EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Honestly 

I would wager that more people tailgate than attend the game ..

In all of the private lots and Bills lots and grass lots combined there are more than 73k

Yet only 73,000 make it into the stadium.. there are thousands plus who never leave the tailgate

I've never seen anyone stay behind in the lot at game time that wasn't passed out face down

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Works. Just build it downtown. Makes ZERO sense to build in OP.

That's your opinion. It's a football stadium for football games and the suburbs (OP) has the land , space , it's not hard to get too 

Putting it downtown is the hip thing .. it's trendy , but there's no economic benefit.. studies have shown that.. it would basically kill the best tailgating tradition in the NFL 

Buffalo has always been known for a more college like atmosphere.... Like an SEC atmosphere... The fans are knowledgeable, supportive, and hardcore.. 

The parties at the rock pile were legendary.. full on keg's in the stands ...  

So the shenanigans are way pre Ralph Wilson stadium... And the best tailgates in the world will be lost if we go downtown... There's a lot of people who want to preserve that 

And there's a difference between full-on drunken debauchery... And a  legitimate top notch Buffalo tailgate

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, BTB said:

So there are 25,000+ fans who tailgate but dont go into the game?   You are just making crap up, throwing it against the wall, and see what sticks. 

There are a lot of people that tailgate and dont go to the game(I have done it before) but I am with that seems like a really high estimate.  

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's your opinion. It's a football stadium for football games and the suburbs (OP) has the land , space , it's not hard to get too 

Putting it downtown is the hip thing .. it's trendy , but there's no economic benefit.. studies have shown that.. it would basically kill the best tailgating tradition in the NFL 

Buffalo has always been known for a more college like atmosphere.... Like an SEC atmosphere... The fans are knowledgeable, supportive, and hardcore.. 

The parties at the rock pile were legendary.. full on keg's in the stands ...  

So the shenanigans are way pre Ralph Wilson stadium... And the best tailgates in the world will be lost if we go downtown... There's a lot of people who want to preserve that 

And there's a difference between full-on drunken debauchery... And a  legitimate top notch Buffalo tailgate

Putting the tailgating aside for a second can Buffalo even handle the traffic of a Bills game. I live in NJ so I am not familiar with the landscape of Buffalo/Orchard Park. OP obviously can handle it but can Buffalo? Losing the tailgating would be terrible as Buffalo is known for having a great tailgating atmosphere.

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And there's a difference between full-on drunken debauchery... And a  legitimate top notch Buffalo tailgate.

A lot of people don’t get this part.

It’s like 8 extra holidays a year when done right.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Putting the tailgating aside for a second can Buffalo even handle the traffic of a Bills game. I live in NJ so I am not familiar with the landscape of Buffalo/Orchard Park. OP obviously can handle it but can Buffalo? Losing the tailgating would be terrible as Buffalo is known for having a great tailgating atmosphere.

Depending on where they put it downtown, it seems (from passive observation coming downtown for high level business meetings, i dont live there any more)like they could bulldoze some eyesores and create some dedicated tailgating parking lots.  There might not be enough room to recreate the entire OP atmosphere, but like i said earlier, if the stadium was downtown, and people in North Buffalo/Town of Tonawanda could take the subway down, there would be a lot fewer people doing tailgating anyways.  Or, they would be doing it in the UB North lot then drunkenly taking the subway to the game

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The most important quote from Poloncarz:

"I want the public to understand there's been no gun put to the head of Erie County and New York state stating, 'If you do not do this, we are moving,'" he said. "I want people to understand negotiations are a long process. ... A negotiation takes time. It takes compromise on both sides."

The Buffalo News and PFT/Florio have a lot of egg on their face.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Peter said:

The most important quote from Poloncarz:

"I want the public to understand there's been no gun put to the head of Erie County and New York state stating, 'If you do not do this, we are moving,'" he said.

The Buffalo News and PFT/Florio have a lot of egg on their face.

Florio usually has egg on his face however since he seems a tool for players' agents.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The writer of the article was quoting the guy who owns Bobs Hotdog cart in Austin Texas.

Aka "Ownership Source"

“Ownership source” probably was a polite way of saying Jerry/Stephen/Someone else named Jones. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

“Ownership source” probably was a polite way of saying Jerry/Stephen/Someone else named Jones. 

It clearly was not "ownership" of the Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Sabres.

The people and media that spread this BS should be embarrassed.

• Agree 1