Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

So when I was in med school, my wife was an assoc professor at Oberlin in Gym Jordan's district.  He wasn't a fascist congressman then.  The juxtaposition of smart, clever progressives at Oberlin and stupid unemployed losers in Elyria and Loraine was stark.  40 years later they haven't moved on or figured out that they're almost non existent skills are not valuable.  Meanwhile the Oberlin grads come back for alumni weekends every 10 years and live in gated communities in lovely places.  It just struck me that this was a microcosm of the nation way back then.  I do miss Antigone's whch was a great greek restaurant in Lorrainne...don't miss the losers blaming their failures on the winners.

Edited by redtail hawk

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Like I said in another thead, you are Mr. Snob.

thank you so much Mr loser.  In essence, this is what the fight is about.  winners and losers.  do u disagree?  I still remember outdoor concerts from brilliant students at their conservatory.  And watching their baseball team play 4 out fielders and only 3 infielders.  They sucked but the kids from Colgate or Bates didn't make the big leagues either and weren't so adventurous...

Edited by redtail hawk

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

thank you so much Mr loser.  In essence, this is what the fight is about.  winners and losers.  do u disagree?  I still remember outdoor concerts from brilliant students at their conservatory.  And watching their baseball team play 4 out fielders and only 3 infielders.  They sucked but the kids from Colgate or Bates didn't make the big leagues either and weren't so adventurous...

You paint yourself as an erudite 1%er yet you spend inordinate amounts of time on a message board spewing non sequiturs as if they were pearls of wisdom, calling people names as though you are a middle schooler, using un-clever monikers like Gym, and allying yourself with individuals such as Tiberius and Billstime. Where did it start going wrong for you? Was it the night Hillary lost? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

You paint yourself as an erudite 1%er yet you spend inordinate amounts of time on a message board spewing non sequiturs as if they were pearls of wisdom, calling people names as though you are a middle schooler, using un-clever monikers like Gym, and allying yourself with individuals such as Tiberius and Billstime. Where did it start going wrong for you? Was it the night Hillary lost? 

I'm not responding to pick on hawk but JD you bring up a valid point I have often wondered.  I do not understand members here who are posting 30+ times a day, every day.  Time is our most important resource, and I don't see how excessive TBD posting is a healthy substitute for; family, friends, hobbies, courses, job/volunteer opportunities, heck even other message boards.  

Even if you have absolutely nothing else and this place is your life, doesn't anyone get tired of yelling into the indifferent storm?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Precision said:

I'm not responding to pick on hawk but JD you bring up a valid point I have often wondered.  I do not understand members here who are posting 30+ times a day, every day.  Time is our most important resource, and I don't see how excessive TBD posting is a healthy substitute for; family, friends, hobbies, courses, job/volunteer opportunities, heck even other message boards.  

Even if you have absolutely nothing else and this place is your life, doesn't anyone get tired of yelling into the indifferent storm?

YELLING? Who’s YELLING? 😉

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chris farley said:

It's so desperate to be on the cool crowd.  It's reply to you was epic projection.   

Like a bandwagon fan in sports. 

What constitutes the cool crowd?  If there is one, I wasn't aware.  you seem overly concerned with my posting style.  perhaps some introspection on your part would be more helpful to you

i really think we are living in the matrix.

society today is what happens when generations grows up with their face in a screen every minute of the day. a morphed worldview that focused on whatever induces a big reaction/on time/ad revenue. entire worldviews built on extremes. algorythms building everything you can't personally see and humans happy to be isolated with the bots who can create consensus. 10s of millions. how could so many be wrong. censorship so you never even know any other reality.

imagine the National Enquirer being the nightly news your whole life and noone ever telling you its nothing but hyporbolic garbage. a huge digital community to back up this normal reality.

i think that's why many can't be reasoned with. someone is trying to tell you the sky is red but you have seen the sky 100s of times in your phone. millions of heart emojis confirm it is blue. im not even going to bother to look up and anyone who suggests it should be flagged for misinformation. i think that's the reality of ALOT of people. would you want to listen to this red sky liar? we will see where this goes but its not looking good for western society.

thats my random thought.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

i really think we are living in the matrix.

