follow. Payton Manning also owns a whole bunch of Papa John's franchises and a stake in an Anheuser-Busch distributor in Louisiana.  

On 8/12/2021 at 11:07 AM, wjag said:

feel the same way about Tim Hortons.  You WNYers are gaga about it.  I don't get it..  It's one step up from Your Host (or what we used to call Your Hole) for you old timers on here.  My family gave me gift cards to Tim Hoes.  Said thank you very much..   I regifted them... 🙂 

Supporting the theory that WNYers are closet Canadians. I can't go 5 minutes without seeing a Tim Hortons, what about their non-doughnut doughnuts, canned soup, boring sandwiches or mediocre coffee is appealing to New Yorkers? At least in Canada it's a cultural thing.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Josh should just buy Mighty Taco. :thumbsup:

And send it down to Tampa.  I’d have to increase my workouts by another 5hrs a week to what I already do.  I have to admit, my name is Dan and I’m a Mighty aholic.  HEELLO DAN! (My real name). Don’t tell anyone. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Insert Coach McD clapping.

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I don't think it exists (In and Out in PA).  The map below is from the In and Out website.  Nothing east of Texas.

image.thumb.png.770f1917d1de9ebff1d41d61a3918cb4.png

Texas is as far East as they go. I think their meat comes from Colorado so they are sourced around that state. 

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

And send it down to Tampa.  I’d have to increase my workouts by another 5hrs a week to what I already do.  I have to admit, my name is Dan and I’m a Mighty aholic.  HEELLO DAN! (My real name). Don’t tell anyone. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Insert Coach McD clapping.

Hit one of the authentic food trucks or trailer joints we have all over the place, they make Mighty Taco seem like cat food.

No question that local joints and food trucks are typically going to be a higher quality, better product than something from a chain restaurant.  That said, I still think In and Out is a pretty tasty inexpensive fast-food burger (and Whataburger isn't bad, but not as good, in my opinion).  

Mighty Taco has a lot of nostalgia and memories for me and it's part of the fabric of WNY (and I enjoy it on the rare occasions I have it), but sometimes we have to be honest with ourselves.  It just isn't that good.  It's a WNY version of Taco Bell (probably better, but a similar concept).  But there's a place for it in our lives....

The irony is that I have posted 3 or 4 times in this thread and have probably eaten at In and Out, Whataburger, Five Guys, and Mighty Taco about that many times combined in the last several years .  It's just a fun thread to participate in and a little break from the monotony of work.  

Edited by msw2112

5 hours ago, MPL said:

No. No one is talking about it in Austin. We just got an MLS team this year and that's most of the sports buzz here... that and UT. I have a hard time imagining an NFL team here—it's not really an NFL town.

That said, I can see Austin making a push in another 5–10 years to bring a team here. The growth here is insane and the demographics of this city will be completely different by 2026. I just hope it's not the Bills—and I feel pretty confident that it won't be. 

Austin already has a professional football team.  Not to mention there are 2 other NFL teams within 200 miles or so from them.

I love Austin. Used to go there on bidness.  My favorite place To go there was the Broken Spoke. Saw Gary P.Nunn there once. Also in the summer I liked going down to the Congress Street bridge and watch the bats.

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't understand the cult following for either place. Both are fine. Red Robin has far superior burgers to both places, but it isn't fast food, I suppose, so maybe people don't want to compare.

Most cities have local restaurants that make better burgers than either of those chains.

So what specifically do you like about In-n-Out? They just taste like normal cheeseburgers to me. Yes, better than McDonald's or the other really big chains, but still just an average hamburger. I just have never understood the number of people that really love it.

Some people mentioned 5 Guys earlier and I think 5 Guys is superior to In-n-Out, although I do not like their fries.

I don't really do fries so I can't comment on that.

What makes In-n-Out To me is the freshness of it.  They cook 'em up and you get while its hot.  Its not greasy.  The condiments is what really Maes it. Fresh leaf lettuce, a nice red tomato, and a nice thick slice of raw onion. And they give it to you 1/2 wrapped so you don't have stuff falling in your lap on the first bite.  

I've been to 5 Guys but they're greasy IMHO.  And the condiments don't compare.  I do like their hot dogs though.

I think that's why they don't want to expand anywhere everywhere.  They don't want to chop up lettuce in a factory and ship it out to stores in a bag.  I always figured it was so good cuz they're in CA and got local fresh produce.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

Told you that I won’t sleep in that room until you wash your Freaks and Geeks bedding from 2000.

Ball = your court.

I already told you, if I wash them it’ll fade the colors. Half of the collectibility is the vibrant colors on the freaks and/or geeks being showcased.

What’s next, you want me to wash The Godfather’s pizza Goonies glass on the bedside table for every visitor? 

ROFL!! 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

On 8/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, hondo in seattle said:

KC is a carnivorous town, saturated with burger and bbq joints.

It doesn't need another burger chain - it already has numerous burgers options.  What KC needs is more diversity.

But I do love a good burger.  Both In-And-Out and Five Guys do burgers right.  Nothing fancy, just good fresh ingredients making for tasty, juicy burgers.  

If you want a truly superior burger, go to an upscale steakhouse and get something with real Kobe beef.  If you want a convenient, cheap burger made from a frozen patty: go to McDonalds.  In-And-Out and Five Guys admirably fill a niche in between the extremes.  

KC is full of burger, and especailly BBQ places...(I miss it)  ...but there is a diverse food scene...you just need to hit up the river market area, or overland park.  I digress.

They have in n out and whataburger right next to each other where I live here in Texas.  In in out does have a good burger...always hot and fresh....I like it. But like many others...it's not the best burger I've ever had....just good.  The fries are awful...even when you ask them to be "well done".  As a man who loves about any version of potatoe dish that is possible to make..I don't understand how in n out takes perfectly good potatoes and makes them into soemthing I can't stand to eat.  

Whataburger.....it's ok...I'll get it every now and then...but it's like McDonalds with a more diverse array of possible toppings....for those who have had Sonic...it's damn near the same burger.  They do have an outstanding Grilled chicken Melt....it's not even on the menu....by far, the best thing they sell....amazing sandwich.

Just as I was leaving living in Minot, ND, they put a tim Hortons in there (2016)....I thought it was good the few times I got to visit it before I moved.  Sorry to hear it's gone down hill.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Georgie said:

I would like a Schlotsky's sandwich shop

First time I had Schlotsky's, it gave me the shitsky's.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

....for those who have had Sonic...it's damn near the same burger.  They do have an outstanding Grilled chicken Melt....it's not even on the menu....by far, the best thing they sell....amazing sandwich.

We have two Sonic's in our area, and they are both horrible. Terrible customer service, always seems to be out of basics.  But I know it's the local franchise, because I've had Sonic in other areas of the country and never had any issues like I do with the local stores.