Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Breaking News:  Colin is still an attention seeking piece of S**t.

What kind of small, ignorant, petty shmuck  treats his family this way? His family disagrees with a fashion choice and he makes it racist, what a loser 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Breaking News:  Colin is still an attention seeking piece of S**t.

What a POS.  Be grateful they adopted your stupid ass instead of leaving you to be raped daily in the foster system.

completely predictable.  McCarthy must have gotten a D in "Economy 101"

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mccarthy-schools-biden-budget-anybodys-took-economy-101-would-know-wrong-approach

"Anybody who's took economy 101 would know this is the wrong approach. "

Edited by redtail hawk

I am thinking I have figured out who @BillStime really is- Keith Olbermann. It all computes: too much time, random crazy rants, believes every conspiracy theory, bitter, and now they use basically the same jokes. Yesterday Billsy tried to mock me by insinuating that I was someone who was the most successful at their field and now KO does this: 

Billsy test it on TBD and then rolls it out to the world unless he gets destroyed here. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am thinking I have figured out who @BillStime really is- Keith Olbermann. It all computes: too much time, random crazy rants, believes every conspiracy theory, bitter, and now they use basically the same jokes. Yesterday Billsy tried to mock me by insinuating that I was someone who was the most successful at their field and now KO does this: 

Billsy test it on TBD and then rolls it out to the world unless he gets destroyed here. 

Nah.  Billsy is Jimmy Carter as a young man, well as an old man too.  Idealistic and kind spirited but lacking some practicality.  People like that are great.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Nah.  Billsy is Jimmy Carter as a young man, well as an old man too.  Idealistic and kind spirited but lacking some practicality.  People like that are great.

Are you being funny with this? Or are you trolling using the memory of a man in hospice? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/10/2023 at 11:35 AM, redtail hawk said:

completely predictable.  McCarthy must have gotten a D in "Economy 101"

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mccarthy-schools-biden-budget-anybodys-took-economy-101-would-know-wrong-approach

"Anybody who's took economy 101 would know this is the wrong approach. "

What part in particular do you have issues with?

On 3/9/2023 at 8:31 PM, Orlando Tim said:

What kind of small, ignorant, petty shmuck  treats his family this way? His family disagrees with a fashion choice and he makes it racist, what a loser 

He epitomizes the liberal hatred, in spite of living in the greatest diverse country in the world.

liberals are so sick they see ghosts everywhere.

What part in particular do you have issues with?

https://catalog.buffalo.edu/courses/economics.html.  Do u see in courses entitled "economy ###"?  me neither.  Have never seen one in any course catalog.  It's called Economics.  makes me wonder if McCarthy ever set  foot for in an Economics classroom...

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Are you being funny with this? Or are you trolling using the memory of a man in hospice? 

trolling him?  No, he's a great man.  If he had a bit more practicality and hired a few more cutthroat big guns for his cabinet, he would have been a great president too.  Love the guy.  He is the symbol of integrity, honesty and sincerity in the modern presidency.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 3/14/2023 at 8:32 AM, BillStime said:

Oh well

He was taking it by prescription? He has taken it for 10 years, so nothing related to COVID. I know you aren't bright enough to realize difference but it is comparable to my son using steroids because of the doctor prescribing it to him and the way Jose Canseco did 

• Thank you (+1) 1

He was taking it by prescription? He has taken it for 10 years, so nothing related to COVID. I know you aren't bright enough to realize difference but it is comparable to my son using steroids because of the doctor prescribing it to him and the way Jose Canseco did 

Not only that but his heart was severely damaged by Lyme disease...a decade ago, which prompted him to take ivermectin (among other things, and then exclusively). :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Re: Ivermectin. I was prescribed it about 5 years ago (long before COVID) for rosacea. It worked. The rosacea completely went away. I imagine it is prescribed to many, many people like me.

By the way, it is a rather fascinating minor skin condition. It seems we all have these microscopic mites on our skin that sometimes cause a serious reaction in certain people. Ivermectin puts things back in balance. My dermatologist said you can think of it as a kind of an insecticide for the skin .... 

The blogger/psychiatrist known as Scott Alexander did a deep dive into the ivermectin-COVID literature and he came up with an interesting theory about why ivermectin had some early positive results in some populations; these populations tended to be in geographic regions where parasitic infections are common, so it may be that the ivermectin was effectively treating that (resulting in a healthier patient) rather than the virus itself. Speculative, but intriguing ...

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/ivermectin-much-more-than-you-wanted

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Re: Ivermectin. I was prescribed it about 5 years ago (long before COVID) for rosacea. It worked. The rosacea completely went away. I imagine it is prescribed to many, many people like me.

By the way, it is a rather fascinating minor skin condition. It seems we all have these microscopic mites on our skin that sometimes cause a serious reaction in certain people. Ivermectin puts things back in balance. My dermatologist said you can think of it as a kind of an insecticide for the skin .... 

