Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

12 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

yeah. that lady's crazy statements are probably being used by defense attorneys right now.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:27 AM, redtail hawk said:

Initially a harsh critic of Donald Trump during the 2016 Republican primary, Hemingway has since become a vocal supporter of Trump and has claimed the 2020 election was rigged.[4][5][6][7]

ya know, I don't know what y'alls problem is with Wiki.  The references are right there.

And yet, they are rewriting books.  1984. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

What are your thoughts on making self defense illegal by Dems?

Mind numbing response.  I do not mind criticizing the libs and often do.  How are they making self defense illegal? 

You support contraception rights?  You able to criticize your party without feeling like a traitor? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Wondering what the opinions are about the possible targeting of contraception by the GOP? 

Is that the same GOP that has trying to get birth control pills changed to Over the Counter for the past few years ?   Them ?

Too bad the Planned Parenthood controlled democrat party keeps voting against it.

Senate Dems rebuke GOP's over-the-counter birth control bill

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/244448-senate-dems-rebuke-gops-over-the-counter-birth-control-bill/

Jun 9, 2015 —

And again

Democrats, not Republicans, block over-the-counter birth control

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/06/11/i-am-a-conservative-i-agree-with-aoc-on-over-the-counter-birth-control-column/1402941001/

Jun 11, 2019 — Republicans, in fact, have repeatedly tried to make birth control pills available without a prescription, only to face opposition from . . .

Oh, I know. you are clinging desperately to the Republicans defeating the over-reaching "Right to Contraception Act"

LOL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Is that the same GOP that has trying to get birth control pills changed to Over the Counter for the past few years ?   Them ?

Too bad the Planned Parenthood controlled democrat party keeps voting against it.

Senate Dems rebuke GOP's over-the-counter birth control bill

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/244448-senate-dems-rebuke-gops-over-the-counter-birth-control-bill/

Jun 9, 2015 —

And again

Democrats, not Republicans, block over-the-counter birth control

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/06/11/i-am-a-conservative-i-agree-with-aoc-on-over-the-counter-birth-control-column/1402941001/

Jun 11, 2019 — Republicans, in fact, have repeatedly tried to make birth control pills available without a prescription, only to face opposition from . . .

Oh, I know. you are clinging desperately to the Republicans defeating the over-reaching "Right to Contraception Act"

LOL.

The Hill seems to explain why they voted against it.  

So I am assuming your take means you fully support contraception rights. Which about 90% of America does. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Hill seems to explain why they voted against it.  

So I am assuming your take means you fully support contraception rights. Which about 90% of America does. 

About 90% or about 99%? It’s a complete non-story but there must be manufactured outrage at all times. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Mind numbing response.  I do not mind criticizing the libs and often do.  How are they making self defense illegal? 

You support contraception rights?  You able to criticize your party without feeling like a traitor? 

You don't pay much attention, I mock all politicians, I hate almost all of them. Your comment is stupid, mine at least has some basis in reality. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You don't pay much attention, I mock all politicians, I hate almost all of them. Your comment is stupid, mine at least has some basis in reality. 

no offense but why would I pay attention to you at that level?  From what I do see though you post 99% anti lib. btw you didn’t answer the question. Who is takin your right to self defense?  

5 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

About 90% or about 99%? It’s a complete non-story but there must be manufactured outrage at all times. 

did you read about the right to contraception act?  Was that a manufactured story?  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

no offense but why would I pay attention to you at that level?  From what I do see though you post 99% anti lib. btw you didn’t answer the question. Who is takin your right to self defense?  

did you read about the right to contraception act?  Was that a manufactured story?  

Geez man, don't co opt "lib".  It's meant to be disparaging.  best they got.  Don't help them.  Progressives.  But not a directive @LeviF

Edited by redtail hawk

Yeah, it’s a huge story. People can’t stop talking about it. I can’t get anywhere near the water cooler at the office without hearing condom this, IUD that. Frankly, I and all my neighbors are outraged at this attack on contraception. Please keep me posted on this gripping story so that I know when to run out and stock up on sponges like Elaine. Effing Tucker is probably behind it!

I’m familiar with the act. I’m fine with it being voted down based on issues of religious liberty and also the fact that the “contraception freedom” matter doesn’t even exist. It was created as a wedge issue. It certainly gave a wedgie to anyone uptight about it in Feb 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Yeah, it’s a huge story. People can’t stop talking about it. I can’t get anywhere near the water cooler at the office without hearing condom this, IUD that. Frankly, I and all my neighbors are outraged at this attack on contraception. Please keep me posted on this gripping story so that I know when to run out and stock up on sponges like Elaine. Effing Tucker is probably behind it!

I’m familiar with the act. I’m fine with it being voted down based on issues of religious liberty and also the fact that the “contraception freedom” matter doesn’t even exist. It was created as a wedge issue. It certainly gave a wedgie to anyone uptight about it in Feb 2023. 

so 12 kids, right? no wonder you're restlesss.  a quick snip of the vas deferens will do the trick.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

so 12 kids, right? no wonder you're restlesss.

I’ve seen enough of your posts to know that this passes as humor from you. As a comedian, you made a fine medical faculty person. Maybe UVA is where you realized you were superior enough to call an accomplished African American man an Uncle Tom. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I’ve seen enough of your posts to know that this passes as humor from you. As a comedian, you made a fine medical faculty person. Maybe UVA is where you realized you were superior enough to call an accomplished African American man an Uncle Tom. 

XY dude...faculty man.

24 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Never safe to assume these days. That’s something we can thank “progressives” for. 

and the culture wars brew...I love a good espresso machine.  Dr Zhivago is a great movie. I think it won awards.  Seen it?   Don quixote is another I'd recommend.  Read or watch them before they're banned.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

Edited by redtail hawk

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

and the culture wars brew...I love a good espresso machine.  Dr Zhivago is a great movie. I think it won awards.  Seen it?   Don quixote is another I'd recommend.  Read or watch them before they're banned.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

I’ve always loved Dr Zhivago! One of my all time favorites, actually. Julie Christie was really something. 😍

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

I think it became an issue when the Supreme Court changed the ruling on Roe.  Maybe you discussed that one at work too.  Thanks for the condescending response. 

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think it became an issue when the Supreme Court changed the ruling on Roe.  Maybe you discussed that one at work too.  Thanks for the condescending response. 

Ned, I have to agree with JD here. I’ve not heard a single syllable about this topic. Not one. I’m guessing you’re getting your ‘news’ from very different sources. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Ned, I have to agree with JD here. I’ve not heard a single syllable about this topic. Not one. I’m guessing you’re getting your ‘news’ from very different sources. 

This has been discussed quite a bit after the SC ruling and the comments from Thomas.  You can easily look it up.

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

This has been discussed quite a bit after the SC ruling and the comments from Thomas.  You can easily look it up.

Ned…you can look up anything on the internet. I’m just telling you that I’ve not heard anyone talking about this in any setting, anywhere. Feel free to use as much contraception as suits your personal needs! 👍

• Like (+1) 2