society today is what happens when generations grows up with their face in a screen every minute of the day. a morphed worldview that focused on whatever induces a big reaction/on time/ad revenue. entire worldviews built on extremes. algorythms building everything you can't personally see and humans happy to be isolated with the bots who can create consensus. 10s of millions. how could so many be wrong. censorship so you never even know any other reality.

imagine the National Enquirer being the nightly news your whole life and noone ever telling you its nothing but hyporbolic garbage. a huge digital community to back up this normal reality.

i think that's why many can't be reasoned with. someone is trying to tell you the sky is red but you have seen the sky 100s of times in your phone. millions of heart emojis confirm it is blue. im not even going to bother to look up and anyone who suggests it should be flagged for misinformation. i think that's the reality of ALOT of people. would you want to listen to this red sky liar? we will see where this goes but its not looking good for western society.

thats my random thought.

Like the people putting their own chains back on to watch the shadows on the cave wall.  

Crazy is how many know it's shadows.   But choose to stay glued to them 

But yet  they scratch on the floor about how heavy the chains are.  

Edited by Chris farley

20 hours ago, BillStime said:

Quite the self own their “doc”

(I had to respond to this)

Nope, and not close to what you did above.  But not to worry, you're not the only one who has done that recently. ;)

• Agree 1

Tennessee sinks further into the abyss by adopting a popular tactic of fascists, including the Nazis in Germany in the 1930's. Turn children into informers for the government. And Trumplicans scream freedom. 

They are scum.

Welcome again to Republicans' notion of what America should be.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/education/new-bill-would-strengthen-rules-over-what-can-be-taught-in-classrooms/51-ddd267e4-3d98-4de0-bb2e-3284740b4cb7 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Like the people putting their own chains back on to watch the shadows on the cave wall.  

Crazy is how many know it's shadows.   But choose to stay glued to them 

But yet  they scratch on the floor about how heavy the chains are.  

my question is how/why so many older people are caught up in it all. luckily my gen was at the tail end of smartphone emergence. when staring at a computer screen all day made you a outcast/nerd. now its odd not to. for the gen that know segragation/racism/freedom very well. they certainly don't seem to be aware enough that they are pushing society back into it all under new names. i guess age and wisdom dont nec coincide as much as conformity. 

those people that should know better are who are letting us down...they are all in charge.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11965589/The-stores-closed-doors-rampant-theft.html

Major retailers in the US have been forced to shut down stores due to millions of dollars in losses as rampant theft plagues big box stores across the country. 

This week, Walmart announced it will shut down four of its stores in Chicago just weeks after America's biggest employer shuttered its only stores in Portland. 

Walmart decided to shut 17 of its stores across nine states after CEO Doug McMillon warned in December that theft was the highest it's ever been around the country and if it did not slow down, stores would have to close. 

And the company announced on Tuesday it would be shutting half its Chicago stores, mostly located on the crime-ridden city's south and west sides, because they are losing tens of millions each year.

Target revealed it lost an extraordinary $400million in profits last November due to organized gangs of shoplifters who had been stealing merchandise from its stores.

And its CFO said the company expected retail thefts to reach $600million by the end of the year.

Now the retailer has announced it is closing four stores in three cities in the coming months.

Stores on Baltimore Ave in Maryland, West Lake Street in Minnesota, Chestnut Street in Pennsylvania and South Washington Street in Virginia are all affected. 

Back to that arch criminal Trump and all those republicans and christians now....

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 2

https://www.newsweek.com/bud-light-boycott-tears-republicans-apart-gop-social-media-reactions-1794884

This horrible beer is so important to the far right.   One of the worst beers around and they're all freaked out.  You'd think they'd be trying to win the senate and white house back.  But nope, A truly lousy beer is what they're fighting about.  morons.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, B-Man said:

Very interesting.

Everyone knew that I thought? Goes for both sides. 

Edited by Roundybout

24 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

try to argue that with a fan of one of them.

from AOC to MTG.

14 hours ago, Roundybout said:

🤣🤣 Walshy got hacked. Sucks to suck. 

meh, dems doing dem things. how dare he have opinions outside the official narrative.

31 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

This should be true, but to many people see themselves in these politicians. What can the politician do to help my community, my state, my nation should be the most important questions and in that order. 

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

try to argue that with a fan of one of them.

from AOC to MTG.

meh, dems doing dem things. how dare he have opinions outside the official narrative.

The only ones who keeps the act going in private and public are Omar and Boebert, from what I’ve read.