Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Quick (non-surprising) update to this story.

No mention of party affiliation from the nearby Baltimore Sun. I never expected that. Let’s just move along and be glad a creepy democrat pedo is off the streets for the moment. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Was wondering when that would happen. 

people are fed up with the random and violent crime.  and in NYC about all you have to defend yourself, is a sign.

already started seeing those "Concealed carry allowed here" signs popping up more and more 

Edited by Chris farley

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

The Atlas society?  Like Charles Atlas, or Scott Atlas or the Atlas from that crazy Anne Rynd *****?  But I don't see problem.  The room will likely be at least 1/2 empty.

Might have been so a year or so ago. but the truth has slowly come out and the mask wearing folks are just outing themselves as lemmings.  

or in the case that led to that picture, criminals.

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Daily Caller = Tucker Carlson

Tucker *knows* his audience - lol 

If kids can handle recurring active shooter drills; they can handle uncensored history.

Keep whining simp 

Just so long as it isn’t the Khmer Rouge?  

Mao’s cultural revolution?

Stalin?  

Or Covid’s potential origins and that masks are a sham.   

Or do we just selectively want to hate on our country you’d like to see destroyed…..

You people are a joke.   

“Hey kids!  We’re just going to teach you about the parade of horribles of every single civilization on earth!  Get you ready to be real productive and well informed American citizens that think everything is awful.”

—-Low info Racist CRT’s logical conclusion 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just so long as it isn’t the Khmer Rouge?  

Mao’s cultural revolution?

Stalin?  

Or Covid’s potential origins and that masks are a sham.   

Or do we just selectively want to hate on our country you’d like to see destroyed…..

You people are a joke.   

“Hey kids!  We’re just going to teach you about the parade of horribles of every single civilization on earth!  Get you ready to be real productive and well informed American citizens that think everything is awful.”

—-Low info Racist CRT’s logical conclusion 

Critical Race Theory Briefing Book - by Christopher Rufo

Big Ditz - please be sure to keep your membership up with Chris.

7d89jx.jpg

Meanwhile...

How a Conservative Activist Invented the Conflict Over Critical Race Theory

Republicans, spurred by an unlikely figure, see political promise in targeting critical race theory

The 40+ year old boogeyman - staring CRT.

https://wbckfm.com/new-pew-study-white-liberals-mental-problems/

I know this info is a few years old but Billsy is showing why this is. If you tell a 16 year old that they are responsible for the mistreatment of people 100 years before their birth and they believe you then they will almost certainly become depressed or suffer from very real cognitive dissonance. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Russell Brand takes a flamethrower to propaganda news … absolute fire 

Has anyone credible proved that it's a "credible" medicine, or are conservatives still dying on this hill?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Has anyone credible proved that it's a "credible" medicine, or are conservatives still dying on this hill?

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1122/ivermectin-oral/details

Yes. For a long time. Doesn’t appear to be “credible” against covid. The point being made is that the Don Lemon’s of the world referred to it as horse medicine. You can’t possibly be on board with that. 

54 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1122/ivermectin-oral/details

Yes. For a long time. Doesn’t appear to be “credible” against covid. The point being made is that the Don Lemon’s of the world referred to it as horse medicine. You can’t possibly be on board with that. 

Before Covid, ivermectin was a rarely prescribed drug in western humans.  GI nematodes are rarely encountered here There are much easier anti parasitics to prescribe and it is most commonly used in veterinary medicine 

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Before Covid, ivermectin was a rarely prescribed drug in western humans.  GI nematodes are rarely encountered here There are much easier anti parasitics to prescribe and it is most commonly used in veterinary medicine 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Ivermectin proved to be even more of a ‘Wonder drug’ in human health, improving the nutrition, general health and wellbeing of billions of people worldwide ever since it was first used to treat Onchocerciasis in humans in 1988. It proved ideal in many ways, being highly effective and broad-spectrum, safe, well tolerated and could be easily administered (a single, annual oral dose). 

