Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

This has been discussed quite a bit after the SC ruling and the comments from Thomas.  You can easily look it up.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/406739/government-remains-americans-top-problem-2022.aspx

Discussed by those looking for a wedge issue. Sadly for those thinking contraception being in danger was a good wedge to drive, it turns out they were quite wrong. Not found anywhere in this poll from two months ago “targeting of contraception by GOP”.

Isn’t there something more pressing we can clutch our pearls about? NAZIS maybe? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

This has been discussed quite a bit after the SC ruling and the comments from Thomas.  You can easily look it up.

Yes, it has been discussed by a few people but where is it even close to happening? Your trolling needs work, you need to start with something with a real chance of happening 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Adams walked the line very nicely until that Rasmussen poll broke him. Watching him hero turn in real time was something. 

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Give us a link, ned.  I'm against the banning of any contraception.

Doc I appreciate you answering the question.  It was a genuine question.  Since it seems you all are anti abortion even in cases of rape and *****, I was wondering how you feel about this. 

Not sure why @JDHillFan or @Orlando Tim  think I am trolling. 

This month, Idaho state Rep. Brent Crane, Republican chair of the powerful House State Affairs Committee, said he would hold hearings on legislation banning emergency contraceptives and possibly IUDs as well.

A Louisiana House committee earlier this month passed a bill saying that “human personhood” begins at the point of fertilization, an interpretation that critics say could potentially be used to outlaw Plan B drugs, IUDs and perhaps other forms of birth control.

Wieland, the Missouri state senator, is among those with a wide view of what birth control methods might constitute abortion. He pushed last year for the measure that would have prevented Missouri Medicaid from paying for Plan B and IUDs.

“I believe life begins at conception,” Wieland said in an interview with Stateline. “Anything that destroys that life is abortion, it’s not birth control. [I have] no problem with stopping sperm and egg from connecting, but when that does happen, that is life.”

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2022/05/19/some-states-already-are-targeting-birth-control

36 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Doc I appreciate you answering the question.  It was a genuine question.  Since it seems you all are anti abortion even in cases of rape and *****, I was wondering how you feel about this. 

This month, Idaho state Rep. Brent Crane, Republican chair of the powerful House State Affairs Committee, said he would hold hearings on legislation banning emergency contraceptives and possibly IUDs as well.

A Louisiana House committee earlier this month passed a bill saying that “human personhood” begins at the point of fertilization, an interpretation that critics say could potentially be used to outlaw Plan B drugs, IUDs and perhaps other forms of birth control.

Wieland, the Missouri state senator, is among those with a wide view of what birth control methods might constitute abortion. He pushed last year for the measure that would have prevented Missouri Medicaid from paying for Plan B and IUDs.

“I believe life begins at conception,” Wieland said in an interview with Stateline. “Anything that destroys that life is abortion, it’s not birth control. [I have] no problem with stopping sperm and egg from connecting, but when that does happen, that is life.”

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2022/05/19/some-states-already-are-targeting-birth-control

Plan B is now the only form of birth control? If govt is not paying for it then it is banned? By your standard all guns are banned. Maybe not a troll, just not able to give even a minimal amount of critical thought to your argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Elon Musk drops the MIC on media calling them straight-up RACIST for spinning Scott Adams’ remarks

00001-1.jpg

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/26/elon-musk-drops-the-mic-on-media-calling-them-straight-up-racist-for-spinning-scott-adams-remarks/

Scott Adams is worth near $100 million according to google therefore he can say things simply to prove points, which is what I think this was. His entire purpose, I think, was to prove how the MSM is racist by saying something that black "leaders" have been saying for years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

It would help if you remembered my positions on abortion.  I'm OK with it up until 20 weeks.  I'm not OK with this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Ned…you can look up anything on the internet. I’m just telling you that I’ve not heard anyone talking about this in any setting, anywhere. Feel free to use as much contraception as suits your personal needs! 👍

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/24/roe-wade-clarence-thomas-contraception-same-sex-marriage/

Now you have.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Plan B is now the only form of birth control? If govt is not paying for it then it is banned? By your standard all guns are banned. Maybe not a troll, just not able to give even a minimal amount of critical thought to your argument.

I feel the same way about your myopic dumb responses. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Can understand why people outside that area are pointing to it being created outside that city as a potential problem.

But also understand that city is GANG town and has Gun/Violence issues that are leading the nation.  

So what do they do to help the millions living in that city?  that have to deal with Bagdad level crime?

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2022/01/27/jackson-mississippi-2021-homicides-highest-per-capita-murder-rate/9230045002/

https://www.wlbt.com/2023/01/07/analysis-second-straight-year-jacksons-homicide-rate-ranks-highest-us-among-major-cities/

https://crimegrade.org/violent-crime-jackson-ms-metro/

Here is a nice list of the gangs that run that city and in a strange twist, are highlighted like an accomplishment.

https://hiphopdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Jackson,_MS

Im guessing if you are a victim or worried about being a victim of that insane crime, you want something done cause the local government isnt doing squat.

here are the feds doing some work to break up the gangs.  so similar narrative where a larger body needs to assist.

https://www.nola.com/news/northshore/90-gang-members-among-arrests-in-mississippi-operation-reports/article_921b0260-91d8-5032-bd36-1b0042760b6e.html

A lot of the violence probably probably has to do with the Gangster Disciples taking over in that city..  

the CNN article trying to make it racial and leaving out the reasons why something needs to be done is another fine example of why CNN is trash.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

Of all the cities impacted by climbing homicide rates since summer 2020, Jackson really stands out. Data is not easily available for every city but Jackson topped any other US city I've seen 2021 data for with 101 homicides per 100,000. I would guess that local prosecutors are powerless to enforce laws as written due to electoral issues. The elected DA having this in his "mission" section doesn't raise my confidence level much:

We seek to apply innovative policies that work to end mass incarceration and correct the wrongs of the past.

