Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

approved and rarely used (perhaps occasionally in red states where outhouses still exist).  I couldn't care less what you think of me.  Your disapproval is a badge of honor.  I practiced very successfully for over 30 years and could find a job in any state and many countries tomorrow.

If you were a doctor you would have never had written something so ignorant. I have family who are actual doctors who explain to me that Ivermectin is not likely to help me should I come down with COVID because the studies that prove it's effectiveness are suspect. How would a real doctor not know what it was and it's uses after the past few year? Every current doctor knows what semaglutide is simply because they are guaranteed to be asked about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

What does semaglutide have to do with it?  You don't even know my specialty yet assume my patients asked about Ivermectin.  You know what they say about people who make assumptions?  But one of the reasons I retired early (besides the fact that I could) was stupid people who were spreading covid like the clap in the midst of a condom shortage...and not caring when my colleagues got sick or died.  In fact, being militant about it ,like it was some kind of noble pursuit.  I'm betting you were one of them.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Trump is giving a wonderful speech right now on Fox News... tune in.

is kari lake kissing his ass?

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/04/trump-cpac-speech-republicans-george-bush

I see this as good news:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-overwhelming-wins-cpacs-republican-primary-straw-poll-desantis-coming-distant-second

Edited by redtail hawk

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

What does semaglutide have to do with it?  You don't even know my specialty yet assume my patients asked about Ivermectin.  You know what they say about people who make assumptions?  But one of the reasons I retired early (besides the fact that I could) was stupid people who were spreading covid like the clap in the midst of a condom shortage...and not caring when my colleagues got sick or died.  In fact, being militant about it ,like it was some kind of noble pursuit.  I'm betting you were one of them.

My thoughts on COVID are well documented on this website because I had a ton of time during 2020 due to my not going out into crowds. Your assumptions about me are incorrect but I notice you still have not told us your specialty, so please tell me what sector of medicine would not have a discussion about Ivermectin in 2020 and 2021. 

28 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

My thoughts on COVID are well documented on this website because I had a ton of time during 2020 due to my not going out into crowds. Your assumptions about me are incorrect but I notice you still have not told us your specialty, so please tell me what sector of medicine would not have a discussion about Ivermectin in 2020 and 2021. 

hmmm, let's see.  Orthopedics, Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Reproductive Medicine (infertility), physical med and rehab, rheumatology, endocrinology, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Anesthesiology, Obstetrics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Urology, Pain Medicine, Psychiatry, Radiology, Pathology, Nephrology, Neonatologists and I'm sure I missed some.  They may have been asked but I'll bet the vast majority said "I don't know" except Obstetricians who would say "don't take it cuz you're pregnant".  Most wouldn't want to waste their time.  I was going to say Sports Medicine but for the Beasley's of the world.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Invermectin is given to 250 million people a year and less than 1 million horses, you are truly special. As for how it works, maybe read what I posted from 2017 otherwise I don't know what to say because if you are illiterate I can't help you 

Apparently if they're not "Westerners," they're not really people...  :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

asked and answered.  avoid eating shite, even "Anesthesiologists" know that much infectious disease medicine.

What was answered?  Your racism/elitism?  To wiggle out of your defense of it being called "horse dewormer," you made a laughable claim that if Western medicine didn't use it, it's not a valid medicine for humans.  I mean, just admit you're a quack and got that info from Dem talking points.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

hmmm, let's see.  Orthopedics, Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Reproductive Medicine (infertility), physical med and rehab, rheumatology, endocrinology, General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Anesthesiology, Obstetrics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Urology, Pain Medicine, Psychiatry, Radiology, Pathology, Nephrology, Neonatologists and I'm sure I missed some.  They may have been asked but I'll bet the vast majority said "I don't know" except Obstetricians who would say "don't take it cuz you're pregnant".  Most wouldn't want to waste their time.  I was going to say Sports Medicine but for the Beasley's of the world.

You still have not told us your specialty, but have used the lack of knowledge as you defense, and you are acting like Invermectin was some unknown entity. Every doctor would have known it was a human drug in the US, it would be like stating you are a football analyst but not know Josh Allen is a QB. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

What was answered?  Your racism/elitism?  To wiggle out of your defense of it being called "horse dewormer," you made a laughable claim that if Western medicine didn't use it, it's not a valid medicine for humans.  I mean, just admit you're a quack and got that info from Dem talking points.

It's not a "valid", err efficacious, medicine for covid, just like HCQ, bleach and whatever else the crazy MAGA's subjected their bodies to in a political attempt to avoid vaccination.

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

It's not a "valid", err efficacious, medicine for covid, just like HCQ, bleach and whatever else the crazy MAGA's subjected their bodies to in a political attempt to avoid vaccination.

