Stephon Gilmore holding out?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He does not need the money he will pay in fines.

My guess is he shows up week 10 and does his usual loafing in contract year so he does not get hurt "tackling".

Or just do his usual "it wasn't my fault" look. 

1188519340.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Does Belichick honor those deals? No. Does any team? No. Why should the player have the same expectation? 

Did you say the Bills should have honored John Brown's deal instead of cutting him?

I'm pretty sure John Brown is getting paid everything that was guaranteed in his contract.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

He should holdout for a trade and take the most money he can get. He's earned it. 

Belichik will trade him to the Jaguars.  That should soot that overrated turd.  Just like they did with Jamie Collins some years back.  Shipped him to Cleveland right around the time they went winless.  Patriots don't play w that holdout stuff.  During the Belichik era, team means everything unless your name is Brady or Gronkowski.  The rest are just pieces on a chessboard.  Well paid pieces.  But noone is going to lose sleep in Foxboro if Gilmore holds out.    

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

FWIW, I dont mind giving up a second rounder to the Pats to get him. Would like to see Mahomes throw into White + Gilmore with Hydoyer lurking.

Igotbills, I definitely as many hate this would agree with you, but he’s not showing up for $.  He would be a great #2, but is he really taking $8 mil. To come back.  If he would, our defense would improve.  I just don’t see it.

it would be fun in Madden.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Does Belichick honor those deals? No. Does any team? No. Why should the player have the same expectation? 

Did you say the Bills should have honored John Brown's deal instead of cutting him?

Thread.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Thread.

How is his response end thread? The subject is "Is Gilmore holding out?" Its a question if he's holding out or not. Not some player v owners politics crap. Btw the players union agreed to these rules so... 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

How is his response end thread? The subject is "Is Gilmore holding out?" Its a question if he's holding out or not. Not some player v owners politics crap. Btw the players union agreed to these rules so... 

Given what the thread had turned into the premise also answers the thread as well.

Players hold out all the time for more money and also do not always attend OTAs. Just as well as coaches and teams don't honor contracts. Reg NFL business.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 2

Gilmore is a turd, that is all.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Honor your deal.  You signed it and got the upfront money.  

meh. The deal has measures for this and I doubt anyone in the room negotiating genuinely thought he’d play on a 1 year 7m deal

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree here. It’s a big money business with a limited employment period as a player.  I don’t blame any single player for trying to maximize their income while they can, however they can. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

Honor your deal.  You signed it and got the upfront money.  

Please.

The club can fire him as long as they're willing to face the consequences. He can hold out as long as he's also willing to face the consequences.

• Like (+1) 2