"Innovative policies" like your first murder is free, evidently.

The state government certainly has an interest in correcting this, and should do everything in their power to do so. I don't know what Mississippi government regs and laws are but some states can relieve local elected officials of their duties if they've proven to not be cut out for the job. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, T&C said:

I stopped reading Dilbert a long time ago.  It's not funny anymore.  Once he quit his job he lost his material.  So I won't miss him for being gone.

xhttps://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/28/trump-voters-republican-primary-00084652

This is actually good.  Stupid people supporting bad candidates is not a winning formula

Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going anywhere. Fully 28 percent of Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him.

“All these folks are just hoping that Trump’s going to have a heart attack on a golf course one day, and that’s going to solve this problem for them,” said Fergus Cullen, a former New Hampshire Republican Party chair. “Not much of a strategy.”

Edited by redtail hawk

55 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

xhttps://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/28/trump-voters-republican-primary-00084652

This is actually good.  Stupid people supporting bad candidates is not a winning formula

Despite his difficulties since he left office, about a third of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters still consider themselves supporters more of Trump than the Republican Party, according to a recent NBC News poll. Many of them aren’t going anywhere. Fully 28 percent of Republican primary voters are so devoted to the former president that they said they’d support him even if he ran as an independent, according to a national survey last month from The Bulwark and longtime Republican pollster Whit Ayres. Indeed, the “Always Trump” component of the party is so pronounced that it’s affecting how Trump’s opponents operate around him.

“All these folks are just hoping that Trump’s going to have a heart attack on a golf course one day, and that’s going to solve this problem for them,” said Fergus Cullen, a former New Hampshire Republican Party chair. “Not much of a strategy.”

IF the Alaska election is a microcosm of this issue. the GOP was split between trump supported Palin and establishment GOP. and Mary won.

Huge amounts of people on all sides of every spectrum have given up and dont trust establishment candidates.   Its why the GOP chose trump over all those established tools.  its how Obama beat Hillary in 2016.

If the fear of the orange dude got 81 million to vote for the corporate failure that is biden, why would the left want trump anywhere but, on a ticket, or in the news?

@redtail  is that one of those trusted journalistic sites you mentioned?

Edited by Chris farley

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back. ~Carl Sagan

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

stg030223dAPC.jpg

Not a fan of this…..I mean, c’mon, Cobain is rarified air, in my grunge opinion.

But do appreciate and respect your efforts.

👍

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Couldn't decide if this belonged in the Joke thread but here it is

https://apnews.com/article/drag-tennessee-lgbtq-bill-lee-fc1932f765e364c475a319c95b4ec670

Republican Gov. Bill Lee says it would be “ridiculous” to conflate a recently surfaced yearbook photo of him wearing women’s clothing in high school to drag show performances currently under attack in Tennessee and other GOP-led states.

Lee told reporters this week that he plans to sign legislation that would severely limit where drag performances can take place by banning “adult cabaret entertainment” that is “harmful to minors” from public property or locations where children might see the performance.

When did dressing in drag become "Adult Cabaret Entertainement"?

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, there are stupid D's as well.

I know. all the ones that disagree with your opinions, must be dumb or someething

SMH

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Republican Gov. Bill Lee says it would be “ridiculous” to conflate a recently surfaced yearbook photo of him wearing women’s clothing in high school to drag show performances currently under attack in Tennessee and other GOP-led states.

Lee told reporters this week that he plans to sign legislation that would severely limit where drag performances can take place by banning “adult cabaret entertainment” that is “harmful to minors” from public property or locations where children might see the performance.

I know. all the ones that disagree with your opinions, must be dumb or someething

SMH

Have you ever dressed in drag?  I have for a Rotary on stage fundraiser.  One skit was Marv Alpert and the Tijuana Bras.  One was tub thumpers wearing trench coats with women's underwear underneath.  One member got thrown out cuz he had a stuffed beaver under his coat.  I switched clubs after a year but they made tons of money for charity from that event.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, redtail hawk said:

Have you ever dressed in drag?  I have for a Rotary on stage fundraiser.  One skit was Marv Alpert and the Tijuana Bras.  One was tub thumpers wearing trench coats with women's underwear underneath.  One member got thrown out cuz he had a stuffed beaver under his coat.  I switched clubs after a year but they made tons of money for charity from that event.

that's none of your business:) 

But have been involved and donated to drag events.  you wanna avoid the rookies on New years or other drinking days?  enjoy it in a club with a cover..  ITs so much fun and keeps the morons out.   local club near me puts on the Mr/MS southern tier drag karaoke.  you wanna talk about a good time.

We have a very popular cross dresser that reads to kids at our local library. (used to be the mayor, and Jim is an effing queen in the best way) dude isnt dressed scantily, but classy and doesn't make sexual jokes or statements as its children in the audience. 

its the kid/sexualization thing thats rubbing folks the wrong way.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 2