Cam Newton injures hand

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m an alumnus.  Which teacher was it?  I remember Enders and Moynihan?  Neither seemed like pro players 🤣

I’m honestly don’t remember, but Enders at least sounds familiar. I just remember the BOOMING punt, then the excruciating pain. Six months later I could bump it on something and practically see stars. 

The guy might have been a camp leg or gone home at the first cut, but I had NEVER fielded a rock hard ball that fell out of the sky like that. Not my only bone bruise, but he first one that comes to mind, for sure. 

The Patriots had the Bills beat last year.  They were running the ball every play and gaining 7 or 8 yards every play. 
They were about to run it in for the winning to when Cam fumbled and that was it. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m honestly don’t remember, but Enders at least sounds familiar. I just remember the BOOMING punt, then the excruciating pain. Six months later I could bump it on something and practically see stars. 

The guy might have been a camp leg or gone home at the first cut, but I had NEVER fielded a rock hard ball that fell out of the sky like that. Not my only bone bruise, but he first one that comes to mind, for sure. 

I bruised my bone once😎

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Arcjim said:

The Patriots had the Bills beat last year.  They were running the ball every play and gaining 7 or 8 yards every play. 
They were about to run it in for the winning to when Cam fumbled and that was it. 

It did look that way, until it didn’t.

It also looked like we had beaten the Cards. You play until it’s over. We DO need to be able to prevent them (and others) from pounding the ball down our throats, for sure. It will be a big issue next year. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Arcjim said:

The Bills had the patriots beat until Leodis fumbled.The Bills were bad that year and the pats were bad last year. Bad teams find ways to lose games. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arcjim said:

That was a great play by Zimmer give the man his due

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, maddenboy said:

or, what if BB said:

"hey Cam, do the team a favor.  Pretend to get a flesh wound early in practice.  We wanna see how Mac does if he has to come in cold and work with the Ones."  wouldnt surprise me.   Also to see how Cam will take to seeing Mac at the helm, after Cam is pulled in  mid game, or mid drive.

But then, I admit I subscribe to the 'evil genius' narrative. 

That makes literally no sense.

5 hours ago, Arcjim said:

The Pats averaged 6 yards per rush.

So did the Bills.  In fact, the Bills had a higher yards per play for the game.

10 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

How is he going to tie those stylish babushkas...er, I mean do-rags?! 😕

babushka, now that’s funny.  Reminds me of Just Jack video he put out of the 2020 New England Patriots.  Now we have Cam “I have a fargin tree growing out of my head” Newton as quarterback.

That video cracked me up I had to watch it a few times.  This summer Jack you need to bring that one back.

• CorkScrewHill changed the title to Cam Newton injures hand
On 6/4/2021 at 2:26 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Time to break out the 2021 Cam Newton Excuse Thread

hehe--yep its gotta be something..may as well be that nagging hand injury instead of his profound mental laziness that has turned a guy with great talent into a mediocre QB.