Neither were remdesivir or masks.  Libs ate that up though, didn't they?

37 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business/voices-backing-student-debt-cancellation-rise-at-protest/article_c1be1113-bcf9-5d33-af6c-3f43dac3ab2c.html

WAAAAH IM A DEMOCRAT I DONT WANT TO PAY MY DEBT OR WORK....GIMME GIMME GIMME

%$#@ing deadbeats without shame.

FIFY

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Neither were remdesivir or masks.  Libs ate that up though, didn't they?

FIFY

Do you wear a mask when you’re supposedly in surgery?  Why?  Would u not if the surgeons let u go without?  Quick, before u can look it up:  what’s your fav benzo for short acting sedation?  How do u reverse it if necessary?

Edited by redtail hawk

5 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Do you wear a mask when you’re supposedly in surgery?  Why?  Would u not if the surgeons let u go without?  Quick, before u can look it up:  what’s your fav benzo for short acting sedation?  How do u reverse it if necessary?

What does that have to do with anything?  We're talking Wuhan virus and a study just conducted said they were useless.  Meanwhile there's evidence that surgical masks can make things worse because the slough-off dead skin cells or dislodge facial hair which can fall into the surgical field.

Go read another EKG, tech.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is random for sure. Probably 35 years ago I bought a Holland signed official document at an estate sale. It is framed and measures around 20" tall and 15" wide and has to do with the citrus growers association of Florida at that time. Also signed by the deputy of the state or whatever it was called back then. Paid $5.00 for it... it was somehow in a magazine rack full of old magazines, just kind of stuck in the middle. Official state seal, etc. Have been considering putting it up for auction. Given that he was governor for such a short time I wonder how many signed documents are still out there. Anyways, he's made the news again... and this lady sobbing made me laugh a bit... so dramatic, and anyone with a computer/chromebook/etc. can now be considered a "researcher". 

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/03/05/lakeland-mom-says-school-in-in-her-community-is-named-after-a-former-racist-florida-politician

1 hour ago, T&C said:

This is random for sure. Probably 35 years ago I bought a Holland signed official document at an estate sale. It is framed and measures around 20" tall and 15" wide and has to do with the citrus growers association of Florida at that time. Also signed by the deputy of the state or whatever it was called back then. Paid $5.00 for it... it was somehow in a magazine rack full of old magazines, just kind of stuck in the middle. Official state seal, etc. Have been considering putting it up for auction. Given that he was governor for such a short time I wonder how many signed documents are still out there. Anyways, he's made the news again... and this lady sobbing made me laugh a bit... so dramatic, and anyone with a computer/chromebook/etc. can now be considered a "researcher". 

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/03/05/lakeland-mom-says-school-in-in-her-community-is-named-after-a-former-racist-florida-politician

efNC seems right.  except perhaps Asheville, Chapel Hill and the Outer Banks...Charlotte and Winston Salem are kinda cool just avoid the SC line.

Edited by redtail hawk

21 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

efNC seems right.  except perhaps Asheville, Chapel Hill and the Outer Banks...Charlotte and Winston Salem are kinda cool just avoid the SC line.

Wat?

I had to go to a training about mental wellness yesterday and it amazes me how people would brag about their mental issues. Several people, including the presenter, proudly stated that they took "mental health days" several times a quarter and that if it left their coworkers in a lurch, then so be it. I feel bad I missed a day for this training which was mandatory and I told them 3 weeks ago. I don't think people should be shamed for working on mental health but celebrating it is absurd.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Roundybout said:

What’s wrong with this? Better than self-medicating.

1 in 5 women? That's a lot. There is a difference between a legitimate mental health issue and everyday life obstacles. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I had to go to a training about mental wellness yesterday and it amazes me how people would brag about their mental issues. Several people, including the presenter, proudly stated that they took "mental health days" several times a quarter and that if it left their coworkers in a lurch, then so be it. I feel bad I missed a day for this training which was mandatory and I told them 3 weeks ago. I don't think people should be shamed for working on mental health but celebrating it is absurd.

I can agree with this. I feel that a lot of people try their problems, legitimate or otherwise, their personality. 

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. ~Noam Chomsky 

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sadly, I totally agree with you.  ain't gonna happen but it should.

It probably would have sometime in the last two years when dems had TOTAL CONTROL OF WASHINGTON if it weren’t for those damn republicans. 

• Like (+1) 1

ROBERT SPENCER: It’s Time for Mitch McConnell to Retire. 

“Mitch McConnell is exactly nine months older than Old Joe Biden.

He has been a member of the United States Senate since the waning days of Ronald Reagan’s first term, when Madonna’s ‘Like A Virgin’ was at the top of the pop charts.”

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2023/03/09/its-time-for-mitch-mcconnell-to-retire-n1676824

• Like (+1) 1