Training Camp Practice Saturday, 8/7 from 10am – 12pm Gates open at 9am TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Even when throwing to kids, Josh puts a little heat on his throws.

I was just thinking how much he dialed it back for them

39 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Mckenzie with a 25 yard td fun 

Something about he lost his shoe?

Now will we fillet Kumerow for it?  Gotta haul those in, Brotha

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Spencer Brown got Beaten like a Drum, or misunderstood his assignment....

Or Moss did

Or Josh called the wrong protection, Whoopsie

Why it's so hard to grade OL and backfield blocking, somebody screwed up but who?

We need Dion back

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We need Dion back

I was thinking that, too

But if it was a bad protection call or if Moss misunderstood his assignment, it's not Brown's fault.

And it looked as though it started as a (2,0) or (1,1) set (didn't catch who else was back there), and Brown stepped to his right, so I think he was expecting Moss to pick up Addison.  Which is a tough assignment when Thudding.

EDIT: it was McKenzie.  Looking carefully, I'm pretty sure this was a bad protection call.  Looks like it was one of Daboll's multi-layered plays.  The LG was pulling, Brown stepped in to pick up the blitzing LB, if it was an option play with the run dialed up Josh should have handed off to Moss who shoulda been long gone before Addison got there, if it was an option play with the pass dialed up someone should have picked up Addison - either he was Brown's assignment and Moss should have handled the blitzer, or Brown got it right and Moss should have taken Addison.

Again, SNAFU but I can't tell you whose.  Someone better at all-22 could make a more educated guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

He threw the ball to the boy standing right next to my daughter.  She ran away crying

And the video is now on Twitter.  My daughter is on the left of him and I’m standing right behind her in a red Allen jersey 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was just thinking how much he dialed it back for them

Something about he lost his shoe?

Now will we fillet Kumerow for it?  Gotta haul those in, Brotha

Should have traded him to GB yesterday when his stock was highest! 

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

And the video is now on Twitter.  My daughter is on the left of him and I’m standing right behind her in a red Allen jersey 

You should DM Allen that on insta and ask if you could get an autograph for your sad kid.

You know if it had been allowed he would have been circling the bowl signing autographs for each and every.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That has to be a little discouraging  for the defense, you can see that Milano would have plastered Allen in a real game but he pulled up.  No plastering the guy in the red jersey

Even if Milano hits him - it still was to late - that was a good read and run.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That has to be a little discouraging  for the defense, you can see that Milano would have plastered Allen in a real game but he pulled up.  No plastering the guy in the red jersey

I don’t know how to take that Ryan Doyle tweet. 

JA17 smoking our defense BUT they’re in the backfield every play…

Ok?

They had a high win rate last year and rarely got home when it mattered.  

I have high hopes for this DL to be a top end unit, but posts like that do nothing for me. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok?

I have high hopes for this DL to be a top end unit, but posts like that do nothing for me. 

Fair.  I think the intended implication is that with a QB less mobile and decisive than Allen, plus an extra gear where they're not trying to spare the guy in the red jersey,  they will get home.

But it's equally fair to say that "almost doesn't count except in Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

It's the reason it's difficult to judge an OL or a DL based on practice.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is it concerning that we haven’t heard a single peep from Moss or Singletary? 

Huh?  All of our RBs, including Brieda and Antonio Williams, have gotten lots of praise during camp and had stand out moments.  

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone see what WR that was?  Looked like Davis maybe, and I don't think he felt too good after that.  Not a bad throw, just a great Balls-Out play by Hyde.

I believe I saw it was Diggs

48 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I guess it's a teachable moment 🤷‍♂️

Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw, at the same you don't have a chance at all if you don't show up.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You should DM Allen that on insta and ask if you could get an autograph for your sad kid.

You know if it had been allowed he would have been circling the bowl signing autographs for each and every.

Definitely at least reply about it in those tweets you never know who'll see it.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bad News for those hoping for an upgrade at CB2

Indeed.  

On the bright side, maybe Levi is improving and becoming the type of CB2 that we need.  That being a good CB2.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This can’t be - I read on here after last week that Josh really struggles with a crowd.  Last year he was only good because of no fans.

I distinctly remember being told look at his splits - fans screw him up.  Was Mitch with the ones maybe?

🤦‍♂️😂. This board cracks me up.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ugh. Back to school shopping. 

Connect the dots people.  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Ok?

They are missing Dion Dawkins on the OL protecting the QB

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Diggs looked like he was feeling it afterwards - slow getting up.  I hope nothing lasting.

I hope one of the pundits comments on that play where Mario Addison blew by Brown

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ugh, that's quite a list - were you there and can you comment on if the line was wearing the Guardian helmets?

I hope Manny Sands foot is OK, we need him to build his timing with Josh

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

They are missing Dion Dawkins on the OL protecting the QB

Undoubtedly.

I think @SCBills point, and I understand it, is that if Allen is still getting his throws off despite no Dawkins and the DL in the backfield - we can't properly conclude that the DL is gonna be good.

This of course, assumes that whoever is blowing the whistle is reacting appropriately at the point where a sack would have occurred, which is problematic especially where Allen is concerned.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Diggs looked like he was feeling it afterwards - slow getting up.  I hope nothing lasting.

I hope one of the pundits comments on that play where Mario Addison blew by Brown

Ugh, that's quite a list - were you there and can you comment on if the line was wearing the Guardian helmets?

I had to reread the tweet and your post like 3 times until I figured out who Manny Sands was.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Undoubtedly.

I think @SCBills point, and I understand it, is that if Allen is still getting his throws off despite no Dawkins and the DL in the backfield - we can't properly conclude that the DL is gonna be good.

This of course, assumes that whoever is blowing the whistle is reacting appropriately at the point where a sack would have occurred, which is problematic especially where Allen is concerned.

Hap - I am pretty sure in all the shots I saw - they were not wearing the guardian helmets today.

I think they are getting ready for the first game and need to move toward losing them at this point.

Of course - that could change if they think it could of prevented a Butler injury.

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Hap - I am pretty sure in all the shots I saw - they were not wearing the guardian helmets today.

I think they are getting ready for the first game and need to move toward losing them at this point.

Of course - that could change if they think it could of prevented a Butler injury.

I agree that they seemed to be trying to give this practice a bit of a "game like" atmosphere, wearing game-day jerseys and pants instead of shorts etc.

Don't like this though

• Like (+1) 1