The blogger/psychiatrist known as Scott Alexander did a deep dive into the ivermectin-COVID literature and he came up with an interesting theory about why ivermectin had some early positive results in some populations; these populations tended to be in geographic regions where parasitic infections are common, so it may be that the ivermectin was effectively treating that (resulting in a healthier patient) rather than the virus itself. Speculative, but intriguing ...

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/ivermectin-much-more-than-you-wanted

oral doxycycline and metronidazole gel work as well and are more common treatments.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11863643/Exiled-Chinese-businessman-friend-Steve-Bannon-arrested-NYC-1bn-fraud.html

Mobsters gonna mob...

Edited by redtail hawk

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE CORBYNIZATION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY CONTINUES APACE: 

For the first time, Democrats sympathize more with Palestinians than with Israel, poll finds.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-734608

Of course they do.  As long as the Repubs are for Israel, the Dems will support Muslims, making hypocrites of themselves in the process.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Doc said:

Of course they do.  As long as the Repubs are for Israel, the Dems will support Muslims, making hypocrites of themselves in the process.

“MUSLIMS BAD REEEEE”

Anyways,

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/03/17/gov-signs-universal-school-meals-bill-into-law

Hey look! A bill that improves people’s lives and helps kids do better in school! What a freaking concept!! 

Republicans, of course, believe this is communism. Kids should starve, if they can’t pay. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

“MUSLIMS BAD REEEEE”

Anyways,

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/03/17/gov-signs-universal-school-meals-bill-into-law

Hey look! A bill that improves people’s lives and helps kids do better in school! What a freaking concept!! 

Republicans, of course, believe this is communism. Kids should starve, if they can’t pay. 

Wait the headline is a lie according to the article

"But even with these measures, there are still families who do not qualify for free and reduced meals but who struggle to pay for food." 

Is it universal or not? And how does it account for waste? And how about for kids who don't eat properly? Now a parent can't stop their kid from just eating unhealthy stuff. Every state gets federal money for poverty level kids to get food at breakfast and lunch so details here are important or it is just a waste of money 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Wait the headline is a lie according to the article

"But even with these measures, there are still families who do not qualify for free and reduced meals but who struggle to pay for food." 

Is it universal or not? And how does it account for waste? And how about for kids who don't eat properly? Now a parent can't stop their kid from just eating unhealthy stuff. Every state gets federal money for poverty level kids to get food at breakfast and lunch so details here are important or it is just a waste of money 

You misread it. That paragraph was talking about how existing programs don't cover everything and how this new program will. 

The food will be made per USDA standards for healthy eating. 

Universal lunch erases the stigma that kids who need free or reduced lunches get. Here's a good resource for it: https://www.fordfoundation.org/news-and-stories/stories/posts/fighting-the-stigma-of-free-lunch-why-universal-free-school-lunch-is-good-for-students-schools-and-families/

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

“MUSLIMS BAD REEEEE”

Anyways,

Not communism.  A mix of help mixed with corporate welfare as most public schools food programs are outsourced to huge vending companies like Aramark and others.  Think hockels husband's company and the stadium contract 

But feeding kids sounds like a better headlines.   

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Not communism.  A mix of help mixed with corporate welfare as most public schools food programs are outsourced to huge vending companies like Aramark and others.  Think hockels husband's company and the stadium contract 

But feeding kids sounds like a better headlines.   

Not surprised you think this is a bad thing. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Not surprised you think this is a bad thing. 

I'm not surprised you interpreted my comment as it being a bad thing.  When I just pointed out why it now has support that it didn't before.   But it's good headlines as well, amirite.  

But in a binary mind, that must mean kids eating food is bad.  

Smh. 

WOW.  Very big news.  haven't seen it posted here yet:

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/19/report-former-texas-governor-sabotaged-carter-in-iran-hostage-crisis

Former Texas Gov. John Connally (R) met Middle Eastern leaders in 1980 to convince Iran to delay releasing American hostages — part of an effort to sabotage then-President Jimmy Carter’s re-election campaign, according to a New York Times report.

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/19/report-former-texas-governor-sabotaged-carter-in-iran-hostage-crisis

Former Texas Gov. John Connally (R) met Middle Eastern leaders in 1980 to convince Iran to delay releasing American hostages — part of an effort to sabotage then-President Jimmy Carter’s re-election campaign, according to a New York Times report.

I am not sure I believe it at this point, since every other person who can corroborate it is dead. But everyone else on that trip kept quiet till they died and not one of the intermediaries spoke up for all this time? Whole thing smells of someone trying to go out with a nice headline. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I heard about that decades ago.  But it wouldn't have mattered much to the outcome because Carter, while a good and decent person, was a horrible President.

• Like (+1) 3