What was the reasoning for your preferred media outlets to refer to it as horse medicine as opposed to trying to report it straightforward? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

This article is from 2017, so not political in nature, and shows that it has been used quite often to good effect, just not in western people since we rarely get parasites it kills. But the line I thought was most telling against the "horse medicine" statements "Perhaps more than any other drug, ivermectin is a drug for the world’s poor. For most of this century, some 250 million people have been taking it annually to combat two of the world’s most devastating, disfiguring, debilitating and stigma-inducing diseases". We have known for some time that a quarter of a billion people take it annually but since they are poor liberals don't care.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

This article is from 2017, so not political in nature, and shows that it has been used quite often to good effect, just not in western people since we rarely get parasites it kills. But the line I thought was most telling against the "horse medicine" statements "Perhaps more than any other drug, ivermectin is a drug for the world’s poor. For most of this century, some 250 million people have been taking it annually to combat two of the world’s most devastating, disfiguring, debilitating and stigma-inducing diseases". We have known for some time that a quarter of a billion people take it annually but since they are poor liberals don't care.

No, American doctors treat mostly American illnesses.  Unless you work in an International travel clinic, you most likely have never prescribed it.  Common things are common, just not here....

Edited by redtail hawk

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Ivermectin proved to be even more of a ‘Wonder drug’ in human health, improving the nutrition, general health and wellbeing of billions of people worldwide ever since it was first used to treat Onchocerciasis in humans in 1988. It proved ideal in many ways, being highly effective and broad-spectrum, safe, well tolerated and could be easily administered (a single, annual oral dose). 

What was the reasoning for your preferred media outlets to refer to it as horse medicine as opposed to trying to report it straightforward? 

It’s commonly given to horses, and many conservatives bought it from veterinary outlets to get their fix. Do you deny this?

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

How does a medicine for tapeworms work on a virus like covid?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It’s commonly given to horses, and many conservatives bought it from veterinary outlets to get their fix. Do you deny this?

This is how science works and how we find answers to difficult questions.  It's often messy, something greatly misunderstood by many on this board

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2207995

20 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Invermectin is given to 250 million people a year and less than 1 million horses, you are truly special. As for how it works, maybe read what I posted from 2017 otherwise I don't know what to say because if you are illiterate I can't help you 

23 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t deny it, nor do I care who took what or where they got it. It’s a medication, proven safe and effective and used by hundreds of millions of people over decades. Why did your favored media mockingly refer to it as horse medicine? Why not just play it straight? 

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I don’t deny it, nor do I care who took what or where they got it. It’s a medication, proven safe and effective and used by hundreds of millions of people over decades. Why did your favored media mockingly refer to it as horse medicine? Why not just play it straight? 

In the US, it is a horse medicine.  Avoid eating shite and you should never need it:  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/worms-in-humans/

Edited by redtail hawk

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

In the US it is approved for human use, just not Covid, please stop pretending you are a doctor. 

approved and rarely used (perhaps occasionally in red states where outhouses still exist).  I couldn't care less what you think of me.  Your disapproval is a badge of honor.  I practiced very successfully for over 30 years and could find a job in any state and many countries tomorrow.

Edited by redtail hawk

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

In the US, it is a horse medicine.  Avoid eating shite and you should never need it:  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/worms-in-humans/

https://clincalc.com/DrugStats/Drugs/Ivermectin

Any thoughts on why US doctors prescribed horse medicine for people over 300,000 times in 2017? It certainly wasn’t covid. 

I eagerly await your spin. Should be good. 

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

https://clincalc.com/DrugStats/Drugs/Ivermectin

Any thoughts on why US doctors prescribed horse medicine for people over 300,000 times in 2017? It certainly wasn’t covid. 

I eagerly await your spin. Should be good. 

Probably for those "damn foreigners" who immigrated from "shite hole" countries or off label by fringe doctors like that witch doctor who prescribed it 1000ands of time for Covid.  or maybe in barefoot, poor sanitation red state areas.  I can't recall a single patient with it on their med list.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Probably for those "damn foreigners" who immigrated from "shite hole" countries or off label by fringe doctors like that witch doctor who prescribed it 1000ands of time for Covid.

I knew it would be good. Thanks for not disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 1