Cam Newton injures hand

In practice today it appears he hit a helmet .. there was enough concern that the checked for a break .. there are none, but they are monitoring. Probably no impact 3 months out other than reducing his time working with his teammates. Given he had little time with them last year I am certain they wanted to take advantage of the return of OTAs and mini-camp.

Ā 

now for the real question.. if his hand was broken would that really change anything .. they were Buffalo Bill hell years bad at passing last year.

Ā 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/04/report-cam-newtons-hand-is-not-broken-but-he-is-undergoing-more-tests/

Edited by CorkScrewHill

or, what if BB said:

Ā 

"hey Cam, do the team a favor.Ā  Pretend to get a flesh wound early in practice.Ā  We wanna see how Mac does if he has to come in cold and work with the Ones."Ā  wouldnt surprise me.Ā Ā  Also to see how Cam will take to seeing Mac at the helm, after Cam is pulled inĀ  mid game, or mid drive.

Ā 

But then, I admit I subscribe to the 'evil genius' narrative.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by maddenboy
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

In practice today it appears he hit a helmet .. there was enough concern that the checked for a break .. there are none, but they are monitoring. Probably no impact 3 months out other than reducing his time working with his teammates. Given he had little time with them last year I am certain they wanted to take advantage of the return of OTAs and mini-camp.

Ā 

now for the real question.. if his hand was broken would that really change anything .. they were Buffalo Bill hell years bad at passing last year.

Ā 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/04/report-cam-newtons-hand-is-not-broken-but-he-is-undergoing-more-tests/

Ā 

Nothing directly related to Cam here, but while at Casey Middle school in WNY I had a gym teacher who had been a punter for the Chargers. He wanted to show off in front of the class, and sent me back to field a punt. I had obviously never seen a punt like that, but backed up fast enough to semi-successfully field the punt. I caught itĀ just fine, andĀ the class was awed by the ginormous punt. The ā€œsemiā€ part was because it was one of those cheap, plasticĀ Voit balls, and the point of the ballĀ caught me on the bone at the base of my right thumb.

Ā 

Remember those balls? Harder than a cinder block and I got a bone bruise that lasted almost a year! Iā€™m not saying that will happen to Cam, just reliving a childhood nightmare! Ā Iā€™d imagine hitting your throwing hand on a helmet could yield a similar result, to some degree. Iā€™m surprised it doesnā€™t happen more often.Ā 

Ā 

A bone bruise on any part of your body is a VERY nasty thing! A doctor who worked with my sons said on a scale of 1-10, it gets murky in the middle between a bruise and a break.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Patriots* are really intent on developing Mac Jones as the potential franchise QB, then Cam is not the right vet QB to mentor him.

Ā 

IMO, when they brought back Hoyer, the writing was on the wall for Cam's departure--Ā wounded hand, knee, shoulder, ego, or whatever notwithstanding.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ā 

Nothing directly related to Cam here, but while at Casey Middle school in WNY I had a gym teacher who had been a punter for the Chargers. He wanted to show off in front of the class, and sent me back to field a punt. I had obviously never seen a punt like that, but backed up fast enough to semi-successfully field the punt. I caught itĀ just fine, andĀ the class was awed by the ginormous punt. The ā€œsemiā€ part was because it was one of those cheap, plasticĀ Voit balls, and the point of the ballĀ caught me on the bone at the base of my right thumb.

Ā 

Remember those balls? Harder than a cinder block and I got a bone bruise that lasted almost a year! Iā€™m not saying that will happen to Cam, just reliving a childhood nightmare! Ā Iā€™d imagine hitting your throwing hand on a helmet could yield a similar result, to some degree. Iā€™m surprised it doesnā€™t happen more often.Ā 

šŸˆ

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It just means if Cam can't go, Jones will come in and torch the Bills defense

Torch the Bills defense???? Lol kid hasnā€™t even played a snap yet. Iā€™ll say it again both Jet and Pats reached on their QBS.

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Phil Simms once missed the final 10 games of the 1983 season when he messed up his hand by hitting an opponent's helmet.Ā Ā 

You gotta wonder if Cam is even going to make the team this year? It wouldnā€™t surprise me if he gets released, I for sure wouldnā€™t have given him another 1 year deal to stick around, after his performance last year.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m an alumnus. Ā Which teacher was it? Ā I remember Enders and Moynihan? Ā Neither seemed like pro players šŸ¤£